Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dynodanny's 241 dodge hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DYNODANNY, May 26, 2010.

1. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Well guys I'm finally got my engine back together in one peice,as you know I had an oil pressure problem and the engine had to come apart. After I figured out the issue I re-assembled the bottom end and checked for oil pressure up to the block. Now with pressure to the block the heads went back on,the rocker shafts are on. I primed the engine and now I have pressure up to the rockers. Not as much oil as I expected, my small block wets the hole top end. Well now I have to deal with the down draft tube, it wont work with my 3x2 intake. I have to make a PCV valve system woek with the original valley pan. Any suggestions? Well here are some progress pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will get it running tonight so I will post some pictures later and maybe some video.

2. Looks fantastic. Word of warning though, next time you post pictures, throw away the box your blow up doll came in. :D (first pic with valve covers on)

3. That's Funny! :D

4. farmer12

farmer12

Love them hemis, great work!

5. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Dam you got me on the blow up doll box. I need to get rid of that box before my wife finds out. Good eye Prewarcars4me.

6. otas

otas

I'm sure you will get lots of answeres on your pvc but I did a 392 a few years ago and a friend of mine machined a piece to fit in the hole where the blow pipe goes and ran the pvc out of that. I am fixing to put a red ram 241 in my 40 coupe and will probably do the same thing again.

7. Lol, at least it wasn't the sheep version.

I like your front mount. I have a 241 I was thinking of how I wanted to do the mount. Wasn't sure if I wanted to go "Hurst style", but it looks good. What thickness is that made from?

8. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

its 1/4 in. my buddy Luke made it for me.

9. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Blow up dolls are great for company. They never complain about the swearing and beer consumed. Let's hear it for Ventura!!

10. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

DYNODANNY..I sent you a PM..
    Duane

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome! Lookin' good!

The oil flow you spoke of to the rockers is normal. They're not high volume. Just make sure the rockers are all oiling. The top end oils COMPLETELY different from SBC. Don't be alarmed.

Something to keep in mind about the PCV... If you put a PCV valve in, you have to vent the engine somewhere. Preferably through the valve covers. The PCV that I used on my 331 was pretty much an off the shelf cheapy with the correct grommet, mounted in a hole in the back of the valley cover, close to the distributor. Vented through the valve covers, one on each valve cover as far away from the PCV as I could get.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah, and let's see some video man! :cool:

13. 31modelo

31modelo

Looks good Danny. Hows the rest of the truck coming along?

14. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I haven't followed this till now, what was your first oiling problem & fix? Will be running a 241 270 in my roadster to be...................................

15. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Mr.31MODELO the truck is comming along, once the engine is running I will put the fenders running boards and wire up the headlamps and tail lamps. I'm need a few more little things to tie up. Those holly carbs I got from you a while back are going to be used soon. As for Brigrat the problem I was having was a mistake on my part, the original pump had a nut in the oil pressure valve, this caused me to have 100 psi. when running. Also the rear #5 cam bearing was not aligned correctly. So double check all your steps cause these motors are to expensive to build once.

16. George

George

Or just replace the steel wool in the oil fill cap with lawn mower air filter material instead of molesting the valve covers. It'll do better than the OEM engineering on ventilation.

17. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of using one of those Mr.Gaskets oil filler cap the round ones. And I really like the valve cover breathers like the offy's.

18. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I know it's your engine but I can't see ruining a beautiful pair of Red Ram embossed valve covers..Oil fill cap vent will be enough..V.C. $300.00, holes cut in them $100.00..
    Duane..

19. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

You got a point there Duane, I was thinking about getting the covers chromed. What do you guys think?

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Chrome, no holes...........
    Thank Duane ............

21. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Have you seen the pictures of Ron Williams 241 hemi powered roadster, thats kind of what I'm going for except for the injection set up.

22. pdq67

pdq67

I want to say that everything is old enough that you can tell CARB to take a hike!

Run a road draft tube and screw them!

I think if everything is older than '63, CARB doesn't apply... Please check into it.

And don't put up w/ any of their BS, get into CARB's rules site and read it for yourself because I have to read this crap at work every so often because I helped do MO's smog Inspection/Maintenance rule, 10 CSR 10-5.381, for the St. Louis ozone nonattainment area the last time it was amended.

pdq67

23. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

I agree, but then again what the heck do I know?

:cool:

24. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Well ... I'm going to have to disagree with this. PVC systems work wonderfully well, reduce pollution, don't reduce the power you can make, and keep the roads a bit cleaner. Less oil on the roads is a good thing, and anybody who has ridden a motorcycle in the first few minutes of a passing shower knows what I mean.

25. following...as there are some Red Rams lurking around the work bench....maybe a D500...as well...

26. pdq67

pdq67

Shmoozo,

I'm talking legalities here, not road grime is all.

You want to talk about road grime, years ago back when I was tramming the old AP Green Gunning Refractories 6-wheeler on the interstates up around Chi-Town, (aka, I-80/90/94), late one rainy Friday evening, my CB came on and the 18-wheelers were telling all of us w/ CB's to watch the roads b/c THEY were out dumping HAZ-WASTE on the roads as we drove through it in the rain.........................

And I'm here to say that my windshield oiled over for like 20 miles driving through the illegally dumped crap.

pdq67

27. Looking good Danny. Hope to see it soon!

28. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Just got out of the garage tonight, did a little work on my fuel system and linkage. This sure takes some time,alot of measuring and thinking. Well heres some progress pictures. Whats up Kevin! Need to spend some time at your place or maybe you could come down to my garage one of these days. My door is always open for any Hambers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

One vote for leave them painted they look great and are not like everybody has for an engine. Stand out in the crowd and be proud.

May I suggest cutting off the excess ends of your linkage (after fine tuning it and getting it right) those excess rods and the main linkage with all the excess holes detract from the awesomeness.

30. What he said and maybe pick out the lettering in Orange?