Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malpass, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I need direction, I'm thinking Cragar S/S or some stock Mustang Bullitt or Torque Thrusts, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I nice set of painted steel wheels, with hub caps or..-> cones and chrome nuts

3. I hadn't even thought of steelies, what color do you think would look good? that would be a much cheaper route, also

4. BISHOP

BISHOP

Black steelies with cones and chrome nuts.

5. Or Satin black with chrome spiders and nuts.

6. gloss black with spiders

7. 4 doors don't look right with muscle car wheels. Run steelies with caps & rings of your choice. I'm not really a whitewall guy but I would consider it on that car.

8. I love my torque thrusts and totally recoment them, the only thing is a get a lot of shit for them at some of the "traditional" shows i go to like midnight mass and billitproof and stuff, but i love the look.

[​IMG]

9. Lo-fi

Lo-fi

I vote for torq thrust II's. I love Cragars but they rust so easily. Torq thrust II's are polished aluminum. I'm about to put some on my 4 door galaxie. Love the look of them. Just realized you are right across the water from me. Good to see someone locally with a sweet car.

10. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

11. nummie

nummie

satin black steelies, chrome spider, body color vanity ring

12. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Hey Hood Rat,

Here's some of my pictures of my 1962 & 1963 Ford Fairlanes. My 1962 Fairlane 4-door is being done in a late-60's street/strip theme with skinny 15" Cragars in the front and 15" black Crown Victoria wheels for the rear (similar to the rendering I did of my old 1963 Ford Fairlane 2-door sedan). I've included some pictures of different wheel combinations I put on or thought of putting on, first with the stock wheels and hubcaps (when I first bought it):

[​IMG]

Here's a rendering a friend did for me with black "rally style" wheels with a thin white wall and dig dish hubcaps (excuse the '64 Ford Fairlane in the corner, he got the year mixed up):

[​IMG]

Next is 14" Keystone Rebel mags in the front with the 15" Ford Crown Victoria wheels (I wish the unilug area was not as chewed up or I would be running them):

[​IMG]

I got a good deal on a set of 14" E-T Daisy wheels and threw on a pair of the front (in February) to see how they looked:

[​IMG]

Last but not least is my rendering of my old 1963 Ford Fairlane 2-door post. The front wheels are based on a "Torque Thrust-styled" design with 15" black steel wheels in the rear:

[​IMG]

I hope this helps with your decision!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

13. large-stache

large-stache

Red steel wheels with white walls, that's what all the "kool" kids are running.

14. These are all great ideas, thanks for the pictures, too. I certainly am not going to do wide whites on this car, if it get steroids it will get pinned whites at the most. I really like the idea of the keystones, or the daisy ETs.

15. If you're going to leave the tin visors on it then that car is perfect for the "I screwed with my Mom's car" look. No offense intended.

Either black or body color steel wheels with baby moons would be good, or Chrome acorns. If you wanted to take it to the extreme you could even throw a super stock wedge on the rears.

All those looks were common in the high school parking lots when I was a kid. I am still known to do that on occaision with my daily just for grins. Some of the folks don't get it but about anyone my age does.

16. at the end it's your car, do what makes you happy. my 2 cents would be stock steels with a ribbon white walls , either a full wheel cover or dog dish caps. Good luck !!

17. I've wrestled with taking the window visors off, the main thing keeping them on is my wife likes them. But who knows, I can still keep them around if I change my mind. I do have skirts for the car as well, that would take it a totally different direction. I certainly don't like the 80s pep boys look it has now with those wheels

18. Well at least you have good taste. I wouldn't loose the visors if you do decide to take them off. I put some of those on a '56 Chebby truck I owned for a couple of months because I could. I liked the hell out of them even if no one else did.

19. large-stache

large-stache

hood rat, I was just messing with you. ilike the daisy ETs or steelies with caps, Torq Thrusts would look good too.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  20. pinman 39

pinman 39

A look popular from the 70s Chrome wheels( No Baby Moons) unless its your sisters car or Slots with center caps ( No 3 Bar Spinners) .
    my$.02 worth.

21. dannyego

dannyego

hows about something like this??

Attached Files:

22. thanks for the picture of the falcon with the steelies and spider caps, i was having a hard time picturing my car with steel wheels. I kinda dig that. I had been at a loss since i bought the car trying to figure out what wheels would look good on it, those aluminum jobs aren't cutting it.

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

damn , is that all that makes ya kool .
    If i was president , i would go gangsta whites & rings. Color code the steelies.
    But i don't want to be president today .

24. What about something like this?

Attached Files:

25. sololobo

sololobo

In my opinion: Your car is a real cruzer with a lot of cool original trim and some extras. I think steel wheels in black with full hubcaps, some whitewalls would really set a new attitude as well. Good looking car, staying very original is key to its posture as well. A mild lowering would also give a nice vibe. Cool car, enjoy it, and never apologize for it being a 4-door, easier for all the girls to get in. ~Sololobo~

26. burgetts99

burgetts99
    from Cincinnati

As much as I love the thirty inchers :eek:, I'd have to go with body colored steelies and baby moons!

27. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

Gloss black painted steel wheels with a ribbon white walls and and hub caps of your choice

28. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I like factory mag-style hub-caps.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd find a set of original steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps... maybe a narrow white wall. nuthin' wrong with a good ol' sixties stocker where I come from.

30. Dirk35

Dirk35

Those steel rims and spider caps look pretty good in my opinion.