Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Ryan
Administrator

Default Hunnert Car Pileup - 2010

Historically, the Hunnert Car Pileup has had a reputation as one of the best pure car shows in the country. Last year, the show hit a bump. More cars showed than expected. More people showed than expected. The little host town and venue were overwhel...

To read the rest of this blog entry from The Jalopy Journal, click here.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Slick50

Default Re: Hunnert Car Pileup - 2010

This was our first Pile UP and it was a blast for us.

I'm glad you spoke of the Round Up and the Hunnert in the same sentence, because we are feeling they are both of the same calibre and we have included it as one of our top shows to attend.

A list, I might add that is dwindling, for various reasons.

Hats off to the Czars and Catherine who made it happen!!!

"The subject title could have made a good thread, but turned out to be just another rodent problem."
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
hot-rod roadster
Alliance Member

It's cool you mentioned the Pileup and the Roundup in the same sentence. I always tell people that the Pileup reminds me of the Roundup on a little smaller scale. Both very cool shows. Great job Czars in stepping up to the plate and addressing last years problems. You knocked it outta the park. Had a great time. Gary
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Plowboy
Alliance Member

As I have attended both shows multiples of times, I am also glad to see that they are getting mentioned in the same sentance as well. Hopefully people from across the country will start paying attention to this show and make Illinois one of their favorite car show destinations...just like I feel about the roundup which I plan on making as often as possible.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Deadbird
Alliance Member

Haven't been to the Roundup yet. It's top on my list of things to do. I too am really glad to see the two mentioned together. The Czars made a judgment call and just nailed it! What a great time. The future looks bright for the Pileup now, which is a lot more than I could say this time last year.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=829350
Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
dynamic88
Grenade Inspector

Thanks, Ryan. You pretty much nailed it... We had some really tough club discussions last year about whether or not this year's Pileup was going to happen.

We really appreciate the positive comments, and hearing that the people who attend are still digging it. Our club members (and DW) really kill themselves trying to pull this off every year.

And personally, I'm making plans to attend the Roundup next year. Already looking forward to seeing how its done down in Tejas.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Ford-Man
Grenade Inspector

HUGE thanks to DW, the Czars, and everyone else who so much as passed out fliers, worked at the show, organized a cruise, or told someone about it. It is people like you that made this weekend what it was.

No complaints, comments, or suggestions from me...just a huge grin.

Thanks for a great weekend.

http://www.rodsterscarclub.com/
Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
flt-blk
Old School HAMBer

It was a great show.....again.

I miss the Ring of Fire though.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
RunaroundSue
Grenade Inspector

LOVE your car! I took several pics of it. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-rod roadster View Post
It's cool you mentioned the Pileup and the Roundup in the same sentence. I always tell people that the Pileup reminds me of the Roundup on a little smaller scale. Both very cool shows. Great job Czars in stepping up to the plate and addressing last years problems. You knocked it outta the park. Had a great time. Gary

indyroadrockets
Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
ryno
Old School HAMBer

the czars did a awesome job and glad they moved the venue, its now closer for me! there is plenty of room for growth at this site. yes it was hot, but next year it very well may be snowing, that's the beauty of the mid west, or at least what some say.

i had a great time and it does, as mentioned have a mini LSR feel to it.
even had a great time at the secret Uranus party!
online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
ryno
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flt-blk View Post
It was a great show.....again.

I miss the Ring of Fire though.
is THAT what you and rashy call it
online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
kustombuilder
Old School HAMBer

This is my favorite show and has been since the first year. I have very fond memories of that first year. I drove there all by myself, because no one would ride that far in October in a chopped top car with no wipers, no side glass and no heat! I'm so glad i did. I made a lot of friends i might not have had i gone with a group. A lot of great people were there that first year. Magnet, Hellfish, Bleed, Larry Grobe (i don't think he was VooDoo Larry yet ), Hot Rod Josh and of course our hosts Andy Didio (who, via the HAMB, invited me to make the trek, even though we'd never met before.) and his dad Jerry. Great people, each and every one and there were many more who's names have escaped me...
This is the ONE show every year that i will not miss. It's been a great ride and i can't wait for number 10! ...Hopefully i can make the Round Up next year too. Always wanted to go to that show.

Thank You Chrome Czars and thank you Ryan!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Irish Dan

I too, believe your comments "hit the nail on the head" as they say, Ryan. It's always difficult to manage anything with "growing pains"!....and the Pileup is a perfect example of that! The Czars are a real class group and really put forth an earnest effort IMO to be fair and equitable about the manner in which they manage the Pileup. It ain't easy by any means! I saw a few vehicles that I felt were questionable in terms of the "entry criteria" but realized it's all but impossible to co-ordinate a perfect entry process;...especially on this large of a scale. I'm not one who enjoys passing judgment on others, and have made a practice of excepting matters as they are rather than taking issue with details I may or may not agree with. The Hunnertcarpileup is still my favorite event of the year and, at the rate it's going, most likely always will be for the simple reason that when I'm there, I'm absolutely IN MY ELEMENT! It's a GREAT event and the Chrome Czars should be applauded for their efforts in providing one of the best Hot Rod Venues of it's kind! I wish them all continued success!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
glenn33

Yep, another great year. I'm sure there will be changes for next year, but only for the best. This year was a tough one for me, but made darn sure I was there. And as always I made some great new friends, and saw many old faces. This show,The Rust Revival, and Symco are all about family....

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
bustedlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno View Post
the czars did a awesome job and glad they moved the venue, its now closer for me! there is plenty of room for growth at this site. yes it was hot, but next year it very well may be snowing, that's the beauty of the mid west, or at least what some say.

i had a great time and it does, as mentioned have a mini LSR feel to it.
even had a great time at the secret Uranus party!
The Uranus party was out of this world!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
lowpunk
Grenade Inspector

Thanks a lot Ryan. Like Lucky(Dynamic88) said its been a long tough year on everyone. We wanted to make it happen and have a great show but still keep the nature of the show the same its been since the start. You can imagine how hard that is with the number of specatators and "show car" that it has become! Everyone in the club and Catherine has sacrificed a lot to make it happen and it was great to see how the show turned out. It's crazy how much time, effort and planning it takes to put on a show of this size. We can't please everyone but i think the majority of people will agree that it was one hell of a show and still felt like the Hunnert Car Pile-Up.

I can't say it enough that this show can't be done without the volunteers and all the great people that make the long treks to come to our "little show", haha. It's greatly appreciated by every one of us. It's a great time and am making every effort to make it to the next LSR. Thank you again Ryan, it was kinda surreal to open this thread and read about it!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #17
Deadbird
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedlifter View Post
The Uranus party was out of this world!

Yeah, sorry I missed it. Zigged when I shoulda zagged. Next year.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=829350
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
Jive-Bomber
Alliance Member

I've always said its better to take quality over quantity with a car show... That's why I don't attend the 'mega-rodz-shows' for the most part.
Just a little filtering at the gate keeps the vibe more on target for everybody that gets "it" to enjoy. There will always be crybabies who want their lowered 67 Impala in a traditional rod & custom show, but drawing the line makes it a better show for everybody, and I admire that.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
Church
Alliance Member

The show was awesome. WAY bigger than I thought, without many 4 wheeled turds. I do however, have a little complaint..... but just one. Can a brother get a god damn cloud in the sky?

Great meeting some new peeps too. I'll post some pics after I download my camera and process what a great time I had. Bravo Chrome Czars...BRAVO!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
spoons

I was lucky enough to go to both this year (Round-up, Pile-up) and enjoyed both. In fact, they almost seemed the same..Good cars, people, and WARM!!!