Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some pics from Arizona... barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick Flores, Feb 7, 2010.

?

Should I keep posting pics like these?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2010.
  1. Keep 'em comin!

96.1%
  2. Keep 'em to yourself kid!

3.9%
  1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Took a trip out to investigate a "barn find" of HD parts in Gila County and took some extra time on the way back to take some pictures. Some of these are things found laying around my friends property, some from the road. These are a few of the shots I thought you guys might enjoy.

*update* I found some more cool stuff and thought I'd share these as well. I get to travel all over the SW and if you guys would like, I'll update new finds from time to time.

*update* Aug. 19th 2010... check page 4 for the latest additions...

*update numero three* April 28th 2012.... check page 5 for pics of 30 plus heaps being used for flood control in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

3. Looks like you're snowed in deep, I can't see shit

4. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

sorry... carbon based error

Attached Files:

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

more and more and more....

Attached Files:

6. i wanna see the hd bits tooo!!

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

more still...

Attached Files:

8. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Here's a couple... The trailer lookin thing behind the shed is filled with milk crates which are jammed full of parts. Enough to build many bikes. He also has a 50-something GMC school bus in the same condition. I'm sorry that there aren't more pics of the HD stuff but I took these before the old man woke up. After coffee and breakfast there was no time for pictures, it was parts diggin' time!

Attached Files:

9. freebird101

freebird101

10. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

You got new or old HD?

11. kookee

kookee

Wow! Some interesting things! Never seen a plymouth cap like the one you held up. Some nice rides with potential! 28/9 Ford pickup is something that really gets my gears turning. Not sure why, always has.

Thanks for sharing!

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

The black HD looked like a pan bottom and shovel top.:D Oops sorry, car board.:D

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

You're right lippy.. '57.

14. busch

busch

Nick them are some cool pics keep them coming

15. JaBoney

JaBoney

Dat be some fine lookin "rust"!

16. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

That old tanker is cool!

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I thought so too. That one is sitting in Miami Az. Copper country and home to some of the largest mining operations in the world. The area has a history dating back to the mid 1800's, which is about as old as you can get for towns in these parts. The owner of that little green pick-up and the fire trucks also owns the first fire truck the town ever purchased. Its cool that the residents are preserving the heritage of their towns and including cars and trucks. I learned alot in during my short little trip by simply asking folks about the history of the cars, instead of expressing my lust call a fleet of wreckers to haul them home. It was much more fun to hear the stroies these folks had to tell then getting the the cold shoulder you might expect from asking if they'd like to sell it. If you've never had the opportunity to travel the backroads of Arizona I would definaltely suggest it. These pictures were taken in about four hours traveling around 100 miles. A trip with more time alloted for exploring will certainly yeild many more great finds and who knows what special and unique vehicles could be found. I'm glad you guy are enjoying my photos. I posted all the car/bike pics that were worth looking at, i'll certainly post more after I take my next backroad adventure.
    Nick

18. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

so whats being done with them?..is it the same old story of " i am going to restore all of them some day " or you have a lead on a few things?..or just a no go.

19. nln6pinto

nln6pinto

Nick, thanks for posting those. I lived in Globe while in High school and recently went up for the day with a buddy who had family up there. We drove all over Globe/Maimi and Claypool looking at the buildings and cars in yards.

20. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

That there is one of them late '65 - 68 pan bottom end shovel top end motors , came like that from the factory , you was right!!

21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

The owner of the early fords and fire trucks drives them. He keeps them at his cantina as an attraction. I wasn't able to find any info on the cars behind the fence. You'll find alot of car related antiques in these small towns and some of it will end up shiny and sold off to tourists and some will be left to rot while attracting guys like us like to a free beer giveaway. Probably the same story about thousands of heaps in hundreds of towns everywhere. The HD stuff that started this whole trip is a life-long collection that mirrors some of our car part collections, we'll be heading back to expand our personal two-wheeled parts stash in coming weeks.

22. That's some cool looking shit, thanks for sharing.

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the shots. I wish I had some more to share with ya!

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Your right about taking a more relaxed approach to car hunting. If you just jump out of your car when you spot someting and start quizing the owner about buying they will often clam up and you get the cold shoulder. Acting a little more aloof and talking like your a tourist with only a passing interest will get you more positive results. If a car is really for sale and you don't ask if it is usually the owner will ask if you know of someone who might be interested.

Frank

25. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

I'LL TAKE IT!!!! DAMN! This isnt a for sale thread! Cool stuff!

26. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That 35 Pontiac suicide doored coupe is a pretty car but no wood, OUCH.

The Plymouth hubcap is an early aftermarket replacement cap for 40s Plymouths, no name and ship is similar but not right, also chromed steel, originals are stainless.

Is that a painted Spartan trailer in the alley by the bus?

27. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Ill take the just "Arizona Oil" Door, .....thank you very much!

28. Looks like an 'Ultra Van'. It's Corvair powered!

Steve

29. koth

koth

I liked seeing the HD parts. Just since I had a '56 model with a shovel top end. It that black one with the pan/shovel is in a '57 straight leg frame, that is one rare piece! Not to mention it has the late model disc brake on the front and the stock mechanical on the back! Drool.....

30. bobjob55

bobjob55

i love those old cars .. and i love the fact that these cars can sit for so long and not rust away to nothing..