Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Ganahl Book Available

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pgan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

I'm very happy to announce that my new book LOST HOT RODS is finally on the shelves. It's been a long wait, but I'm pleased with the results. You can order it directly from the publisher, CarTech Books at (800)551-4754 or cartechbooks.com. It's also at Barnes & Noble (if not, they can order it). And the best price, of course, is at Amazon.

If you live in the L.A. area, I'llbe doing a book signing at Autobooks Bookstore in Burbank (2900 W. Magnolia Bl--new location) on Saturday Oct. 23 from 10 to 2. Come by and say hi.

The book covers hot rods, customs, and dragsters, some that were famous cover cars, others that haven't been out of the garage in 40 years or more.
    Most are cars that have been found, but there's one chapter on lost cars that are still lost.

Examples of found cars include Joe Cruce's Tall T, The XR-6 roadster, The Bob Pierson '36 coupe, Doug Cook's '37 Chevy, The American Graffiti '58 Impala, the Bo Jones track T, the Glen Hooker '39 Merc, and George Sein's "Flamer" '32 coupe, among 100-plus cars in 200 pages.

Hope you like it. Hope there's a sequel.

Pat Ganahl

Attached Files:

2. M.Edell

M.Edell

3. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Already posted it for you Pat! You are a god!!!!!!!!!! This is a must get book. Now if you would just finish the second part of our interview everything would be right with the world! HA!

So what's the next thing from Mr. Ganahl???????

4. Very nice. I've looked forward to it and my order is placed.

/Per Webb

5. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

got to check out a copy at Hershey,cant wait for mine to get here

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Got my copy.I like it!

7. Mr. Ganahl! Looks like a great new book. I also wanted to thank you for the Street Supercharging book. That book pushed me over the edge and I am on my second blown engine now. Great book. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on the book or stories from when you were writing it? I was shocked to see you posting on here. Very cool. Thanks, Josh

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  8. Got my copy from Amazon on Saturday. It is a great book!

9. radio_king

radio_king

Another cool one,will place an order right away.

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

yay! when can i get a dvd copy of the rodder's journal video?

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks.........

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

12. Pat: I had the high honor of meeting you at the 1998 SEMA Show in which you turned me onto a relatively new publication you were involved in named 'The Rodders Journal'. During my four arduous years at Art Center, I didn't have a lot of time for magazines, movies, entertainment etc, so the SEMA show was my first 'fun' in years. The quality of the magazine and your generous offer of giving me the first three issues that I had missed convinced me to sign on and I've never looked back-I have every issue now and also several of your books and not only are they all informative, they're also great tomes about people, personalities and cultures I wish I could have experienced first-hand. I will continue to support your efforts site-unseen and I greatly appreciate all of your efforts and say 'Thank You' for all that you have done through the decades to keep the fires burning even during the darkest of days.

13. hasty

hasty

Looks good. I have just ordered one. BTT

14. Scotch

Scotch

I was fortunate to work with Pat on this book, and it's a great read!

Lots of great photos, and stories told as only Pat can tell them!

~S~

15. Pat (pgan) -

I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon (several months ago) ... and just received it last weekend ... it was well worth the wait ... as expected, it's well written and includes tons of great pics!

Thanks for putting this book together ... and a sequel would be cool!

Here's a few other threads that discuss the book:

* Today Pat Ganahl Shot My Merc
    * Lost Hot Rod- It's alive!!!
    * Pat Ganahl's book "Lost Hot Rods"
    * I just received my book "Lost Hot Rods"
    * Lost Hot Rods book by Pat Ganahl!!!!

16. 3day

3day
    from UK

pre-ordered weeks ago on amazon, can't wait!

17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

looking forward getting my hands on a copy
    have enjoyed all your work, thank you

18. 270283

Got mine last weekend. The usual excellent work. I'm still waiting for the sequel to your video! All of your writing and research is appreciated.

19. Hey Paul you can borrow mine anytime buddy! I Bought a copy from Dan B. at the Fall Monroe Swap Meet. They went fast, along with the new Rodders Journals he had as well.

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

You do good work Pat !

21. Hi Pat,
    After talking to you about the book at the Long Beach swap meet, I placed my order on Amazon when I got back home. I just received an email yesterday that it shipped. I am looking forward to checking it out, already looking forward to the sequel! :)

22. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Pat Ganahl is on the HAMB...NICE!!!!

Mr Ganahl, I hope you to be a regular contributer here. Anyone that knows of your past work in writing should respect your opinion.

I will be looking for your book at our local book stores.

23. Hey Pat, do people with cars in the book get a free copy? If so, I'd like mine signed please. :D

24. This looks like a "Must Have", thank you and hope you enjoy the HAMB.

25. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Got mine from Amazon yesterday, great book. A definate must have.

26. I just received my copy yesterday, I could not put it down. What a great book! thank you for putting this together and sharing your archives. There were several cars I had not seen before. I especially like the channeled 36 ragtop with the 40 front end. I took it to work today to show my car guy buddies I work with, I think I sold another 4 copies for you!

27. THANKS Pat, looks like another MUST HAVE for my collection!

28. Wellsville

Wellsville
    from Sweden

Thanks for a GREAT book ! It IS really GREAT!! Keep them coming !!! ;)

29. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Just finished reading your book, very cool and some great stories. Hope to see more storeis and finds in the future. Roth's A-sedan would be a cool find (it is actually a late 31, has an indented firewall per Andy southard's book). Thanks for the hard work!

30. matt73

matt73
    from va

just in time for x mas did you plan it that way lol all joking aside Pat , have enjoyed your work for as long as i can remember thanks for all you do!! will order asap