Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ed Dell's '36 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. the-rodster

the-rodster

IMHO, the most beautiful car that Ford ever produced.

I WILL own one someday.

Rich

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

36 fords are my all time favorite, , , just such an absolutely PERFECT design.

4. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

GREAT car! Thanks for posting this. '36 roadsters are about as good as it gets.

I think we're talking about "stanchions" here, right? Auto-spell-check strikes again! :)

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

hahaha... thanks dude.

6. froghawk

froghawk

Thanks for sharing this, Ryan! What a great looking car! As a great custom should it improves just enough on the original. Perfect chop and the profile on that top is beautiful!

What are those wheelcovers from? They're pretty low key, but still look perfect for the late '50s.

7. MeanOlB

MeanOlB
    BANNED
    from The South

There are sanctions on roadsters?

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love '36's and they are by far my favorite customs.... I love '35's done as Hot ROds though for obvious reasons. But when it comes to customs the '36 has it by far and the roadster at the top even more so then 3 windows I think.

I really like the '41 Buick gauges. I was not sure if they screwed around with gauges in cars like this unless it was for a full set of SW's. I plan on running '53 Desoto's in my '35 just to give the interior a bit of pop. Love the interior on this thing....the steering wheel is not a choice I would have made but I love that he did!!!

9. L.A-Bar

L.A-Bar
    from Florida

Eddie's uncle, Johnny Friebert, a body man at a College Park, Md. Ford dealership, built the car back in '57 and '58.

10. radio_king

radio_king

That is one beautiful `36!Thanks for posting!!

11. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

A very nicely done custom. Thanks for sharing !

Doug

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats one of the modified cars that is done with so much restraint that the mods don't jump out at you.. You almost have to look for them..

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Ryan, your killing me.........................very nice !

14. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

That car is really beautiful. About the only thing I would change is to switch to solid hood sides.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

In my mind the '36 is probably the only car that gives the '39-'40 a run for most beautiful body ever. Just to clear this up I'm refering to CAR body:cool:

Frank

16. bonesy

bonesy

Man that car has a perfect profile.

17. silverdome

silverdome

I've always been a fan of the '36 Ford coupes. The lines are just right. I remember a model of one that I built when I was a kid and I just always liked it.

18. Nice car.
    Would personally prefer a chopped '36 3 window though..

19. nutajunka

nutajunka

Those old pictures are of a nice car and a simpler time.

20. Tell you what; I'm pretty fond of Ford customs and hot rods from '24 all the way to '40. That was a darn good run. Thanks for sharing the '36

21. Yeeehaaa........more inspiration!.I gotta get back in the shed!

22. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

You did hear that Ford recalled all '36 Ford roadsters didn't you, they all have to be returned back to the US ASP...................

23. Here's a few that belong to friends of mine........

Mikes (my favorite)
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Lake Area Roadsters Reliability Run in the Black Hills 2009</td></tr></table>
    Ricks
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2008 Vintiques Rod Run in Watertown, SD</td></tr></table>
    Randys
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2008 Vintiques Rod Run in Watertown, SD</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. tltony

tltony
    from El Cajon

Here's mine. I built it in 89

Attached Files:

25. Here's my favorite...
    [​IMG]

26. They would be perfect with a hard top.....
    [​IMG]

27. Yes, and all are being confiscated to a certain warehouse here in the Pacific
    Northwest!

Have to agree, tis the most beautiful roadster Ford made, followed very closely by the '33-34 models. (But then, I'm biased....)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  28. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm one of them dam deuce roadster bigots, but any one of the 3 roadsters Jerry showed above could find a special spot in my garage! The one without bumpers marked Ricks starts my motor the quickest.

29. Gary, you and I want to be the "Ford V-8 Fleet Collectors", wanting one of everything from '32 to '40, with the Deuces out front! Well a guy can dream at least! :D

30. turbodickie

turbodickie

I bought this roadster from someone in College Park,Md in 1962 for $575 and took it to Warrenton,Va. I sold it to a man from Newport News, Va. for $675. It eventually went to a museum in Florida and then I lost track of it. I have many color photos of this car from 1962 if anyone is interested I will email them. 757-615-1570 for more info. When I got it the car had a flathead engine and was pretty much as originally built. It had 6 inch lowering shackles in the rear but I raised it up some. [email protected]