Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help!! A fellow hamber and good friend is down and needs our help.HE GOT ROBBED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

a good friend of mine and nieghbor johnny kool kat customs 'johnnykck' shop got high jacked and robbed last week for every thing he owns EVERY THING
    the ass holes even put a customers car together and took that the only good news to this BAD story and pleed for ALL of our help is the basterds couldnt start his hot rod so they didnt take that
    thank god
    they took all his tools so he cant work they fn took every thing i mean they cleaned him out
    HE NEEDS OUR HELP
    thats were we come in any help would be apriciated
    money
    tools
    any help is a great deal of help
    any one can send money threw paypal to:
    [email protected].

or mail a check or send tools to
    kool kat customs
    645 horning st. unit n
    san jose cal

thanxs
    this post is a week late i do opoligize ive been and still an on the road
    ill start this off with a 50 dollar donation just to get it started

2. rgaller

rgaller

How much is his insurance covering?

3. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

OMG Johnny!!! Fuck!! Pm sent johnny!!! here's another 50$ that's all i can do right now, but more to come, promise!! Much love Johnny!!

Ian

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thats the bad thing
    NONE

5. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Here's another 50$ homie!!! I love you brother!! You'll get through this in time!! I wanna help in other ways, let me know brother!!

6. Big Nick

Big Nick

I cant do much now but I hope my $20 will help. I wish I had the extra tools to send. I'll see what I can do on that end also. That blows! Its something I always fear, there are too many yellow scumbags out there!

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

For those who don't know who Johnny is, he's the guy who built the Cadillac in this pic. And that's him in the black shirt. He had just finished his personal Hot Rod and he was so stoked on it !!:mad:

[​IMG]

8. This sucks. I'll pitch in a few bucks too.

What sort of tools, cars, parts were stolen so we can keep our eyes and ears on the lookout?

9. 61TBird

61TBird

That SUCKS!!
    What car was taken??

Hey Alex,looks like your shop is gonna be on Lock-Down for a while.
    The Bastards that hit Johnny,have probably been scoping your shop out too.
    Time to leave the dogs behind with some empty food bowls.....

10. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

Hey Alex and Ian, I did something similiar on Facebook... I am not the man in the know, but you guys are.... Maybe a benefit show or something for Johnny?? I dont know if we could tag onto an up and coming show for him or not? Let me know what you all think. I wanna help him out as much as I can...I think now it is just about getting the word out....

11. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I just had a new set of Snap-on wrenches drop shipped to the address above. Hope he can make use of them. Good luck on getting back on your feet Johnny.

-Bart

12. stovbolt

stovbolt

well if it's like my house insurance it don't cover much of any thing in the garage have'ta buy extra and for me it'd be like paying for all the tools again every ten years or so not a good thing to have to pay for tools and such over and over again!!

cept when this happens sheesh!!!

13. TMoney

TMoney

Shitty. Hope the scumbags get caught.

14. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

im unemployed at the moment,but ill drop a 20 when the funds trasnfer thru.its all i could do for the time beeing..= ( good luck johnny and god be with you.

15. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

That sucks! I'm unemployed at the moment and have no money, but I will be praying for you and that justice is served when they catch them dirtbags.

16. Bastards..........

17. This sucks. Is the insurance paying none because he didn't have any or are they trying to screw him?

18. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

He was changing insurance companies...The old one tripled thier price on him and as a small shop owner, he had to look at ways to cut cost. So there was a laspe in the policy coverage betwent the two policies or something. Many of the cars were customers project cars/motorcycles and they did not have insurance on thier own property either!

19. Big Nick

Big Nick

That really sucks, just a dude trying to make it by and he gets caught. That really sucks!

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Man... That really blows!:mad:

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Oh man, Johnny....this is the worst. I know I'm an hour and a half away, but you are welcome to use my shop and my tools as much as you need. My prayers go out for your situation homie. So lame!

22. Larry T

Larry T

So how many customer cars & bikes did they get? What do we need to be on the look out for?
    Larry T

23. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I know 2 bikes...and a few cars.... I am getting a list from him and will post it when I can. It was the VLV weekend, so I am afraid some of it has prob gone away already!!

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

Thanks guys so much for you willingness to help and Alex thanks you for starting this!
    I'll give you guys the run down of what happened and which vehicles are missing.
    As it turns out across the drive way from mine and Alex's shop there is a fence company that has a security system with two cameras and they got it all on DVD. These Fu**ers came with two cars on saturday night and busted into the shop next door to mine, which is vacant at the time and climbed the wall to get into my shop, once they got into my shop they disabled the alarm system and opened the rollup door from the inside. After that one of them drove up with a U-haul truck and backed the whole truck into my shop, they closed the rollup and went to work. After some thing like an hour the roll up opens and the truck leaves, during the time that the truck is gone they push a beautifull 1963 Buick Riviera out of the shop (which was up on jackstand and all the wheels with some of the suspension components were removed), and stage it around the corner where there is a little parking lot. Two hours after the truck left it comes back towing a flatbed type car trailer and they try to get the RIVI on the trailer but have all kinds of problems doing so and it takes the almost fourty minutes and five attempts to get it on the trailer, because I had taken all of the springs out since I was supposed to bag it so the Rivi was only a few inches off of the ground. Then as we keep watching the DVD I just about lose it when I see the fu88ing U-haul truck come back at 10:30am easter sunday morning and as it pulls up the rollup opens again and they just back right into my shop again for third time. I mean what the f**k? Three times? these guys where very sure of them selves that no body was going to be there, they must have known that Alex Gambino was in Vegas and probably thought that I was gonna be there also. But the good thing about that is that we have them on DVD in daylight and I pray that the cops or somebody can enhance the DVD enough to get the serial number off of the side of the U-haul truck and we can catch these bastards!!!
    Anyway this has got me pretty tore up, I didn't sleep for a couple of days and cried as if some body I knew had died. I mean I worked my ass of for six yaers to make this shop in to some thing and finally am getting some recognition and am staring to feel like all this work has paid of and some body comes and just wipes it all out in one night, I don't even know how to describe how it feels, it hurts. But enough of my whining, I'm sure you guys don't wanna hear it, so back to the facts.
    What got stolen? Pretty much every thing. Here's a short list. A 1963 Buick Riviera, completely stock, fairly new white paint and a rebuilt 425 cid Nailhaed in it, Customer car.
    My own Harley with a custom built 93" engine in it and every thing on it was custom, from fenders to pipes to seat and I don't have any insurance on it. I registered it non op a few months ago because of the winter season and was planning to repaint it and put it up for sell to finance some more equipment for my shop, the bike was worth twenty grand.
    Another customers Harley, a sporty which I had turned into a flat track race bike and there are just under $20000 just in high performance racing type parts on this bike, from a Storz inverted front end to loads of machine work. I had called the customer three weeks ago to and get insurance and registration for the bike so i can test ride it, but he had just broken his leg skiing and was stuck in bed so he couldn't do it.
    Next another customers bike, this guy is also a very good friend of mine. I was building him a custom Harley, it had a new aftermarket Panhead engine in it, a new transmission, new springer front end and some other nice stuff, but not a complete bike, so no insurance einther.
    On top of that they took every tool that I had, including compressor, welders, powertools, a vintage rollaway snap-on tool box from the 60's full of tools, anther roll away tool box full of electrical tools, they took all kinds of stuff from my office including little die-cast hotrods and other little collectibles, they found a cash box that I keep hidden behind a file cabinet and took $600 out of it, they took pretty much evey thing right down to the bathroom keys that were hanging on a hook on the wall.
    What didn't they take? A good friends Ironhead Sportster which was almost completely taken apart, another customers Evo Sporty which was on a bike lift and it looks like they cut the straps that hold the bike but couldn't figure out how to lower the lift so they left it. A customers 1950 plymouth which they messed with but could not get running, at least that's what we think because the battery was completly drained dead and the key was in the on position left in the ignition switch, this car belongs to a fellow HAMer, and as Alex said my hotrod which I just finished and hadn't even driven yet, except a few time up and down the driveway, thank god for that. But it looks as if they tried to start it also, because the driverside door was left open and they had messed with some of the wiring under the dash, but also could not get it running long enough to do anything with it because I have a hidden switch for the fuel pump. When I got it towed home that day I checked it out and found that the floatbowl was empty, as soon as I triggered the fuel bowl it fired right up. Thanks god for that. But they did kick a dent in the passenger side door and cracked the fresh paint job.

The reason why I don't have any insurance is because the company I was insured with was going to raise the monthly payments from $364 to $597 as of Januray 2010 so I cancelled the insurance and was looking for a new company but the ones I talked to did not want to insure a shop that had custom cars and bikes in it.
    So at this point I'm pretty much fu**ed and am not to sure what is going to happen, I do plan on reopening my shop, but I don't even have enough tools to do an oilchange right now, let alone do any kind of custom work.

I do appreciate all the help and offers to help that I have gotten from friends and in some cases from people that I hardly know, I makes me feel like I have real chance of getting my shop going a gain in a few months. As it turns out the hotrodding family is a lot bigger than I thought. Thanks again to every body who is helping and offering help.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  25. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Johnny, i feel sick to my stomach and so fucking angry. It looks like there's a great chance they'll get caught and hopefully get some of the stuff back. That's Grand theft right? are police working with you? Love you brother!! My heart goes out to you man!!

26. johnnykck

johnnykck

Yes the cops are working on it, but they also said that they are so underfunded because of budget cuts that it can take weeks before they get a detective to really start looking into it.
    Thanks Ian, I love you bro!!

27. OMG! so sorry dude. :( I can't even begin to think about what I would do. I really hope they catch them.

28. dude, I know it's rough to think about spending money. But hire a PI. Seriously.

29. johnnykck

johnnykck

If I had the money I would, I have though about that also. What ever money I do have I need to hold on to to get the shop going again and at this point it looks like I don't even have enough to do that.

30. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Wow... Sounds like someone knew you guys were going to be gone..This makes my bad luck ive had the last month seem G rated.. I hope for the best in this mess of a world.