Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features all AV8 picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 13, 2009.

1. I did a search and did not see anything.

How about an all AV8 picture and tech thread. Post pics of any Model A with a flathead V8 in it, and also any tricks or questions regarding the transplant.

Heres mine I'm right in the middle of:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

48fordnut and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  2. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

some old and new....

Attached Files:

3. briz

briz

Heres mine- I had just drove it out of the shop under its own power for the first time in 40 years.

Attached Files:

4. Iron Buyer and the Amocat Roadster, from Billetproof Antioch 2007. Best of Show.

For more info check out, Hot Rod Deluxe March 2009, story & photography by Mike Harrington, pages 46 - 51.

Attached Files:

• 651.JPG
      651.JPG
      File size:
      355.3 KB
      Views:
    • 650.JPG
      650.JPG
      File size:
      403.3 KB
      Views:
    • 648.JPG
      648.JPG
      File size:
      418.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009

5. More please :D

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

My current project, 31 dlx on 32 frame with a late flatty...Weiand heads, intake, and fuel block.:D I've been polishing all that aluminum lately, what a pain! These pics are a little old, it now has two chrome 97's, chrome backing plates, F1 steering, headlight bar and shock mounts, 36 rear radius rods, and a T spring out back. Using all genuine old ford parts, nothing newer than 1950 or so... Full build thread here...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

48fordnut likes this.
  7. McFly

McFly

8. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Heres one I've been tinkering with. Johnny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. bonesy

bonesy

I still love it every time I see your car. Right.

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

All these roadsters are making me want one of those too, but for now I'll post up my 30 coupe: 8BA with Edmunds dual pot, Mallory Magspark, EAB heads, 39 box and V8 quickchange

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Mine that I've been building up forever (well, nine years as of next Jan.). Just six things left to finish the mockup. '28 sedan body, '30 frame with F-1 trans crossmember and 3" rear kick, '51 8BA and '39 box with 16/28 later gears, "A" rearend with 3.54's, '39-'41 style Ford brakes, homebuilt headers with Cherry Bombs and full length "A" torque tube pipes to the rear. The pics are from last February. Will be running bias-ply 16" Firestones (500/5:25's and 700/16's) plus nerf bars front and rear. I used 59A generator, pumps, and double sheave crank pulley, '47/'48 dist. with crab cap and rotor plus 12 shoehorns and 5 lbs. of grease to get the engine in without cutting the firewall. Modified '54 1/2 ton pickup fan hub and pulley. Trans crossmember drops down with master cyl. still in by using long brake hoses; enough to get the trans out without too much grief (hopefully!). Rear seat is '92 Mazda MPV (second seat) and fronts are '85 Fiero. Need to find some nice right side fenders and a stock hood. Regards, Dave.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    48fordnut likes this.
  12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

That's it? There's only 8 or so AV8's on the hamb? C'mon, let's see some more!:cool:

13. bobscogin

bobscogin

AV8 Dave, nice work. I sure would like to see photos of your fan set up. I'm in the middle of trying to figure mine out. It's a '42 Mercury 99A in a '29 rpu. Any details on the modification appreciated, too.

Bob

14. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

bobscogin: Thanks! Have included 2 pics of the fan setup which is actually still being built as I can't finalize it until I fit the hood which may involve moving the rad and shell in or out slightly. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of what the '54 truck fan pulley and flange looks like before modification, but it has a long snout from the pulley to the fan flange which "necks up" in size going from the pulley end to the fan flange. I cut out the "necking up" part and had a machine shop take a whisker off the inside diameter of the fan flange piece so that it would slide over the pulley piece (telescopically). I am using a Mr. Gasket fan which, while not "traditional", has some extra blades which will help the flathead's cooling abilities and the big plus is that it's blades are only angled on the trailing (or back) side which translates into more available space for fan to rad clearance (hope that makes sense!). I plan on drilling and tapping a hole through both pieces to lock the whole thing in place once finalized. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your interest! Regards, Dave.

Attached Files:

15. Nice lookin Columbia! Steve Gilligan sent me pics of that car last year, man it looks bitchin!!

16. redbeard

redbeard

Here is my old coupe

[​IMG]

and proof there is a flathead under that hood

[​IMG]

and now it lives on as my roadster

[​IMG]

It may not have an A frame but I love it just the same.

cheers

17. ive only seen pictures of 9 AV8's so far

whats up with all these 32 frames :confused:;):confused:
    i'll be looking in here for future reference should be starting to peice mine together in the new year

18. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

Ok, here's mine. A frame, 30 coupe body, late flatty. Will be a T5, rear end is a Ranger. Front is a 42-47 axle, split bones, Econoline spindles and drum brakes. Intake is a stock piece, with a super-performance Y dual-carb intake adapter.:D

And here's the video of the very first firing, with my Dad turning the key for the first time. (posted before.)

Still got a long way to go.

Pete

[​IMG]

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid570.photobucket.com/albums/ss149/PeteYJTJ/fullfirststart.flv">

[​IMG]

19. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Here are a few shots of mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bct likes this.
  20. mx6262

mx6262

I have a new screen saver....Or Screen dreamer....;)

21. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

my roadster and old coupe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

YOU sure have a lot of Nerve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. metal man

metal man

Absolutely gorgeous .

24. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

25. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Here's mine. Steadily making progress.
    [​IMG]

48fordnut likes this.
  26. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

J ripper, how many inches is your coupe chopped?

27. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Ya know...I was kinda thinkin' the same thing...but by the time I posted on the the thread it already had a few deuce frames. The thread didn't really specify only model A framed cars. Johnny

28. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

3 inches... i feel an av8 can be on either an A frame or a 32 frame as long it is powered by henry's finest..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  29. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Here are some pics of my '30 AV8 coupe that was originally built in Santa Barbara area in the mid '50s. It is unchanged since it was built (same V8 wires wheels caps and trim rings,red laquer paint, etc) except it had a banger in it that was blown, so I put in 59A, 39 Box using the Tardel '32 K-member, '32 pedals and unsplit '32 wish bones. This is my favorite car I own.

Attached Files: