Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hear Bo Huff has cancer. Benefit show update! Please read!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Sep 21, 2010.

1. This is from My facebook. A friend of mine is Friends with Maddy Huff and I found this posted on her wall this morning. this is a straight copy and paste. I have nothing to do with this except the interest of helping out another hot rod brother. I have never met him, but hear he is a great guy, and he needs our help.

Dear Friends of Bo Huff:

Bo Huff has currently been diagnosed with Stage 3 Mutliple Myeloma and is in treatment at Hunstmen Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.

He needs to undergo 2 rounds of chemo and radiation therapy immediately at a cost of $25,000 per cycle. Our goal is to raiseas close as possible to $50,000 (2 cycles + medication) as he is on Medi-Cal and they only potentially pay for one cycle of treatment.

Our objective is to have an art/artist supported raffle to help raise funds for his therapy. We will feature this event in Car Kulture Deluxe magazine and I will additionally scout feature artists fromthe submissions. We have only 30 days until Oct. 31, 2010 to get submissions into me. WIll you help me put the word out to the art & hot rod builder community?

Note: In the spirt of positive thinking, we are affectionately calling the art show the "Glo Huff Chemo and Radiation Cancer Fighting Fundraiser. " He starts aggressive therapy this Monday.

Submissions can be anything/ format thats hot rod/biker/lowbrow art related but must be signed and preferrably original worksPaintings must be already framed and ready to display or hang with sawtooth or wire backing as I dont have time toassemble any framing prior to the event.Drop Dead delivery deadline is Monday Nov. 1, 2010.All items will be raffled off at the event by an MC and the funds will go into a charity fund to pay the hospital bills.

Artwork will be sent to me for staging and I will get it to the fundraiser. Please mail items to:Anna Marco PO BOX 1895 Beverly Hills CA 90213ph. 310 925 6966email: [email protected]

Additionally we are working on making event shirts and will have a Deadsleds (and others) car club sponsered music and car show in the Inland Empirelocation, date , and time TBD.

Your assistance will be deeply appreciated, please put the the word out to our usual suspects as will I. Bo has now agreed to let folks know he needs our help.

Much LoveAnna "saves fabricators" Marco

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

This is sad news indeed. Bo is a friend & one helluva builder. I'll call him soon, but my thoughts and prayers are with the family right now.

Jonnie

3. Get better, Bo. He's a really nice guy, IMO. I'll be watching for this auction...

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'll see what I can dig up...Bo's a good friend and I certainly wish him well thru this...

R-

5. rockinokie

rockinokie

...just heard the same. Bo is a helluva dude.

Prayers are with Bo and his family and high spirits for Bo as well.

6. pinman 39

pinman 39

Get well soon.Would someone post more info on Benefit .There are quite a number of
    Idahoans that know Bo and probably willing to help.

7. "Myeloma is an accumulation of malfunctioning or "cancerous" plasma cells. Cancer is a disorder characterized by transformation of normal cells to abnormal cells that grow and multiply uncontrollably. The net effect is the appearance of large numbers of abnormal cells capable of forming bodily masses, or tumors, with the capacity to advance locally and invade adjacent tissues and organs or spread either through the lymphatics or the blood vessels into distant organs. The ultimate effect of this "malignant" upheaval is erosion and organ dysfunction".

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/myeloma/article_em.htm
    See this link for the whole explanation, if you feel so inclined... not wished upon my worst enemy (well, maybe those A-hole car thieves of late.)

This POS cancer took my little sister (@ age 45) from me just over a year ago... the doctors attacked it a year prior to her passing, but it came back, with avengence, and she refused to go the chemo hell again. She was/still is my angel. :rolleyes:

With that said, I met Bo at a number of car shows, and albeit breifly, our conversations have frequently replayed in my memories of "Da Famous" car people I've met. My prayers go out to Bo and his family.

Therefore, I too, ask that we here lend him some financial and emotional support.

