Register now to get rid of these ads!

Identify this Larry Watson car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Does anybody have any information or more photos of the two tone purple 1954 Buick in the bottom right of this picture at Larry Watson's shop? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 54.jpg
      54.jpg
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Rikster

Rikster

Searched for info, or more photos... but I cant find any right now...
    sorry

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's a book called Kustomland that has a LOT of Watson's early stuff in it including a few in that photo, but I don't think that car is there. I'll look tonight.

4. chop32

chop32

I have (had?) a book from the late '70's or early '80's called Grease Machines that had a lot of Watson painted cars in it. Im not sure if this particular car was in the book, but its been a long time since Ive looked at it, so it might be worth a shot.
    I cant find my copy, but maybe someone else can check theirs out for you.

5. Rikster

Rikster

Its not in either one of these books.

6. Thanks for your help guys. I have the Kustomland book and the above photo is the only one of it in the book. Thanks chop32. I will try to search for that book.
    Is this the same car? Its a Watson painted '54 that I found on Rikster's page.

Attached Files:

7. Rikster

Rikster

Dont think it is the same car... this is the Kandy Kane 1955 Buick.

[​IMG]

In this photo the red and flamed Buick on the left row looks to be a 54... But its a small photo and I have no idea if this is or is not the same car as you are looking for.

[​IMG]

Here is a larger scan of the car you are looking for more info.

[​IMG]

8. Rikster, they have similar paint jobs but the picture I posted has a 54 grill, front and rear bumpers, head light rings, quarter panels and tail lights. I believe it just got placed in the wrong file due to the similar paint treatment.

9. I dont know but I would love to have a poster of that

10. I think we all would.

11. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Another interesting thing I have noticed about that shot are the two very similar purple T-Birds. The one on the right is Watson's, I think. You can just see the bumper bullet showing. The other car looks like a copy of the style, but still different. I don't think I have ever seen this other T-bird in any other photos.

12. hey, why not ask Larry Watson..?????

13. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

+1, does anyone know of any other Thunderbirds that Larry Watson had customized? (you can see another square bird in the back of the picture).

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

14. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

The T-Bird in the back looks a bit like the one George Barris did for his wife, Shirley.
    It was called the Ultra-Bird and was really pretty car.

15. Was kind of thinking that, myself!!-MIKE

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Good idea!

I think both of those T-Birds are in "Kustomland". They are slightly different and have 2 different owners. I want to say they both have Edsel taillights

17. Does anybody have his email to contact him?

18. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I just asked Larry, He said Richad Axcell worked for him at the time, Richard painted it while working for Larry. Larry doesn't have a computer.

19. Thanks Roger!

20. I noticed your avatar, I used to collect those cards.

21. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Was it Richard's car, or did he just paint it?

22. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

It was Richards personal car, And Richard painted it while working for Larry, Larry has lost track of him . Roger

23. Contact John Denich here on the HAMB, he hangs out with Larry a whole lot lately.

Larry will tell you...

24. John Denich

John Denich

Well Chris I do see Larry quite often, but Roger see's him everyday! So Roger's info is all from Larry's mouth! Sorry I could not help!

25. I talked to Larry this morning about the Richard Axcell 1954 Buick over the phone. He could not uncover anymore information on the car than what we had already uncovered, but I had a great time talking to him and I might be visiting the museum in a few weeks. I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for your help and a special thanks to Roger and Rik for encouraging me to contact Larry.