Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods and Horsepower 1932 3 Window??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevinsrodshop, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

What ever happened to the Hot Rods and Horsepower '32 3 window steel body? They had theirs before Brookeville (but not by much). If I remember correctly it came with a 3 inch chop and filled roof. Other than that it was the same as what Brookeville is offering. Now all they offer is the "convertible" 32 roadster with the retractable top and roll up windows. Did the dies get sold to Brookeville and they modified them to build what they offer now? I can't find anything on the net about them now, even if they ever went into production. IT was referred to as the Dearborn Deuce before that moniker was added to the roadster.

2. Skrayp

Skrayp

There was a guy here local who was supposed to be an investor, he had one of the first bodies for a display. The quality wasn't what it should be and it was way overpriced. It started at 18,500 and you had to pay extra for everything,like the door latches and stupid stuff like that. The prototype(s) were hand built bodies that were scanned by some fancy computer in order to fabricate the dies. The gaps were horribly inconsistent and panel fitment was so-so. It didn't look a thing like the Brookville body. I have no idea what happened to the deal, but if I had to speculate I would say it was quality issues and possibly licensing.

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I think there is some guy in the North East that bought all the remaining parts and has been assembling them and selling them for about the same price as a Brookville. I think they might still be using the old name.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When you looked at them REAL close it would have been an insult to Brookville to talk about them in the same sentence. Not even close.

Frank

5. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

6. Fogger

Fogger

As stated the quality was horrible. Not just door gaps but panel shapes, contours and all areas of fitment. They showed at the LA roadster Show when first available and I wouldn't even call them a twenty footer. Pretty poor attempt at a 3W. I've used Brookville parts on my builds and have not had a problem.

7. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

A few years ago, I worked at a Northwest Shop that put 5 of those bodies together. I know of 2 that are done cars, one a neat 60`s style car in this area, and another built in Arizona as a high tech-um-thing. Those bodies were awful to assemble and fixture, completely different to anything Henry ever thought of, and just wrong in every way. The Northeast Shop has laboriously assembled a number of bodies, the cost of which is all labour hours, I`m sure. Good luck to anyone who has one. I still have a headache thinking about the whole thing.....

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Brookville is by far the best and $!