Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2010 ALL Deuces Run date has been set

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have had a few folks ask when is the 2010 All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock NC. It will be

June 5, 2010

We will leave the Target Shopping Center at the NE corner of Hwy 73 and Hwy 77 ( exit # 25 off Interstate 77 ) in Cornelius NC promptly at 10 AM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We usually have between 20 and 35 Deuces partcipate.

Go here to see last years flyer and some event coverage :D

ALL 1932 Fords WELCOME :D :D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359982

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367045

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. basicbob

basicbob

Hope you have a great time & better turn out! Bob

3. 3 Deuces

3 Deuces

That is the wife and I in the Blue Deuce. Butch Henderson from Ohio in the Red roadster. The wife and I plan on being on the " All Deuce Run " again this year. Behind the 3W is Bill Sickle in the green 5W. Looks like HAMBER Hothotprimer in his Deuce pickup in front of Butch. Last Deuce in the photo is Henry Dana :)

[​IMG]

EDIT ... mispelled Bill's last name. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. Hi, Buster, That would be Bill Van Sickle and co pilot Wendy in the green 5 w . What a GREAT photo by Bobby Mc Carter! THANKS, HENRY

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Dam, wish Nebraska wasn't so far away. Hope you have good weather and lots of deuces.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll be there to send you guys off since your starting point is about 5 mins down the road from me. In a couple years I'll be able to join you guys once I get my '32 into shape. Looks like a great time!!!

I am thinking about doing a similar run or reliability run including all cars pre-60 in the spring or for father's day I think. Not sure how to go about getting it started but it's an idea right now. Just wanted to raise some money for Stroke awareness.

Anyways looks like it's going to be a great time again!!!

7. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I've got to mark this one on the calendar. June 5th in the mountains sounds great. I'll check in with some of the other FLA Roadsters Deuce drivers and see who else might be up for it.

Lee

8. This looks like a great event - if my 32 in the avatar is done I would love to take in this cruise!!

9. Looking forward to seeing all you guys again this year,,,,,BTW,welcome to the Hamb Henry,, HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

It`s sure a nice view in a 32 hope yall have a great run and good weather

11. Guys coming from Georgia can meet us upstate South Carolina guys at McDonalds on 85 south,,we will be leaving at 7:30 AM. HRP

12. Projects on trailers welcome?

JH

13. Always enjoy the pictures from this annual event!

Certainly this event makes me wish I had a Deuce so I could go on this run! :rolleyes:

Might just ride up to the Target parking lot that morning in my "slightly newer" roadster to see what kind of turnout you get!

14. What a fantastic picture! That one is worth framing!

Randy, one of these days I'm going to make it to your run but probably not again this year since I hope to be moving to Arizona by then. Maybe next year!

[​IMG]

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too far from Oregon Randy!!-----Love to be there!!---But it will be a good warm up run to get ready for LAR Fathers Day June 20th in Pomona!!!----Taco's are waitin'-----Don

16. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Dodged a bullet on missing the 2010 All Deuces Run. One of my nieces is getting married in June, but fortunately it's the weekend following the Deuce Run. Looking forward to a relaxing long weekend cruise in the roadster and meeting some more H.A.M.B. folks.

Lee

17. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Just wondered if anyone else is coming from out of the area that will need a motel Friday night. I will be making reservations in Corneilus tomorrow and post what I get. Right now the plan is to get there Friday and maybe hit a local cruise night. Do the hotcake breakfast Saturday morning with the Iron Lords and be at the Tour starting point before 10:00 AM. We may come back for a second night in the motel but not sure yet. Open for suggestions on things to do when we leave Blowing Rock.

Lee

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

NO suggestions on a motel ...

But the wife and I plan on being on the " ALL DEUCES " run to Blowing Rock :D

I am trying to get her to drive the 32 3W ... and I will be in the
    " old standby FAITHFUL roadster " ::)

19. kisam

kisam

Someday........:eek:

20. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, Randy - bring BOTH of 'em to the breakfast in Concord! (I will arrange "luke" visitation). vic

21. Randy, I'm hoping to make it next year! Since we just sold our house and have to be moved by July 1st, I won't make it this year or to the LA Roadster Show either (for dinner with you and Don). Have fun and take lots of pics!

22. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Just made our hotel reservations at the Cornelius Comfort Inn & Suites for Friday and Saturday nights. Leaving Florida Thursday AM with a stop over somewhere along the way. So Charlotte area guys, any input on the best cruise nights or other activities going on that weekend besides Saturday morning Hot Cakes? That's already on the agenda.

Lee

23. Well, I guess that's better than having to choose WHICH Deuce to drive! :rolleyes:

24. Just a reminder,,one week away,, HRP

[​IMG]

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Remember if you guys have some time, stop out to concord about 15 minutes away for Breakfast at the Hot Cakes & Hot Rods gathering in Concord The Iron Lords will try to get there at around 7-7:30 so you guys have plenty of time to get back. I plan on coming back to see you guys off and check out some Model -18's!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Jeffery,I would like to make the breakfast but we will be on the road trying to make the 10:00 am starting time,,,we are 150 miles away,,:rolleyes:

But I believe old road dog Randy is planning on getting up REAL early and driving up from Lexington,S.C. to eat breakfast with you guys,,he's 175 miles down the rode but he doesn't need as much sleep as we do,,,he's retired!,,Ha,ha

Hope to see ya at the shopping center starting point. HRP

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You got HRP!!! Can't wait to check out your truck!!! If a few year I would like to make this run myself if you guys don't mind a youngin' tagging along!

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

One more year that we are NOT going to be there.:( The wife just had back surgery and the docs say no extended travel for at least 6 weeks. The 2dr would make the trip with out breaking a sweat (what would you expect it's SBC powered) but if it's many more years before we make it I'll be tempted to bring the BBC 5w. A 435hp tri-power 427 5spd/quickchange shouldn't use more than a couple thousand dollars of gas coming from northern Michigan and back home.......right?:rolleyes::D
    You guys have a great time and be sure to take a lot of pictures so us "lame ass excuse guys" can at least see what we missed.

Frank

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  29. Take lots of pics, the ones from last years run were fantastic! One of these days I'll be there...........

30. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Going over my roadster before the trip up. Figured out the starter problem yesterday, Now if I can solve why the gauges intermittently act wierd I'll be good to go.

Lee