Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Broiler Sweetheart Cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsterpu, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Just got back from the Sweethear cruise at the broiler. It was a great even with a pretty good showing. Here are a few of the cars I liked.

The best car of the show
    [​IMG]

Bad Bob graced us with his presence
    [​IMG]

Cruzr and 32 Gal was also there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am here to say that I am one of the few that has seen Cyclone Kevin drive a hot rod. And here it is. He has proven us all wrong he does own a hot rod.
    [​IMG]

I love this Loncoln. It is the prefect mild custom. Done very well and a great look.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics! Thanks.

3. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Nice pics looks like a good time thanks.

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Paul, Please notice that the Red 29 Roadster with the WW's that was our picture car along with yours and others bears a slight resemblance to the 34 roadster that I possess :).
    It belongs to my pal Oscar who is Bill Burke's brother in law and ran the lakes and salt from the early 60's till the late 70's. We built the 29 back in the 80's after selling his Burke,Salvatti & Catania 29 "Old Yeller" salt racer to Mark Brislawn by way of Bruce Giesler. That car is now also red and sports WW's with a flatty. and is owned by pat and David Brost of Portland OR.
    We built my 1st 34 @ his house back around the same time and we built a few more including the purple 34 roadster over the past 3 decades. It took a while to talk him into the Denman ribs and the Lester rears.like I run on my 34,but one day we were looking for change (The 29 sported Americans and Deitz headlites on shock mounted brackets, I never liked that look). That car is a gennie steel body on a gennie deuce chassis. Chassis work was done a by a guy named Tom Cullen who used to have a shop across from (Cal) Tanaka Auto Kraft in Arcadia.

This car is the 1st that I ever got the chance to build without any creative limitations. It's morphed over the years like many rods do. I'm glad that I got to have a hand in the build.
    The 34 is what happens when one goes to work in the Rod industry and gets bit the bug and the business owner gets a divorce :(. I had a connection to it since it's inception and it too morphed from what was supposed to be a Oakland contender all hi tech much like the Mc Namarra roadster to my version of a hot rod.
    I used to drive the wheels off of it, I since have concentrated my time @ the Broiler so I feel sorry for the cosmetic abuse that I tried to avoid, but she still feels great when we're in her and it's only paint. Thank you Paul fpr posting the pics.