Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pay the price!!lol

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimv, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Jimv

Jimv

Ok as everyone know its fun to do burn out!! especially when the time is right! well over the last few years its my trade mark to "smoke em" from time to time.
    Heres the results from having a great run on 'eventless" burn outs!
    All in all today sucked.On top of this happening to my rearend while driving up rt95 thru RI In the ran with no top & doing 60 I got a $85 parking ticket in Watch hill, RI from some asshole "temp" parking enforcer!!
    JimV

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

Watch Hill? ...geez, hanging around the yuppie beaches, eh? :) They don't want no riff raff hanging around.:D

I don't think it was burnouts that did that.

You likely will get some flak for running the rear arms like that...;)

3. i don't know whats worse the broken Axel or all the filler foam poring out of your quarter lol. jk im a dick .that sucks though!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

been there.... done that.... did you learn anything? I never did LOL

Pontiac Slim

5. PokerStogey

PokerStogey

If the burnouts were done right.... Totally worth it!

6. skullhat

skullhat

lol, same here

skull

7. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I was about to say the same thing...I must be a dick too...:D

8. Ladder bars will do stuff like this.

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

ouch. jim, that sucks.

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Uhhh, Were you parked illegally?

11. I broke a ladder bar in a tubbed Nova. The bar itself broke though, not the housing/axle tube. Looking at your picture I don't understand why you have what looks to be a large muffler clamp on the axle tube. Was the tube already cracked and you added the clamp for some support? I can see the ladder bars, and I can see the coilover mounts but what's the clamp about?

It sucks to grenade something when you're out "waking up the neighbours" but I have a hunch that rearend was in poor condition to begin with.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  12. I put a cleveland motor in my fairlane and had a lot of fun. Torched three sets of tires before I pitched the pinion gear right out the front of the housing. Luckily I had another 9 inch waiting...

Is there really a point to when you're having too much fun?

Scott

13. brad chevy

brad chevy

Looks like it broke right at the welds ,weakest point but what is the clamp for?

14. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

yeah, what's the clamp for!?

15. Jimv

Jimv

the rear housing did crack a couple of years ago & i welded a "strap" completely around the housing & to the batwing to relieve the pressure of just a "blade" type batwing. When i first notice the crack(it was actually pulling the batwing away at the top) i clamped it to get the car home.and being somewhat lazy i moved the clamp over to weld it & left it on there, figured it wouldn't hurt anything
    JimV

16. Jimv

Jimv

all our cars where parked 'illegally" But another "parking enforcer" said it was cool & that he would watch the cars for us!!, the fuckin idiot!( i guess i was also for believing him).
    Heres a picture of him "hanging out" with us!!
    And you can bet your ass its getting sent in with the payment & the ticket with a letter explaining what he told us! The 3 of us who got the tickets are all going to do it!
    jimV

Attached Files:

17. Jimv

Jimv

Fuck no, i'll start doing burnouts right after its replaced!!lolo
    JimV

18. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That sucks Jim, but you're probably not surprised. Any guess as to how many burnouts you've done without breaking anything? I'm guessing alot! :D Sucks about the ticket too, probably the same dick you talked to, he waited 'til you were around the corner. Lucky they didn't tow that nice pick-up with the wing :eek:

19. Hell, I'd STILL be writting tickets to the owner of that "rig" in that pic. What the hell IS that?

20. fkn perfect!!!! I was thinking the same thing, WTF is that!?

21. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

lol!

22. Judd

Judd

Jim
    I've done that twice in the last year (braced it with about 10 lbs of steel the last time) . I broke the rear pinion bearing support next, added 9" N case with Moser caps and a forged daytona pinion support. That lasted two runs then I twisted the front drive shaft yoke and crushed the rear bearing cap. I just installed a thickwall tube drive shaft with big U-joints like the 64 427 Galaxies used and forged billet yokes at the rear and trans. I'll install the Kevlar (SP?) disc in the clutch and scatter shield next Sunday so I can launch above 3,500 with out the clutch slipping so I can find some more weak spots. Ain't racing fun! LOL

23. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Jim, what did you do! lol ps my garage is open. Jared

24. glassguy

glassguy

jim. thats why ive warned you in the past about your behavior !!! i hope you learned your lesson!! and now we are gonna start working on your drinking! theres no place for any of it in this hobby! sick of you kids..

25. 94hoghead

94hoghead

26. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

hahahah.. looks like a fun break to make happen. , i had the rear end out of my hemi
    valiant go bouncing down the road after a reverce burnout, it hooked up and took off... without the car..

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Now fix it and make it better!

Did you at least get to ride the carousel?

28. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

[​IMG]

That sucks Jim!, Now get it fixed without muffer clamps!!:D

29. Jimv

Jimv

heres a coupe of more pics after i took it apart!
    I'll fix it with JB weld!
    JimV

Attached Files:

30. glassguy

glassguy

j-b weld is for hackers! do it rite!! a soup can with a hose clamp on iether end.. j/k fellah lemme know if ya need the big welder. if you want, bring it up , and we can put the smack down on it..