Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coachcraft.Ltd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coachcraft.ltd, Nov 27, 2009.

1. coachcraft.ltd

coachcraft.ltd
    from fillmore

I have been asked to post more on the history of Coachcraft Mine and my Fathers company that my Grandfather and the left over crew from Darrin of Paris started in 1939. The group of Guy's that started Coachcraft where the the workers that my Grandfather put together for Darrin on Sunset Blvd, where the Darrin packards where made .So when Darrin sold out to Packard motor car and moved the line of cars to the east coast .The guy's got together and created Coachcraft.Ltd in 1939 .Here are some of the photo's hope you enjoy them .I will post more photos of the building of Mickey's Cohn bullet proof Cadillac, Thanks

Attached Files:

2. These pictures are awsome!! Thanks so much for posting and please keep them coming. Very interesting stuff.

3. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Great photos! Thanks for sharing ... keep them coming!

Does anyone have photos of the the other coachbuilders that were in business in Los Angeles during that era (Murphy, Bohman & Schwartz, etc.)?

Is anyone reproducing the "flipper" hupcaps on the James Wong Howe car and the Paul Planette merc.? I remember seeing them in the early 50's ... still a cool look.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

VERY KOOL..would love to see more

5. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome photos! Thanks for posting them, please show us more :)

6. madpole

madpole

great pictures. very cool to see shots from those days. pioneers.

7. Mart

Mart

Wow. What great pics!
    Thanks for posting them.
    Mart.

8. coupeman36

coupeman36

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! please post more when you can and thanks!

9. Those pictures are wonderful, what a great history you have to tell. Thanks.
    Allen

10. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Cool pictures........Craftsmanship is a beautifull thing!

11. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Thanks for posting the pics.It is great seeing the people who built these beatiful cars.

12. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

wow, awsome pics!
    thanks for sharing

Zach

13. coachcraft.ltd

coachcraft.ltd
    from fillmore

Hello I think we have some photos of the other body builders of socal I will look for them and I will be sure to post them .!! Thanks

14. Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  15. Clark

Clark

Great pics!!!!!
    Clark

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thanks for letting us in; please show us more.

17. Weasel

Weasel

Pure Gold!!!!

18. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

19. carsentry

carsentry
    from ont canada

Thanks for the history, love that trip hammer !!!

20. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Fantastic Pictures. Do you have any of the Cadillac Station Wagon built for Merrill Madsen Sr of Minneapolis???? Thanks for sharing these.

21. Vintageride

Vintageride

Great Pics! Great history!

Let us know what Coachcraft, Ltd. is working on these days.

Vintageride

22. Very nice! I'm a big admirer of the work from Coachcraft Ltd. and the early history, from the time when coachbuildning and custom cars were close to each other. It would be great to get even more information! Every little detail is valuable to me.

23. autobilly

autobilly

Coachcraft.Ltd thanks for the great pic's. Any more pic's and/or history would be greatly enjoyed by most of us here on the HAMB. This thread could be killer!

24. coachcraft.ltd

coachcraft.ltd
    from fillmore

Hello Sunroofcord Yes ! we do have photos of all the cars that where built .My Father Bill has been trying to find all the cars ,Do you have the Cadillac Wagon?? If you can send me a photo of the car and what it looks like today that would be great .Thanks !!

25. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

No, I do not have the Cadillac Wagon but knew Merrill Madsen Sr. and his sons. Also know his Grandaughter. The Cadillac was pictured in an article on Coachcraft in Collectible Automobile some time ago. I've always been a fan of Coachcraft built cars.

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Always loved those old pro-built customs of that era. Know a guy in Cleveland, GA who has a fine collection of cars that specializes in '34 Fords(he has one of every body stlyle built in '34), and old Packards. He has an old custom Packard roadster from the 20's that IIRC was built for Marlena Dietrich.
    Dave

27. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Amazing pictures. Especially the cars built for celebrities. Is Coachcraft still operating? If so, what kind of work are you doing now?

28. coachcraft.ltd

coachcraft.ltd
    from fillmore

Hello 36couper yes Coachcraft is still in buisness we do alot of Ferrari and Porsche resto .We are doing the body and paint of a 32 5 window coupe and we just finished a 32/34 custom 3 window coupe ..and Im doing a few muscle cars !! a little of everything keeps it interesting .I will post photos of the current stuff a packard that we took to Pebble Beach in 02 and a alfa 57 ultra lite we took in 2005!! Thanks for the interest

29. lakester47

lakester47

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting. I would love to see more, especially of the speedster Keenan Wynn is sitting in. Thanks again.