Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Holland Coachcraft Vans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spity, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Spity

Spity

I did a search and couldnt find anything on the HAMB about these, i thought you guys might enjoy them. I own an old 1950's box-van and someone sent me these to make mine look even uglier.

They were built by Holland Coachcraft in Glasgow England, and on a Commer chassis. Some time in the early 1930's. Thats all I know, but the pictures are worth a thousand words. They were both built for Collars, LTD, a laundry company? Anyone got anymore?

Attached Files:

2. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

That is the coolest box truck I have ever seen!!!

3. unkamort

unkamort

Other than my alter ego as Flash Gordon I have absolutely no use for something like that... But I want one real bad! Style-in' big time!

4. hearse driver

hearse driver
    from New York

Theres a C.O.E. thread here.
    You should look into it.

5. Spity

Spity

Found another one! These were also diecast toys in the 1930's.

Attached Files:

6. Spity

Spity

Some toys.

Attached Files:

7. I've seen uglier. Case in point, this is some kind of vintage camper. Supposed to be on a Chrysler chassis. No ID on it except center rear bumper reads "Graham" and who knows if that's original or just so they could put a hitch ball on it, some idiot gutted it way back and put pine paneling in it, so no dash or other parts. Those in your pictures are downright pretty by comparison, this thing going down the road would cause multiple 911 reports that someone lost their trailer.

Attached Files:

8. Spity

Spity

I think they are very attractive personally, not your camper, im talking about the hand crafted ones.:cool:

9. alsancle

alsancle

+1

I agree that the hand crafted ones are very cool.

10. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I love that first one, Very Cool

11. Spity

Spity

Anyone got anymore of these? I cant come up with anything else other than the toys.

12. I would be willing to part with some interior organs for one of the Holland bodied trucks. I've had a couple early 50's Chevy chassied Grumon CurbMasters, but those British designs make my heart go pitter-patter.