Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hollish A/C in action

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ftroop, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

It was the highlight of my weekend to send Todd down the track in his A/C for the first time, second time and third time. To make things even cooler, Joe Hollish, and Ernie Long were on hand to make sure we did every thing right.

Todd has been helping me with my cars for over 20 years, it was cool for me to finally help him.

First pass was a drive it down the track, to make sure every thing worked.

Second was supposed to be a light burnout and a 100' er, well that did not work out so well. The burnout ended up being a 100'er and the "light" pass went to the 1/8, hazing the tires at the hit and yanking the front end on the gear change.

Third pass came Saturday morning, a preview of the days show with all the media on hand. Great burnout, the launch was not as good as the previous due to the fact they had already glued the track and there was not enough launch rpm, but a nice straight pass to the 1000'.

Thanks Todd for letting me be a part of such a cool deal.

Here are some of Bob Snyder's photo's form Saturday. Thanks Bob.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Thanks for your help Steve. Thank you to all the people that have helped me. Hopefully someone will post video and more photo's.

3. crapshoot

crapshoot

dam thats RAD

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love that thing!!! I need video!

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

dam i hope somebody has video!

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

neat stuff todd!! glad you could finnally get to do this! dam i have a wood! rich

7. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

ditto on the video!! Great lookin rail.

8. Cool guys! Thank you for the great pictures. Glad to see that thing get to run.

9. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Steve and Todd are two Cool guys. And they got the cars to prove it. Hope to see you both again in Detroit next year. Slim

10. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

It was one of the top highlights of my weekend, it sounded great. Todd are you going to be able to run it at Martin or Milan this September?

Jon

11. gas pumper

gas pumper

I missed the track passes, but spent a bunch of time looking this car over. It is really something to see. The pictures are just a tease. it's spectacular.

I did hear it run in the pits and talked to Todd some.
    What an interesting car.

Frank

12. youngb!tch

youngb!tch
    from Canton MI

got a few videos of miscalculation going down the track, some spots are somewhat bad but its good to have seen it go down the track. ( i kept my eyes more on the car then even looking at the 2 cameras i was using) next time it will be better.

TODD TOLD ME I AM THE MAN IF I POST WHAT I GOT!!! I GUESS IM THE MAN!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xk41gNf_hCU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xk41gNf_hCU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZzPed45N8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZzPed45N8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVoHplNAjRc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fVoHplNAjRc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHXJ0VUd4OQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHXJ0VUd4OQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Thanks for posting the pic's and video's. My work has locked-out alot of websites as far ipc's go. So if anyone has pic's post them here or please e-mail them to me. Thanks again. Todd.

14. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Bill Truby took these. Thanks Bill.

Attached Files:

15. youngb!tch

youngb!tch
    from Canton MI

todd, heres that video/slide show that i put together of the photos that i got of your car. this is everything that i got. the music might sound a little bad but its something to listen to.

sorry video is not allowed with youtube, changing the format now. i will post it when its done

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  16. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

awwww, quit sandbagging it you big tease!!! lets see what that bad boy will do!!!

17. youngb!tch

youngb!tch
    from Canton MI

as much as the rest of us would like to see what it would actually run i dont know if there is going to be any more passes on this car. the biggest thing is all the saftey "codes" im pretty sure if he was to make it up to todays standards the car would take on a new look and it would not be "original". anyways it made it down the track and looked DARN good doing so, i got one more video to post but i gotta burn it off the disk hope to do that soon then you can hear it at the 330 ft line and shifting into second gear, man is it cool.

18. 51box

51box
    from MA

This thing is so nasty, I love it. Tow that beast up to winterport dragway in Maine and they will let you run that car all you want.

19. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Like a proud new daddy I am sittin here with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

Damn it Todd, That is Fuckin Bad Ass.!!!!!

Long live the front motor dragster !!! Especially the ones that look right,,, Like this one. KING

20. John T.

John T.

AWSOME! Great work guys!

I was lucky enough to hear the car in person Sat. in the pits and it sounds cool as hell in person.

Steve, have you talked to him about putting a reverser in it though? :)

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Reverser?!?!?!?!?! What is that?!?!?????

22. S.F.

S.F.

completely badass in every way possible, that olds mill sounds spectacular.

23. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

It does have reverse. Steve had forgot about that. As soon as I was going to let the clutch out, I seen him pop into view so back into neutral it went. On the third pass (wich has not been posted yet) I did use reverse. Todd

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  24. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Bob Wenzelburger was kind enough to forward these picture's he took on Friday and Saturday at the funnycar reunion at Marion County Int. raceway. Thanks Bob.

Attached Files:

25. Mattbee

Mattbee

Nice pictures Todd. I'll tell Matt tonight, he won't see them until Saturday. :) Gary