8. Maybe this is sticky appropriate? BTW I have no affiliation with Bo Huff. Just trying to help spread the word.

9. Well, I'm not the most artistic artist but I can hold a brush, even if it only nets a couple bucks I'll paint a panel.

10. Was posted on our club forum this morning, some of our members have already promised donations...

And yeah, bump for a sticky.

11. As soon as I get any more info it will be posted here.

12. Just heard this from Maddy Huff through FB.....

"It will be around the end of November in Riverside, California... Not sure exact date and venue yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I know."

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  13. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I am good friends with Bo and have been talking to him regularly. Bo has been getting tests ran, going through radiation treatments, and fighting with this for nearly a month now. The benifit is going to be a great way to help out but he can use any help that anyone can provide financially. My wife and I are going to start sending whatever we can each paycheck to help out. Every little bit would help.
    Bo is in good spirits at this time but he has a hard road ahead of him. I currently have his youngest son Junior working for me to help him during this time but keep Bo and his whole family in your thoughts and prayers.

We are wishing him the best through out this entire process and he is in our prayer.

14. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

15. For people without facebook.

Here is the bank account information for anyone who would like to donate money to help pay for the treatments to save Bo Huff. Any amount will help! $5, $10, $20, whatever you can do!
    PayPal:
    [email protected]

...Wire to:
    SunCorp - Routing #324084003
    further instructions to:
    Sunnyside Credit Union - Routing # 324379792
    to Bo Huff - Account # 00006520-B

Mail to:
    Sunnyside Credit Union
    West Market Street
    P.O. Box 519
    Sunnyside, UT 84539

Additional Info:
    (435) 888-4433
    FAX: (435) 888-4434

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a bump, until it gets a sticky.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My prayers to Bo for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery.:(

18. I've met him twice. I once spent a few hours with him at his shop in East Carbon. Both times I was floored as to how genuine a guy he is. He is the real deal. I will be contributing.

19. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

20. big creep

big creep

paypal sent! sticky! get well soon! and get back to building cars!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Paypal sent. Hoping for the best. I have met Bo and he was nice to me.

22. beauishere

beauishere

Prayers for your recovery Bo.

Aloha nui loa

23. big creep

big creep

24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good move, Matt. Prayers sent for Bo, and $ tomorrow.

25. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Im glad to see no shit talking on here. Truthfully I was not going to say a thing to the HAMB about my friend Mr Huff. I've known him for 10 years now. He helped me through some of my college by paying my tuition and more than once has bought food for my family and I when I was struggling through school.

He is a man like any other with his faults and with his gifts. He's in for some very tough times and you can bet that I will donate as much framed photos as I can to help him pay for chemo costs. I've lost 5 people this last year to death. I dont want to make it another one anytime soon.

26. teddyp

teddyp

met bo huff at lead east afew years back great guy had alot of fun with him my prayers for him and his will sent what i can btt for the late night crew

27. frankieC

frankieC

May god be with you bo
    met bo at l.e. Also he picked my car for his award & terry had a fit (no primerd car wins at my show ) lmao bo said he woud leave well i got the award!!!!!
    My prayers are with you bo
    you will beat this!!!!!!!!!
    God bless
    frankie c.
    38 sled

28. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Anna,

I will donate one of my pinstripe sculptures to the auction. Call me at the ACME number or PM me about how to get the art to you for the auction.

John

29. Troyz

Troyz

$20.00 sent. It was easy using paypal. PayPal: [email protected]. I'll be watching for the date on the benefit show.

30. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I know how this can sound, so don't take it the negative way.... Doesn't he have a fairly extensive car collection? Not saying I wouldn't donate to help him out, but auctioning a couple of his cars would probably bring in the money really quick. Just a thought.... I'm not saying that to be a jerk. I'm happy to donate to help out though. I definitely wish him the best.

If there is a SLC leg to this event, I'd be glad to help out. Feel free to PM me.