Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford 4 door + 1 saw=5 window & tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 15, 2010.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i finaly scored the parts to build a 32 ford 5window coupe . i have neen looking for a roached out 32 5 window to build a channeled and heavely chopped earily 50's hot rod out of . well i scored a free 5 window with no doors , good for parts. when i was at the charlotte auto fair i just picked up a 4 door sedan . now i have the pieces to put togehter a 5 window and i can cut it up with out feeling to bad . what makes this easier is than i got a set of 32 5 window coupe quarters from my dad . this will make it easier than using roadsters which have to be modifier to use. this is what oz40 used in his build. the other good thing with the sedan i used is i dont need the floor subrails . so now i have the complete good subrails with the rear doors and back bussel. now i am thinking brookville roadster cowl and doors and i would have a touring car or tub. two 32's out of one. here are some photos. i will keep you posted . now i just need to find a good running earily olds for the power.

Attached Files:

2. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Tubs are cool. Well, hot too. Well, they are whatever the weather happens to be, including wet... so closed cars are nice too. It sounds like a good plan.

Sounds like two cars with the tub being a cruiser - less motor, more comfortable? That way you would have a car for any weather.

3. greaser

greaser

I'm liking it! Always loved 5 windows.
    Good luck!

4. Whatta shame.

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Door is too short & window is too big , so far . I like fordoors so kind of sad to see another demise on a somewhat rare body style. It is yours to do what you like with though ,good luck it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

6. Kinky6

Kinky6

Nice use of the re-arranged tin. Will the rear quarter window have to be shortened to match the size of an origional coupe?

(Limey Steve) I like fordoors so kind of sad to see another demise on a somewhat rare body style. It is yours to do what you like with though, good luck it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Yeah, I know, I kind of like the fordors from that period; I've got a '34 Hupp 4 door that uses a '33 Ford sedan body. But, OTOH, most rodders value a coupe over a 4 door anyway, and his open tub should be cool, too. Whatta ya gonna do?

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  7. Like Steve said,,the door is not going to fit with out a lot of work,,

I too like fordoors and it is sad to cut it up,,but it's your car. HRP

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

I rarely go against anyones ideas, but if you really had alway's wanted a 5 window great. I personally would have made a sedan delivery out of it. It would have been more rare. Your project, good luck on making it your own.

9. ocfab

ocfab

what a shame to cut up a nice 4-door

10. skirtless33

skirtless33

I think i would look a little longer for parts

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

The only 32 I would have is a chopped four door with fenders, so add me to the its a shame group. But its your deal so if it makes ya happy, go for it.

12. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!....I saw that car in Charlotte last weekend and thought....that would make a neat family car....I never imagined I would see it in pieces less than a week later......good luck with your project(s).

13. Poor fordor....

:(

jh

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome! I have a pretty ruff 5W that I plan on making an early 50's Drag car out of. I think you are way ahead of me since you have some really nice sheet metal there as well as some quarters from your father. I think your coupe will be really cool.

Any idea on powerplant? What the vision?

15. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

So...what happened with this?
    "i wanted to find a body that didnt have a floor and was kinda ruff so i would not feel guilty for cutting up"?

taken from your free 32 5 window post-
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460380

I agree, a waste to cut up something nice.....

16. I hope you carefully followed all the fabrication that oz40 performed between the first post and the last post...

I don't know what your fab skills are, and genuinely wish you good luck, but I think it would have been safer to put the 4 door together, then sell or trade up into a buildable 5 window body.

Proportions are so critical on a 5 window. But seriously, good luck!

17. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Good luck and keep the pics coming:D

18. Anderson

Anderson

What do you guys mean it is too short? Is a 5-window door not the same as a fordor front door? A little sectioning of the sedan rear half will make it right. Isn't there someone else on the board who is doing the same thing already?? I swear there's a sedan to 5-window conversion here somewhere...oh, I guess if I'd read the whole post I'd see it was already mentioned.

I was ready to condemn this idea too, but after thinking it over, I don't see why not. I'd rather have a 5 window AND a tub than a 4-door sedan any day.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

OZ40 has all your answers!!!

20. rokcrln

rokcrln

Sounds good to me! I would leave it as a 5W sedan but short like you have it sitting in the pic with an exposed rear frame and diff. Also nice NOTCH I see.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

21. GARY?

GARY?

Boy you really did it this time:eek: I really like the 4doors, hate to see it cut up.

No turning back now:D:D

Good luck with the build, and keep the posts coming...

cheers, Gary

22. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

That was a nice 4 door before you got your hands on it. :(
    I'm not a fan of cutting up cars to make something else.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It WAS a nice 4dr but if all goes well who gives a shit about a 4dr when a 5w could be brought back from the depths of despair???? Some of us do not have an option. We could either sit back and never have our dream car or we can stand up and work towards it. I applaud your attempts.

24. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Hack it cut it do whatever the hell you want with it................

25. tracer55

tracer55
    from ohio

Hey I know this guy. The young man has talent way beyond his years. Just watch this thread and I guarentee you ain't seen nothing yet. Let the fabricating begin!

26. The HAMB is confusing. If you titled your thread "badass fordor '32 build", everyone would stomp your nuts because it's a fordor. I think you should make it into a Cadillac.

sko_ford likes this.
  27. TERPU

TERPU

I know it's your car, and I know opinions are like assholes. But my goodness I think you should have thought on that a while longer. I'll reserve the opinion of thinking you screwed up if you truly did. But who knows you might pull it off. I just know you wrecked a buildable four door Duece and that took either a great deal of confidence and skill or complete insanity. Pressures on now, prove us all wrong please.

Tim

28. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Kool and Bitchn!

Good luck!

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I hate to see a car wacked to pieces but if the end result works WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? I took a 2 dr and had it converted to a B400, it's being finished in WI and will fool most. I then took another 2 dr and had it converted to a delivery, looks original. I'm getting ready to take an original roadster and reshape the cowl like a 36, kick the rear and raise the wheel wells, and other things I haven't even thought of yet. Strike 3, I'm out! It's just tin and not the holy grail. Looking forward to seeing the build on here. NOW GET TO WORK!
    !

30. DeadFast 33

DeadFast 33
    from Santa Cruz

At first I bought this 4dr to use the cowl with a 5w back half that I knew of, well I decided to build the 4dr instead. Man am I happy with the way its turning out. I guess it doesn't hurt that Keith Tardel is building it.

FLIP

Attached Files: