Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project updates from Custom Auto

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Mar 27, 2010.

1. rexrogers

rexrogers

I know this is shameless promotion but we are off to agreat start for 2010.

The Custom Auto crew has gotten 2010 off to a great start. Red Lang's "Dead End Kids Dragster," owned by Dave Crouse, underwent some preservation work. This car along with preservation-in-progress the “King and Hansen Belly Tank,” owned by David Duthu, were both able to attend the Grand National Roadster Show.

We were fortunate to be involved in completing the restoration of the “Sorrell Manning Special” SR-100 owned by Dr Mark Brinker. Dave transported the car out to the Petersen Museum for their Fantasy in Fiberglass exhibit.

Congratulations to Gary and Diane Cerveny for the RM Auctions Trophy For the Best Open Car at the Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance. The “Norman Timbs Special” underwent a long journey from its initial build in 1947 to the completed restoration in 2010. It is great to know that a piece of our automotive history has been restored.

Ed Blais’ 1996 Factory prepped Porsche 993 was in the shop for some minor body work and a fresh coat of paint and is now ready for some track time. Early in March we hosted a Ron Covell metalshaping work shop at Custom Auto.

Eric Lammes’ 1951 Custom Chevy is well on its way to completion. The restoration of Chet Herbert’s “Beast III,” owned by Dr. Mark Brinker, will be making huge strides in progress in the upcoming months to ensure we do not miss our current deadline. The 1932 five-window that Ray Rodman has owned since he was sixteen is now nearing the paint shop.

We are also looking forward to getting a head start on a few other projects in the shop

I would like to say thank you to all the Custom Auto customers and jobbers for your continued support and the opportunity for us to build and work on your cherished vehicles.

We are currently working on upgrading our website and are planning to offer a quarterly newsletter to keep everyone up to date on the happenings at the shop.

I have attached a few pictures of some of the recent cars that we have finished this year. To view any of our past or current projects please check them out at www.realhotrods.com

Rex Rogers
    www.realhotrods.com
    Custom Auto
    1067 Des Moines Ave.
    Loveland, Colorado 80537
    (970) 669 - 6691

The Timbs Special

[​IMG]

The Sorrell Manning Special
    [​IMG]

Beast III Chet Herbert
    [​IMG]

The King and Hansen Belly Tank
    [​IMG]

2. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

The manning spl is nice,could use some throttle return springs thou.

3. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

WOW! Went to the site, great work and great pics!

4. Fogger

Fogger

Custom Auto is absolutely one of the best restoration shops. I am amazed at the quality of all their work. I look forward to the completion of the current projects.

5. rexrogers

rexrogers

were working on getting the website updated a little more often. actually getting out on the shop floor and working on them is easier to do.

Since we worked on the Sorrell car have been trying to find out some moreinfo on him and the projects he worked on. The Dead end Kids dragster is one of Sorrell's cars.

fur biscuit likes this.