Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #121
KSLeadslinger

Default Re: Please don't buy this Rat Fink Sticker!

That sucks!! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the scrotum of whomever stole your artwork !!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #122
dudley32

o.k. thanks for the info...d32
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #123
Sonny Depalma
Member Emeritus

Like Weez said its cool if you want to tattoo our art on your body or even paint it on a t-shirt. It's when you take original art remove our name and mass produce it and sell to dealers all over the country. The dude selling them on e-bay even had the balls to put a water mark over the art to protect him from getting ripped off artwork that he ripped off me. I have a guy in Australia making tin signs with my art on it, t-shirts from Michigan and in Japan they are making a stuffed plush toy of this artwork all without my consent and no $$$$$$$ I enjoy what I do and like to share it with others and will continue to do so.Thanks all to who responded and for your support, I am just tired of gettin ripped off. Sonny
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #124
Harms Way
Old School HAMBer

Sonny,.. you are a top shelf guy all the way,.. your artwork is totally amazing !,... Ed knew you did a better job with Rat Fink than even him,... I know you know this, but your to humble to mention it. Rat Fink was near and dear to Ed, and he chose you to leave his image in your capable hands (what a great honor). It's a shame that this guy is ripping you off,.. it disrespects not only you,... but also the memory of Ed Roth.

Hey,... next time your in Michigan, we'll go back to Bob Evans,... and stick Clyde with the bill !

H.A.M.B. Chapel

Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #125
-Brent-
Old School HAMBer

Putting this thread back to the top, Sonny. Love your work.

WANTED:
- 1933/34 Drive Shaft and Torque Tube
online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #126
Alfred_E_Newman
Grenade Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Depalma View Post
Like Weez said its cool if you want to tattoo our art on your body or even paint it on a t-shirt. It's when you take original art remove our name and mass produce it and sell to dealers all over the country. The dude selling them on e-bay even had the balls to put a water mark over the art to protect him from getting ripped off artwork that he ripped off me. I have a guy in Australia making tin signs with my art on it, t-shirts from Michigan and in Japan they are making a stuffed plush toy of this artwork all without my consent and no $$$$$$$ I enjoy what I do and like to share it with others and will continue to do so.Thanks all to who responded and for your support, I am just tired of gettin ripped off. Sonny
by the way you have some copyrighted logos and trade marks in your avatar(FLying Eye, Woodpecker, etc.) which I am guessing is also one of your artworks? Ironically one of these companies could post a thread about artists like you that use their logos in their paintings and such, for resell.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #127
zman
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred_E_Newman View Post
by the way you have some copyrighted logos and trade marks in your avatar(FLying Eye, Woodpecker, etc.) which I am guessing is also one of your artworks? Ironically one of these companies could post a thread about artists like you that use their logos in their paintings and such, for resell.
I searched for copyrights for both. The copyrights for the Flying Eyeball are way after the fact and there is plenty of prior art and lack of protecting it. I can't seem to find anything for the Woodpecker, but first Thrush would have to go after Clay Smith which predates theirs. So quit being a douche. You're clueless.

Last edited by zman; 11-23-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #128
Homespun91
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred_E_Newman View Post

Hmm. Every post that you make seems to be intended to stir up trouble, provoke an argument, or insult someone else. You are an Internet troll, by definition.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that you have been banned from this site in the past under a different name.

Life's a bitch. If it was easy, it would be a slut.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #129
zman
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homespun91 View Post
Hmm. Every post that you make seems to be intended to stir up trouble, provoke an argument, or insult someone else. You are an Internet troll, by definition.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that you have been banned from this site in the past under a different name.
I'd also be interested to see if he has the copyrights on the stuff he's selling.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=523106

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=526506
Old 11-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #130
Chuck Most
Grenade Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
I'd also be interested to see if he has the copyrights on the stuff he's selling.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=523106

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=526506
I don't recognize the pictures shown for the CD as anyone's work I'm familiar with, so maybe those images ARE his- I'm pretty sure he does NOT have the copyright to the old Clay Smith bird.

Shit... does this guy have the rights to use Alfred E. Neuman's image and likeness?: confused:
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #131
CutawayAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Most View Post
does this guy have the rights to use Alfred E. Neuman's image and likeness?: confused:
Maybe he IS Alfred E. Neuman?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #132
pastlane

The vector clip art images match an old cd I have here purchased years ago from Dave Looper. Dave did some freelance stuff for American Rodder.

Dave, is that you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Most View Post
I don't recognize the pictures shown for the CD as anyone's work I'm familiar with, so maybe those images ARE his- I'm pretty sure he does NOT have the copyright to the old Clay Smith bird.

Shit... does this guy have the rights to use Alfred E. Neuman's image and likeness?: confused:

Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #133
<FANG>

Sonny as I mentioned previously
I have had this happen to me in the past
And I’m now real cautious about how I display images online
I agree with Keith
Steel my S$%T and I’m going to track you down and our conversation in the parking lot wont be pleasant for one of us
A simple solution is just imbed a watermark in Photoshop
It’s a real bitch to remove
Let me know if I can be of any other help

Jim

Shameless Promotion if anybody is interested

http://jimcassatta.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jimmy&Patty.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1157920   Click image for larger version