Register now to get rid of these ads!

1946 studebaker truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROBERT JAM, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

How about some pic's of some done? Any body have one?

2. Dave50

Dave50

IDK what year it is but its cool as hell IMO

Attached Files:

3. My 46

Attached Files:

4. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Tinbender, what all has been done suspension, rear end, engine.I have a nice original one located.Its got me thinking. thanks

5. bstie

bstie

Here is mine not done but in progress...

Attached Files:

6. bstie

bstie

Tin bender great truck!

7. mramc1

mramc1

Here is mine. 1946, Camaro clip, AMC 258 six, Plymouth 8 3/4 rearend. Custom built box. Also Stude trailer I resurrected out of a junkyard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use it for a light duty truck in the summer months and as a daily driver when not driving my Model A. Actually drove it to work today for the first time this spring.

Josh Quick
    Quick Speed Shop

8. Buy it! Great trucks, and kinda rare. I originally clipped & boxed the frame. Ran a 350/350 with a 10 bolt. The clip worked (77 nova) fine until I channeled the truck 4". The clip was a little wide going that low, and I had to run too small of tires. I then modified a G body frame for it, and also picked up an S10 frame. The truck is torn down right now for a mild chop (1&1/2") and I haven't decided what frame to go with. I also picked up a low mile 440 mopar and 727. The truck may see the street again this summer, just depends on how my 33 project goes.

9. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Tinbender,Do you think a mustang 11 would work on the front with a stock frame boxed?I have a little dodge hemi 241 that I would like to use.

10. M2 should work fine. The stock frame is plenty strong. You'll have to flip the rear to the top of the springs and C the frame if you want it low (the main reason I boxed mine). I was running a stout small block and boxing made a noticeable difference.

11. 48stude

48stude

Here is mine along side of my buddies 46. Bill

Attached Files:

12. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Thanks this little truck has got me.I think I will have to shoot the guy an offer he cant refuse!!

13. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

[​IMG]

Still lookin' good mi amigo!

14. Those trucks are so ugly they are cool....I want one!

15. Ramblur

Ramblur

16. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Here's one I built a few years back.
    [​IMG]

17. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Love those M-series Stude trucks...

18. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

NICE any more out there.The restored ones are nice,makes you think on wich way to go.

19. We are doing one now and we are going with a Scott Danforth "K" member as it use all S series trucks and G body front steering components. Much more avaliable them MII and cheaper! We have a SBC but would like to find a V-8 stude to power it.

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Here is one I saw at the big car show in Ottawa, KS last fall. Check out the engine. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I thought about a flathead.Vintage engine for vintage truck

22. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

yahoooo! I bought the 46 today! I think it's a good one, runs like it should.Going to need abumper and running boards

23. bstie

bstie

Congrats and welcome to the family! Origional runnning boards are hard to come by as are most body parts. There are company's out there making fiberglass replacements same with fenders. Post up pic's and let me know if I can help with anything.

24. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I'll get some pic's on here soon.Thanks bstie for the offer for help.Looks like a lot of those trucks have the running boards removed.Maybe some one has them laying around.This is going to be fun.

25. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Heres the 46 what do you think?

26. Cider Junkie

Cider Junkie
    from UK

Here's a couple of my old '47...................................

Attached Files:

27. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

What have you done to yours Cider Junkie?

28. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Nice truck! I dig it.

My first step into the Stude truck world was with a 46 m16 w/a big flat bed that I wanted to use around my property. It came with a bunch of extra parts and since the purchase I have aquired two more cabs and a trailer made from an m5 bed. So w/o having a pickup frame to start with I will put 1 set of the sheet metal on an s10. I have located a front and rear axle out of a mid 80' p30 step van that I might put under the big truck. You have a great start with your truck - congrats on the find.

Attached Files:

29. bstie

bstie

I see that's the ultra rare 1946 stubaker just kidding she looks like a driver!

And I see running boards on there don't go bidding up the ones I'm trying to get on epay!

30. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Its a good one just a little fender repair and floor boards.I found a rear fender I need on here over the weekend.It runs great I will drive it that way this summer.Then---------------who knows!Thanks for all the comments.I suprised how many hambers have these