Register now to get rid of these ads!

Abandoned car pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I found this car a while back in a abandoned scrap yard , went back to get some stuff off of it , and the county sent some equipment and covered all of it , guess I was a day late , show some of the abandoned stuff you guys found , I remember a thread of some cars lining the river bank and things like that , if you got them show them , I love that kind of stuff , thanks !

2. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

oops , here's the pic.

Attached Files:

3. what was it? I'm a sucker for basket cases, but even I know that one's done!

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Creek bank. Pontiac? Chevy? [​IMG]

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

A little Bondo

6. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Hammer and dolly!!!

7. dmw56

dmw56

8. That Edsel grill would be hanging on my wall...

9. silversink

silversink

All these ar wiyhin 5 miles of the city center of Portland Oregon. HPIM0400.JPG

HPIM0399.JPG

HPIM0398.JPG

user55480_pic35342_1230181973_thumb.jpg

10. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Best I can tell , its a 46-48 Ford Coupe, anyone else got a guess?

11. That's to bad hopefully some of these cars will be hot rods eventually.

12. bct

bct

[​IMG]

and old chevy truck on the way to an abandon mill site

13. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

how can you tell what it is? , man I thought that pic I posted was a real gone car , you beat me!!!...lol

14. essexrat

essexrat

Here are a couple pics I took last fall in Ontario Canada...Hopefully this summer, I can do some scavenging...

Attached Files:

15. fitzee

fitzee

I have hundreds of pictures like this.We spend our springs and falls look for this stuff.I take a lot of pictures and here are just a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. fitzee

fitzee

17. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I'm always curious whose land you were on when you stumbled on these "abandoned" cars.
    I was working on a rooftop one time, and watched someone on the ground pick up my drill. When he saw me watching, he said he didn't know who it belonged to. I told him he knew it didn't belong to himself.

18. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

19. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Taking a part off of a car that doesn't belong to you is theft.

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Myself and Fitz are always on the lookout for abandoned stuff. The woods here is so thick that you can go back to the same trails several times and always find something you missed before.
    I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can get some stuff we had to leave just after Christmas!
    It IS a race though as the city is growing fast and taking over the outlying areas where stuff was abandoned years ago.

The last actual car we pulled apart was a 39 Ford Fordor. It was left in the woods in 1950 and only the engine and hood was missing.
    It was rusted to the point it could be taken apart by hand.
    About 6 weeks or so ago we went out to scrap it down.
    I got the pedals, some inner door handles and the banjo wheel...couple of other odds and ends. We pulled the front axle for our friend Monty.

I was told last week that the car is now gone and destroyed...buried under the crush of urban expansion.
    If you see something thats TRULY abandoned on public land you need to get it while you can.
    If its on private land inquire with the owner on what the plans are for it.
    You might get lucky!
    The days are numbered for this stuff......

21. We bought this one owner 34 at a farm auction and sold it 2 years later when someone needed it more than we did.

Attached Files:

22. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

To the guys saying not to take something that doesn't belong to you...you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

In that respect, around here we're surrounded by "crown land" that has been government owned since day one. If you wanted you can go to the "Dept of Crown lands" (or something like that) and apply for a grant for farming and such and if you clear the land and plant on it in a certain amount of time you get to lease the land as your own.
    Real Estate developers can also get land to develop by going to the same place.
    Easily 80% of Nfld is still Crown land.
    The cars we look for are on those large tracts of land...often just dumped along trails that were used for private citizens to cut free firewood back in the day.
    As an Off road enthusiast, I've even been involved with the local 4x4 club helping to pull abandoned wrecks out of the woods FOR the Government Parks Dept to help open new walking trails etc. Nobody wants them left lying around anyway.

There are a lot of cars etc that we'd love to get parts from that ARE on private land so they ARE strictly off limits!
    EG: I've been trying to get some parts from an F1 pickup for almost 3 years. It lies abandoned along side a farmers fallow field, but haven't been able to get hold of the owner in 4 attempts. It still lies undisturbed and thats the way it will stay!

IN NO WAY should a post like this be used as an excuse to rob people!!!!

You must remember though that different parts of the world have different ways of doing things...and in our case it works out pretty good for scavanging as we have the open land.
    Thats NOT the case in many places, so tread carefully and stay on the right side of the Law.

23. trad27

trad27

Here is one I found. A '60 Olds? still has the moter, been thinking about pulling it and wenching it out of the revine. Every body thinks I am crazy.[​IMG][​IMG]

24. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

That would make a great ramp truck.

25. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

this is great , keep 'em coming!!

26. And if it is on private land, best bet is to pick the spot out from the air using the various sattelite photo sites on the net, get a decent map of it, then go to the town it's in and see if you can look at the tax maps to find the location and find out who owns it, then contact that person.

I need to do that with a '51 Merc and a Henry J that I know sit abandoned way away from any road.

27. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

My dad and I caught somebody in our field releaving a couple of our "abandoned" tractors of their carbs, and mags (or dizzies).... He met the buisness end of a 140lb Rott... fire arms where not needed...

There is an "abandoned" farm sted (not abandoned since it is owned by some one still) that we have been going to to help the owner clean up, at one time there were over 5 cars, and about 30 tractors... The drug addicts in the town just started to pick the place over when he took us out there. There were quite a few old Fords out there too at one time which seemed to have disapeared with out the owner knowing... I'll have to post some of the things we've found out there..

When we first went there you could not drive a truck or tractor through the place... There was a black smith shop, two barns full of stuff, 5 or 6 small buildings, all the corn bins and cars were full of stuff too... The pictures I have don't even skratch the surface... I'll try and get them up tomorow..

28. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

[​IMG]

still there (as of a year ago)

29. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Too bad the owner of these doesn't like old Vettes.

[​IMG]

30. not abandoned, but definately derelict

Attached Files: