Register now to get rid of these ads!

So why was Fritz banned?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 2gunstewie, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2gunstewie

2gunstewie

I don't get it. Why was he banned of all people?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

He was logging on to another user's account without permission, reading his private messages, etc... I will let that user decide if he wants to come forward or not.

Pretty simple way to get banned.

3. henry29

henry29

I was going to ask the same question.

How would he have got their password?

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's a story I will have to leave for the victim to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using The TJJ App
    (available to hoodlums around the world soon)

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

oh hell freakin' yeah! :eek::cool::D

6. I hate that but he should have known better.HRP

7. 2gunstewie

2gunstewie

Sounds like a made-up reason to kick off someone you don't like.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I had some differences with Fritz for sure. However, I don't know the guy personally and would have no reason to see his account gone. Frankly, it's drama that I don't have the time for... Not to mention, the absolute breach of privacy with this deal that has concerned me to no end.

That being said, how badly am I opening myself up to legal ramifications by posting the reason for him being banned? Wide open I would say... And that's not a risk I would take without absolute 100% iron clad proof. I have that. And I took a lot of timing gathering that evidence before I banned his account.

It sucks... and it's very disturbing.

It is a good lesson however - if your password is easily guessable by someone that knows you, change it. If your password is simple and just a couple of characters, change it. If you have given out your password in the past, change it.

Obviously, I have the tools available to catch the folks that are ill-intentioned, but it typically takes me a day or two.

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yes I am the victim. Fritz hacked into my account and probably read all of my 700 some pms. I hope he got his jollies doing it... There is no excuse for it and if I never see that son of a bitch again it will be too soon. BTW I am not the only one whose account got hacked into by him

10. HRod 50

HRod 50

Not to be a buzz kill, but is the HAMB that serious that anyone would take it upon themselves to hack into someone else's account? This website is fun, but we aren't saving lives, or making changes in the world.. Its pretty silly.. Lets have fun people, thats why it is here...

Ryan, I don't know you, but I wanted to thank you for putting this website together. I recently separated from my wife, and because of the HAMB I've been distracted and slowly healing as the time passes. Thanks Again.

11. sawzall

sawzall

apparently

12. BLAKE

BLAKE

Genius! :D

13. An extremely sad situation.

Lesson learned, again.

Hats off to Ryan for his in-depth response to the question and, more importantly, for maintaining the high level of integrity for which he's known.

Thanks also to Moriarity for coming forward. It took courage but will nip endless speculation in the bud.

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I cant imagine the motivation to do that …… WTF is wrong with some people

15. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Please say an Andriod version is in the works as well?

16. Racrdad

Racrdad

Dang! Who woulda thought? I never and I mean never would have thought a HAMBer would have done that to another HAMBer. Whats the point of doing something like that???

Hats off to Ryan - I was one of many wondering why the ban? Obviously a very legitimate reason to ban him. Not that Ryan owed us any explanation but thanks and hopefully this is a warning to any other snoopers who might think its fun to dig around in other peoples accounts.

17. RAY With

RAY With

A hacker doesn't need motivation and his quest is to go where he is not allowed. Its beyond me how "REAL" hackers will spend countless hours building a VIRUS to screw up someone's computer but they do. Most have IQ'S off the chart and yet they waste there time to prove they can get by the best virus protection available to us and screw up thousands of computers. The low level hacker gets information from his victim over periods of time and turns it against him or by many other tactics available on the web. The fact that Fritz went into another Hamber's account for the hell of it doesn't speak well of him and we are better off without people like that. Just my opinion.

18. All these opinions have a lot of merit....and here is mine....Let's just drop it, say good riddance and move on.....the correct decision was made!

19. If you want this thread to wither away then why post and bring it back to the top?

20. Roothawg

Roothawg

Anyone that would like to look at my pm's , please email me. They are very exciting! I will forward them all to you for a small fee of $1.99.

21. HRod 50

HRod 50

HAHAHAHAH, Awesome!

Umm, I'll sell you guys my pm's for $1

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. Sad but true.

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Seems kinda odd that you have not posted since 2008, and your first post since then is concerning a member who was just banned from our site......One has to wonder how many diffren't members accounts fritz has hacked into and is able to log on anytime and post from their account.....Not saying that is the case here but it does look a little odd.....As far as fritz goes, I do not know him and am not sure 100% who he is, But if it is the guy who does really cool custom paint work in belton MO, I have met him....lacking a little on the friendly side But one hell of a painter....

24. RichG

RichG

Hopefully now that people are aware that Ryan can and WILL track your ass down if you do this will make people think before acting. A little enforcement goes a long ways. I worked with a guy who used a tiny suitcase lock on his work toolbox. I asked him why and he said, "It keeps honest people honest, and my box doesn't get destroyed by the dishonest ones." Such a sorry sentiment, but such a true one.:cool:

25. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Sad indeed...

26. brad chevy

brad chevy

Ain"t nothing sad about the whole deal,dude is a low-life for doing it,good that he got caught . Crook is a crook no matter if he can paint,do bodywork,build engines or whatever,Please close the thread before the wimps come out feeling sorry for the crook.

27. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

sounds like something a chick would do...

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas... Everyone makes mistakes... and I've never felt comfortable about trashing someone that can't be here to defend himself.

What's done is done. Let's move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.