Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen flathead motor Dallas area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skinnydennis, Apr 20, 2010.

1. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I recently purchased a flathead motor and C4 tranny off of the HAMB from a shop in Arkansas. The motor/tranny combo was shipped via Central Freight and arrived in Dallas Tuesday 4/6/2010. It was missing by Wednesday. I guess someone liked it more than me. I am out big $ and the only action I can take is to file a claim against Central Freight. If you can keep your eyes and ears open I would appreciate it. Nothing worse than a thief!!! If you know anything about this please call Skinny @ 512-970-1319. Thanks

2. Toner283

Toner283

I would say that if it was at their depot and you had not picked it up yet they are liable at minimum for the $$ value of the engine/trans if not the shipping too. unfortunately you may need to get a lawyer involved. Any kind of a BBB in your area?

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

shipping company theif?..
    cameras?

sounds like they have a problem to solve to make their customers and any new commers as cusomers happy or their name should be smattered all over the web, as to how insecure their trucking and docks are..

the other possibility is one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing and it got on another truck thinking it was something else..I'd be pushing them every free min. you have

4. 454navyss

454navyss

if they never dropped it off at your house they are 100% liable IMO

5. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

That sucks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Damn thieves suck!

7. Until you sign the Bill of Laiding (BOL) they still have it. And they are responsible for it, until it is delivered. End of story, until they can deliver it, file for Lost Freight. Hopefully it is just mislabeled and floating in their system.

Good luck

8. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

Central Freight did not seem to concerned. I called constantly. Now that I have filed a claim against them things should start happening as now the liability is on them and they will be out the money. I did ask about cameras, which driver picked it up and delivered it. I asked if they will investigate or just have their insurance pay up. The reply was that for this amount there will be an investigation. I called the Police in Dallas and they told me that even though I paid for this it was not on my property so I could not file a police report for the theft.(By the way CF put out an "all points bulliten" and cannot find at any of their other locations) This is frustrating as I have to put up with the crap of filing a claim, waiting for the $ and this is not even my mess. I am just the guy out the money.

9. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I did speak to a lawyer (thief with a license) and he suggested to just do the simple thing first and file the claim. No money involved. If no satisfaction sue the freight co.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ask them if they want to pay for your lawyer too..hahha i was typin that as you posted the above

good luck with this..keep us posted as to how this pans out

it would be wise for Central freight to pony up..the market is tight and companies dont like to deal with stolen shit from trucking companies.

if you get fucked, put it out there on the WWW.. youtubeyour own page, any freight ads..etc... dont let them think they can fuck you and not feel the repercussions

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  11. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

Not's like someone grabbed it & put in their trunk, it is heavy & require equipment & vehicle to move, sorta hard to lose as well .....suspicious :eek:

12. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

A Chevy pickup is missing down there as well. Is there a pattern with theft in Austin Tx?

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Find out who the president of Central Freight is, and call him every single day. Pester him until he has his unconcerned underlings get off the rears and take care of your loss

Don Orr is president and ceo

Central Freight Lines, Inc
    5601 W. Waco Dr.
    Waco, TX

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  14. cracker head

cracker head

Good luck with that. I hope you get your stuff back, but that company is fucked up, and the owner doesn't give a rats ass about you or any one else for that matter. The man that owns the company is Jerry Moyse not Don Orr.

15. spobanz

spobanz

Again, as others have said I am not a lawyer. But as I recall the magic words are "care, custody, and control". I think you at least deserve to be made whole on this transaction.

16. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

first of all , who was the shipper, your account or the person you bought it from??. I do a fair amount of shipping and from experience i can tell you that the person who did the shipping is the one that has to file the claim, they will not give you the time of day if you are not that person, second dont get excited yet, as i have had my stuff found in different parts of the country for no apparent reason, sitting at one of their freight docks because some dumb ass doesnt know the diff between dallas and detroit.also they are usually not very quick to pay up. What value was placed on it at shipping?? Start getting some replacement estimates in black and white., now.

17. big creep

big creep

fucken assholes!!!!!

18. like BobCatsRods said....what about th shipper?....just sayin...send me a PM with the shipper # and I'll stop in...Central is just down the street...

19. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

That sucks I will keep my ear to the ground. What type of flat head? Anything unusual about it? Check crag's list!

20. 454navyss

454navyss

21. 454navyss

454navyss

22. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Who hired the shipper? If the seller did, it looks to me that you bought something that never got delivered. You deserve a refund of the purchase.

23. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I was just at a seminar for veterans over 55 yesterday and the state AGs office was there. They said in a case like this file a complaint with the AG office, you would be suprised how fast things get moving when letterhead from their office arrives at the shipping office. This cost you nothing also get the shipping info and have the guy you bought it from file a claim.

Hope this works out for you. Thieves and liars have no place on this earth.

Pat

24. 454NavySS...sorry but these motors/guys have been posting these for awile...ad runs out after 30 days...

25. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Is'nt CF a broker ,,for shippers ?

26. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I plan on it. Just need the phone #. I will google for it. The claims manager says Central is only liabel for .50 cents on the pound. The freight bill was for 1000 lbs. That makes the claim $500 on a $6,700 motor. NOT ACCEPTABLE

27. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

Red block, Edelbrock intake and heads, three Stromberg 97's, chrome alternator and AC compressor, tube headers. RED RED RED. See an old post under flatheads that says "Flathead with C4 transmission" picture is posted in ad.

28. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

This is also on my list. A friend of mine works in the AG's office and I will call her today and see what kind of help I can get from them. This is one of the things that this office is set up for. Thanks!

29. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

The shipper...Rogers Hot Rod Shop" hired the shipper and signed all the paperwork. The first words out of Roger were " I sold it to you, not my problem" Well he will find out differently...

30. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

That seems odd to me. Although I always use a broker for my frieght shipping, I have been repeatedly qouted $5.00 a pound, not $0.50 a pound, and a couple of the engines that I have shipped were shipped via Central Freight. I have never added extra insurance (or even inquired about it) because the engines that I have sold have never sold for more than $2,700.00.