Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blown away at Russo and Steele in Scottsdale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Well . Just got back in . One of the large main tents blew down in the high winds and rain storms that are currently pummelling the Phoenix area. They had closed the tent closest to the 101 about an hour before it got dark. This was the tent sheltering todays auction cars . In the tent of several hundred cars were Zocchis 63 Starfire custom , a mostly original 62 Catalina Tin indian earll superstocker amongst several others, the Bingham 32 Ford coupe, amongst several others including Dan woods " Milk Truck ". Once the tent went down the sherriff shut down the entire auction and every one was quickly told to leave the site. As I left The remaining tents appeared to be OK. I was able to watch for a while as a significant number of emergency equipment and personel was brought in to help with the situation. Just as I pulled into the driveway at the brother in laws house in Mesa the radio announced a second tent went down. I'm unsure of which one it was but I suspect it was the tent holding the remaining cars. Which included my Facel as well as Winfield's "Maybeline ", several high dollar resto mods from several notable builders. Anyone have any other info on whats going on there???

Warm up insurance company your going in .

Hopefully we can use this thread for those of us who are involved with this difficulty can link together and help each other through this .

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Wow, sounds bad. Hope not too many cars were damaged too badly.

3. jpm49c

jpm49c

A LOT of cars got damaged. With the wind at 40 to 60 miles per hour the tents and the huge poles are beating on the cars. Police and fire will not let anyone get near the cars! It's pouring rain on all the cars left out in the cold. It's going to be bad! John

4. jpm49c

jpm49c

What makes it worse is the grounds are mostly dirt and some gravel, where Barrett Jackson is mostly asphalt. I think the dirt just couldn't hold the stakes in the ground at Russo. Just hope no one else got hurt. I heard one preson had minor injurys.

5. rottenrod

rottenrod

wow i hope your car is alright

6. Weasel

Weasel

Heard this during the broadcast of the B-J circus. I hope the damage is minimal and, above all, that people are safe. I cancelled my planned 4 day trip due to the weather forecast.

7. Hotrodladycruiser was to be there hopes her and everybody else is OK,I just got back to Tucson whata mess 3.5 hrs to get home,and Ive lost about 10% of my southside roof shingles so far............so Az guys batton down the hatches

8. Nik

Nik

That's terrible news, hopefully your car is o.k..

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

One of tents at R&S actually ended up on the 101 therfore closing the freeway. My heart goes out to the folks who's cars got/are getting, damaged. :(

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Just got done watching the news,the 101 where the tent ended up is still closed and will be for several hours they said clean up crews are trying to clean up debris and they will try to report damage tomorrow morning as no one is being allowed into the area.The wind here was really howling over here on the NW side of town and we got the largest amount of the rain,the storm has moved to the east as of now.Interstate 40 is closed and I-17 20miles North of Phoenix is closed,Sky harbor airport has cancelled all takeoffs and landings.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like the insurance companies are going to love this one.:rolleyes::mad:

Frank

12. This is going to be a difficult time for all involved. It appears that damage to the cars will be extensive and numerous. Things will work out if we all realize we are in this together and need to work together for the best interest of all. Several of us will be meeting early tomorrow to see what is up and if the site will be cleared for access.

13. Weasel

Weasel

Good luck with your meeting and working together should help if you present a united front to insurance companies.

14. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I was watching that and felt sick when I saw some of the pics on the news. Just sad

15. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

This hurts, I've only seen your Facel Vega in photos and the thought of it getting hurt like this along with other cars is upsetting. Hope all goes well.

17. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Any updates yet this morning on damage estimates?

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

That just makes me sick.

19. Ive been watchin the local news and they havent even let the car owners in yet.It sucks seeing the cars sittin in the rain and cars with the tops down and poles laying on cars sad to see.........these guys are mostly just like all of us just some might have a stellar dunn & Bradstreet (lool it up),I still feel bad for the owners seeing all the damage.glad everybody got out,I was up there when tis started and tried to drive home in it.It was a serious wind/rain storm

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  20. News report from TV this morning

CLICK

Very sad

21. Here's a little more from this morning....

<object height="288" width="470">

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.azfamily.com/v/?i=82364787" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" height="288" width="470"></object>

22. Enjoy the the show and thats a class move on the photos...........

23. Weasel

Weasel

Yeah there is always going to be some jealous little fuck from the 'entitlement generation' whining about people who have more than they have, even if they have worked damn hard their entire lives to get where they are.

This is just so horribly sad and the point made on one newscast was about the people who have just bought cars at auction and already paid for them as the new legal owner - do they have insurance cover on their new toys to the full value of what they just paid?

Just think how you would feel if you were one of the victims - buyer or seller. Nobody wins from a situation like this.

24. A Boner

A Boner

Yeah, sometimes Mother Nature is a real BITCH.

25. Toner283

Toner283

Glad everybody is OK & I hope the insurance companies don't find a loophole to avoid paying compensation. I know for myself, $$ would not make up for the heartbreak of having my car damaged/destroyed.

26. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks glenn , My thoughts exactly... that is some bad stuff , I can't even imagine the thought of having a car in there

27. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

It's been heart breaking watching the local news here and seeing the damage to the cars. There is a lot of damage around town as well with downed trees, etc... It's a mess here in AZ this week but the whole thing should clear out by Sat afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to go hit Pavillions this weekend in the A.

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

Man just watched the news clips......all those cars sitting with tops down and windows open, let alone the ones that got damaged by stuff hitting them. Hope insurance covers it because it looks like a LOT of interiors got ruined to say the least.

29. John Denich

John Denich

I would not want to be the guy that they hired to put up those tents!!!!

30. Weasel

Weasel

It's not the tent company's fault, but it does beg the question as to whether insurance will cover what may be seen as an 'Act of God' or 'Act of nature'. I think there is going to be plenty of legal activity...