Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sold my T and bought the wife a present.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wensum Valley Rods, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Like the title says, I bought my good wife a present in the summer and had to sell my T roadster to finance it. I think its worked out pretty good though.
    Its a 37 Dodge business coupe, all stock, looks everybit as good in real life as it does in the pics and runs great. The steering is a bit sketchy at the moment, but with some tracking adjustments and a bit off tweaking I'm sure it will be fine.
    Apparently its been a fire department car since 1944, going by the ash thats accumilated under the fenders I have no reason to doubt it.

Its going to be her daily driver throughout the summer, and we already have another european run on the cards .

Attached Files:

2. what a thoughtfull man she has

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's awesome!! I was supposed to sell my T when I got my Red '35 Ford but for some reason it's still here. I am hoping to sell it for a pool which I think will make her happy but who knows???

I love that coupe man, and your wife is going to have a great time in that car. Any plans besides driving the shit out of it?

4. nutajunka

nutajunka

Carry on "O" chap...;)

5. 41 C28

41 C28

Nice Dodge . If I'm not mistaken I know that car, Looks like one that a guy in our car club in Middletown, Ohio U.S.A. formerly owned, he is deceased now. I don't believe it was a real fire department vehicle. We have a "Poasttown" in our area and we always discussed the logo being spelled wrong. Still I love old Mopars.

6. thats a nice car. hope your wife lets you drive it.

7. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

41 C28 Thats pretty interesting, the guy I bought it from thought it may have been an old fire car but had no proof. He lives in NJ. I would love to find out if it is maybe the car from your club. Its a great shame to hear of its maybe previous owners passing.
    Rest assured its in good hands though, its going to get treated well, definately not rodded (I like life too much :)) apart from maybe some lowering blocks at the rear, oh and driven regularly off course.

Heres some more pics of it behind my daily truck and while still in the container.

Paul.

Attached Files:

8. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Really nice car, I love it! I have a '38 Dodge (pretty much the same thing). You don't see many of these around.

[​IMG]

9. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

"Yeah, I bought it for the wife, yeah...that's it...that's the ticket!"
    Just joking around. VERY nice car.

10. 41 C28

41 C28

Let me do some checking, maybe I can find some old photos of it. I see the former owner's son occasionally maybe he knows the history of the car. The son is a military vehicle collector. I had a 37 Plymouth coupe years age. Wish I still had it.

11. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Very nice... You made a good deal... Is your wife happy with the Dodge? Mine would love it....Lucky gal....

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The wife just had to have a '37 2dr. I found so I told her "figure out a way to pay for it and it's yours". She did and it is.:) Most of the time we use it she tells me to drive so you can say "win/win".

Frank

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

"Bought the wife a present"...uh huh...did you also get her a complete set of Snap-On tools for her birthday?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I feel your pain - I sold my T Bucket 11 months ago because of my job was shakey. But by May things picked up and my wife talked me into buying a '50 shoebox. But I still miss that T!

Attached Files:

15. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice car and your daily truck aint too dusty either. You guys across the pond never cease to amaze me with your cool rides and great enthusiasm . Best of luck with it.

16. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Wow, and I thought my old Dodge was clean. Good for you and your wife! Mine is bone stock as well, and is a blast to drive(a very slow bast, but a blast none the less)!

Attached Files:

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that Dodge coupe looks to be in very good nick!

Dustin, that is a lovely sedan you have there!

18. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Lol, thanks Bob!

19. belair

belair

did she buy you a washing machine? nice car.

20. choke

choke

Sold My bucket T to by my wife's wedding ring. Sad day on two counts!!!!

21. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

did she buy you a dress and a pair of shoes to go with it? kidding aside its a great looking car.

22. kisam

kisam

Love it! Tell your wife she needs to join "Ladies of the Hamb" community group!

23. Vegas_Cleaver

Vegas_Cleaver

the car looks sweet paul

24. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Thanks for all the comments guys, some off which crack me up :)

Tbh Beverly is well into the car/rod and bike scene really. She rode Triumphs (still has them) as dailys for 16 years before she met me, she then took her driving test and has had quite an array of classics and rods since then.
    They include , several morris minors, a model A pheaton, a model A delivery (both glass bodied rods though), a stock 49 Ford V8 Pilot (still has it), a 56 chevy 4 door mild custom, and now the Dodge.

41 C28, that would be great if you could do some digging and it turned out to be the same car. Thanks for that.

Larry, LOL ...no need to make excuses here about the snap on tools, she's not afraid to get her hands dirty either and besides when she has cars like that I don't mind working on them anyway :)

Buford, Thanks for the comments, there is some real nice stuff this side of the pond. The truck is a 51 F3 , it now runs a 351/fmx box and goes everywhere. One day I'll get some pics up off the rest of the stuff in my shop.

Dustin that 38 is looking pretty damn neat, what are you running in it ?

Kisam I will try to get Beverly to join up , but she doesn't do the forum thing really. We'll see.

Hey Doug, yep its a real beauty, I,m now going to have a crack at the tracking and adjust the steering box then all it leaves is driving it ..........lol.

Thanks guys Paul.

25. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

41 C28 , Don you have a pm mate. Many thanks Paul.

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice one. that will score you some points..

27. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Still love your paint job man!!!