Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Everybody's got a Dream...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

.. And i'm gonna make mine a reality.:)
    I have been planning and scheming for about 2 years now... collecting this,grabbing at this...scouring Swap meets and talking to lots of racers.
    I blame it ALL on Candyman(Blown32)... he set the wheels in motion.
    i am gonna build my Drag car.:)

I am HEAVILY influenced by a lot of drag roadsters... all from the early 60's .....and the 3 main firestarters were Tony Nancy's Jr.22 cars(pick any of them) the 555 Triple Nickle and of course the The Cederquist Bros. Roadster.

I really must have drawn this dream about a good 40-50 times...scrapping the whole procedure and starting over.i knew one thing for sure...it had to have a presence...just like all three mentioned above.
    Other drag cars that really scald my kat are...Roothawgs Drag n Fly,.... the Lump , Jeff Cryans(sp?) 33 Willys truck(out of Buffalo)(Gasser Gang) and of course the James Boys.

Anyways... i plan to use a IRON 392 Chrysler with IRON heads.. ha ha ha
    I will back it with a 727 and a Bear prepped 9 inch.
    I initially wanted to go with a 6x2 induction with 94's....My other choice was a 6-71 huffer ... I have all i need to go with the 6x2... but after careful consideration i plan to go blown now.I still have not made the firm decision to either go with carbs/gas or Hilborn on gas.i will really lean towards Hilborn .I also was thinking about Alcohol with the Hilborn, but the maintenance may be a bit much.
    I have all the suspension parts all ready and have my rims and tires in order.I was (again) gonna run a set of spoked dragster wheels up front... but after listening to what Littleman had to say..i went with a 12 spindle up front.

[​IMG]

I will have to run a legal cage...but the plan is to build it low and... well looking right...to many i have seen stick up like a U-Boat Kommander:)
    Center steer is in order and may run a reversed Ranger box...
    For the frame..I was gonna use a set of 32 rails..nixed that idea.. too expensive.. we will mimic the 32 rails from the firewall forward,making them out of flat stock....no use on spending money on 32 rails when we plan to channel the body at least 60% over.
    i want the engine to sit 30% back and at a 12 % angle.(if i RUN hilborn, no problem,.if carbs the engine will sit lower and more level.)

[​IMG]

I guess from the very start...i wanted to run clean and hassle free(is there such a thing?)I have watch my pal Neil and helped him at the track.. he has given great guidance and help on this(and other) project(s)It should be fun!
    So.. saying that... to keep it from needing a crew...I plan to run a rad in the back...a inline pump to push and pull.I need to be able to run this without the help of a crew....

[​IMG]

For now i wanna paint it an Orange Krush... with Flake....Black frame and Ivory white details(suspension components,etc,etc)
    i have no plans to be competitive with this car....just to have fun....If i can get in the mid 11 or high 10's.... I will be a happy guy!:)
    who knows?..... it's gonna be a fun Adventure......

[​IMG]

Hey... everyone needs a mascot?... right?? ... ha ha ha ha:)

later.....

[​IMG]

2. Gator

Gator

Very cool Jeff, looking forward to seeing it progress.

3. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I'm in as your first crew member!!

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aaaaaa!!! So THIS is what you've been up to!! Evil man!

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you use the 6x2 you're going to have to redraw this WHOOOOLE thing! :D;):D

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Do it, yes!

7. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

AWESOME! A well laid out plan... with art work to boot!

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I have not given up on the 6x2 idea Scoot....i really was interested in the Edelbrock 94'S....I wanted to see if there was any stats on them testing on multiple set ups... i know they have done some testing on a 3 deuce set up.... but I would really like to know if they tested a 6x2 unit.I f anybody can make them work as a new product...... they can.

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way cool jeff....are you going to drive it when done?

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's fucking awesome Jeff!!! Man, I wouldn't mind seeing this thing being put together when I come up to visit my family in Buffalo. Guess I'll need one of those extended driver's licenses huh??? Love the plan for sure!!!

I have been dreaming up a similar car in my head for the last 6 months (with no intended time or place to start) but more of a late 50's drag car painted baby blue, with a white '32 frame running a 331 Chrysler with 6 two's one top, Spun Moon caps at all four corners, single hoop roll bar, center seat, tons of engine setback, skinny slicks out back, etc. Some day perhaps....

Anyways, it's awesome and cool and all that jazz. I love that we already know what it's going to turn out like before you turn a wrench.

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

well,, i have a CHERRY 30 A roadster, all the stock for the chassis, the engine,tranny..... All suspension and any other sheetmetal parts....(gauges,steering,etc,etc)..... so..what the heck....even my better half has given her blessing..... ha ha

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What about a hilborn set up???

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

hell ya!:)

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You need to check with "Vic Morgan" here on the HAMB. He will fill you in. :cool:

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

We have been in touch with Hilborn and i really like a 4 port induction system.....
    I am really siding with a blower...with the hilborn....
    Which ever choice.....I have to make a firm decision....blower motors are way different than naturally aspirated.... I just think the whole carb deal may be a little fussy for me....and i say that with ALL respect to littleman.

..he is a genius......

16. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Looks like you got a plan now get to work

Only thing I would change is I think it needs a Blown NAILHEAD:D

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was going to mention Littleman. Dave would be disappointed that you are shooting for low 11's or high 10's. He would say shoot for the 9's!!!! hahaha!!!

Those dudes running 6 carbs all open definitely have a love for it and I think tuning those things are a pleasure for them. The rest of us are left with our minds spinning at just the thought of it.

Whichever way you decide I am sure this thing is going to be rad.

18. raven

raven

You really need to change your mascot to 'Captain Kanada' tm of course.
    r

19. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Very cool Jeff!

Bart

20. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Hey Jeff, I went to your website, your one hell of an artist. Good luck on the car build.

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Another idea would be to steal 31Whitey's frame that Bleed built for him. The one that was displayed at the Roundup. It would be perfect for this car!!!

22. Nice, well thought out. I especially like your blue prints. With the effort and foresight you have already put into this project, I don't see how you can miss. Keep on, keeping on.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Booooo! ;):D

24. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeff,I look forward to seeing your rendition coming to life, right before our eyes!

Nick.

25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Dick Dastardly in the grille, that's awesome. Muttley would approve.

Saw in your notes you were considering gold... hope it's not out of consideration. :)

Badass concept, can't wait to see this one going together...

26. You sure are a good drawer.:D

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Dude...:eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D:D
    most excellent!!!

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I think you need to work on your planning and sketching skills some before you just up and jump in like that. :D

Only one suggestion to make it a just a bit more killer (maybe literally): chain drive blower setup, think about it.

29. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Jeff, looks Killer!what about the 32:D