Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOT OFF THE PRESS! New Photos of 2010 Billet Proof Florida Drags - Lakeland!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31chevymike, Oct 24, 2010.

1. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Just came back this afternoon from a 3 hour drive to Lakeland Dragstrip in Lakeland, Florida! Again, such an enjoyable event as promised... Hats off to the staff at the track, Billet Proof staff and the Poor Boys of Florida for another kick-ass event! Weather was perfect - cool in the am, warm and comfortable with a nice breeze! Man, some of the heavy hitters were there - the Nostalgia Dragsters, a wicked Fiat Topolino, Super Stock Altered, Gassers and the rear engined Funny Car too! Enjoy the Pics! Mike

Attached Files:

2. thendrix

thendrix

Cool pics. I think the Falcon is my favorite.

3. 31chevymike

31chevymike

more photos of 2010 billet proof florida drags!

Attached Files:

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

We had a blast all day...i made 11 runs, and the ol coupe still knows how to get down the track..to bad we have to wait till next year to do it agian..

5. 31chevymike

31chevymike

even more pics of 2010 billet proof florida drags...

Attached Files:

6. cal1320

cal1320
    from Florida

Cool pics. How was the car count? We hit the Ocala show yesterday. Had to do a trans service on her truck today instead.

7. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

This is a good pic of A HOTROD and myself..door to door at 90mph at the finish line..I think he beat me by a inch:rolleyes:[​IMG]..we had a blast all day !

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Cool shots. 62 bubbletops drive me crazy. Gary

9. looking

looking

It was a great day there,weather was beautiful.Racing was off the hook

10. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Is it who wins most...or who wins last? Are you guys still friends after all those battles? Great racing Poorboys.

11. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Great day! Many thanks to Alan, all the racers and all involved.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  12. Good to see you guys having a blast, that shot of Glenn having fun sure brightens my day, an inch is as good as a mile..;):D....more photo's please

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

13. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Thanks Gary! Would you believe that the camera card inside my brother's digital camera acted up just after my pics from pit row? I just headed over to the dragstrip when I got this message that said, "camera card needs to be formatted"... If I accept, I could have erased all of these pics on the camera card - so I had to shut off the camera. I just hung out at the edge of the burnout box - you guys might have recognized me with the marine fade and my favorite Clay Smith Cams t-shirt with the Cuban style American Flag. I was covered with bits of rubber from glasses to the bottom of my pants. Especially after the run with my favorite rail with my 392 Supercharged Hemi in action!!!!

14. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

If you did not have a blast out there yesterday, I do not know what it would take for you to have fun!!
    Thanks to Alan and the Billetproof crew for another great day!
    To bad it will be a year before the next one.
    Robert

15. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Cool pics. I like the AWB Valiant.

16. I only ran 2 runs... but the 10.9 was enough for my POS to beat a nice, shiny '48 Ford street rod... that's my sedan on the left.
    [​IMG]

No amount of lettering was gonna help the fuel issues on the Bad Penny.
    [​IMG]

Robert was having fun...
    [​IMG]

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I was beaten fair and square by John, the battle of the 235 Chevy customs has been won.
    I had a great day, despite the humiliation.

18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Easily one of the most laid-back, fun events you could have at a dragstrip. My heap crapped out Satuday night so it wasn't there but I still had a great time. Major thanks to Alan and Melissa for such a great day.

19. dragwillys

dragwillys

first time to attend billet proof..it was a blast...will have a car to race next year..

20. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

What a way to spend the weekend. Saturday night hanging out in the motel parking lot with everyone, then a day of non stop drags,just wish my car was there too. Hopefuly next year,but,dont rag me if its on a trailer.Almost 400 miles one way for me and I want to know no matter what I do to the car,it's still coming home. Thanks again to Alan and Melissa for an awesome weekend. Cant wait till next year!!

21. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Had a great time! Once I get my "woble of death" figured out, it'll be faster. I plan on launching my HotBox down the track next time with more vengince. Nice work by the host club, THe Poor Boys, and Alan the Billet Proof top dog. Great to see everyone.

22. [​IMG]

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Wobble of Death for sure. That was pretty scarry to watch. Hope ya had a change of drawers....:D

24. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

this show rocked! to the family and we had an amazing time! the sites the sounds the cars just plane amazing! i also brought my 69 year old mon and she had the best time...thanks for a great show!...ill be there for the next one for sure!...Jalopy

25. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

man after a painful trip we blew the rear main seal we made it by the time it was over, really bummed but again there is always next year!

26. Kenny P

Kenny P

Minibike Madness was a hoot!
    Anyone have photos??

[​IMG]

27. Ramblur

Ramblur

I think you actually had him off the line...
    [​IMG]

But he pretty much owned you the rest of the way...
    [​IMG]

In the pics above you can see the small concrete posts that were once the barriers between cars and spectators when the track was brought back from the dead in the late 80's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

COOL! Thanks for posting

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Great pics Ramblur, I had better reaction and 60 feet times but John pulled away each time three quarters of the way down.