Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > Traditional Hot Rods

Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #281
Falconred

Default Re: Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead Extraordinaire View Post
Ford switched from the Sprint name to the Futura name in the 65 model year. There was no "Sprint" in 1965.

Joe
Not trying to start an arguement but I there was a Spirint in '65. This is from the TFFN (The Ford Falcon News) forum and those guys are pretty up on Falcons:

The are 65 sprint 2806 hardtops and 300 convertibles. The 65 sprint was not as glamorous as the 63 and 64, Ford was marketing the mustang. The 65 sprint items were bucket seats and console in the convertible with the sprint badge on the front fenders/. On the hardtop it was bucket seats with OPTIONAL console and the fender badges. 65 did not have the tach and the chrome valve covers, air cleaner and chrome power steering resv cover like the previous two years. And in 65, tach was not on sprint. if you wanted a tach you put a sprint one in it or got a rotunda over the counter..

TONS of docs available and pictures oplenty too
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #282
Motorhead Extraordinaire
Alliance Vendor

Hey Falconred,

Absolutely no arguments coming from me but you sure do raise my curiosity. I am looking at an original Ford 65 Falcon sales brochure and there is absolutely no mention of a Sprint model or Sprint option. It was my understanding from Sandi Notarianne, Historical Consultant of Ford Motor Company, that 1965 did not include the Sprint model designation.

I happen to own the Wild Child, one of only three factory built B/FX Falcons built in 65 so needless to say I have not only done a LOT of Falcon research but I am always looking to get more information on these cars. Sandi decoded my car's VIN as a 65 Futura

I have sent a note off to some of the Falcon Club of America old timers to see what info they can provide. As soon as I hear back I will post that info.

If you have some documentation, I would really like copies to add to my library on Falcons.

Regards,
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WC_ChuteOpen.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1090339  
American-made Storage, Workspace, and Workshop Gear
Alliance Vendor, Special Discounts for H.A.M.B. Alliance Members
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #283
65COMET
Old School HAMBer

Muncie;A Sprint was a step up from a Futura.Sprints were V-8s,bucket seats standard,optional on Futuras.There were other items but that is some of the differences.I owned a 65 Sprint,289,C-4,power steering for a while until a drunk desided to park on top of it!! ROY.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #284
Falconred

I'll see what I can find. I have never owned a Sprint but have had several Futuras. I have seen a few that were susposed to be factory Sprints but have no proof personally but I will ask more on the TFFN group.

By the way, you have a real piece of history in the Wild Child, I am glad it has been preserved. I grew up around the area that the Strip Teaser came from and watched a lot of Falcons run back "in the day" as my kids call it. My first good car was a '65 Futura, red with black interior, 289/4 speed. I still have the body (tree fell on it) and bought another about two years ago that needs restoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead Extraordinaire View Post
Hey Falconred,

Absolutely no arguments coming from me but you sure do raise my curiosity. I am looking at an original Ford 65 Falcon sales brochure and there is absolutely no mention of a Sprint model or Sprint option. It was my understanding from Sandi Notarianne, Historical Consultant of Ford Motor Company, that 1965 did not include the Sprint model designation.

I happen to own the Wild Child, one of only three factory built B/FX Falcons built in 65 so needless to say I have not only done a LOT of Falcon research but I am always looking to get more information on these cars. Sandi decoded my car's VIN as a 65 Futura

I have sent a note off to some of the Falcon Club of America old timers to see what info they can provide. As soon as I hear back I will post that info.

If you have some documentation, I would really like copies to add to my library on Falcons.

Regards,
Joe
Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #285
Falconred

The problem comes in that in '65 the Sprint was a package or option not a full body style designation as in '63 & '64.

I found my Falcon brochure: Sorry the scans arn't very good but my scanner is not a very good one.

As a friend once told me, "You ain't wrong, your just not right".

Hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #286
mercuryjunky

How about some late night A/FX Falcon TV

Fast Eddie and his 65 Falcon at Kansas City International Raceway 9-19-10 at the Muscle Car and Nostalgic Nationals

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #287
MUNCIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65COMET View Post
Muncie;A Sprint was a step up from a Futura.Sprints were V-8s,bucket seats standard,optional on Futuras.There were other items but that is some of the differences.I owned a 65 Sprint,289,C-4,power steering for a while until a drunk desided to park on top of it!! ROY.
Cool thanks for the explanation Roy.I was just wondering my 64 is a 2-door h/t futura that came with an inline 6.I know the tailights were different between the 64 & 65 years as well.The 65's had the cross in them and the 64's did not.
Muncie
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #288
mercuryjunky

Phil the Hammer and his 1964 A/FX Falcon At Kansas City International Raceway 9-19-10

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #289
1BADFE
FNG

Fast Eddie and Phil the Hammer, two of the nicest falcons around! Looking to join the Colorado Crew next year for some fun. Looking to put Big Stick on the trailer!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #290
65COMET
Old School HAMBer

Ken;thanks for putting the videos up !!! How much was Eddie squeezing on his early passes ? Those two Falcons have to be the cleanest 64 and 65 around !!! Now if we can get your Father to "drive it like he stole it",we would see some serious times !!!! Seriously I enjoy the fact that he is out there enjoying his car !! Looks like you guys got in quite a few passes. ROY.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #291
Troublemaker427

The Mile High Gang is looking good!!
9:22@143
64 Galaxie 500XL
66 F100
FE Race & Reunion
CLICK ABOVE ^
Old 10-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #292
mercuryjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADFE View Post
Fast Eddie and Phil the Hammer, two of the nicest falcons around! Looking to join the Colorado Crew next year for some fun. Looking to put Big Stick on the trailer!
I need to stop putting myself on the trailer first.Cant wait to see your fairlane running.

Going to the super cruise in the wagon tommorrow night
Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #293
mercuryjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublemaker427 View Post
The Mile High Gang is looking good!!
Bent my Cal trac springs also,I'll call tommorrow.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #294
mercuryjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65COMET View Post
Ken;thanks for putting the videos up !!! How much was Eddie squeezing on his early passes ? Those two Falcons have to be the cleanest 64 and 65 around !!! Now if we can get your Father to "drive it like he stole it",we would see some serious times !!!! Seriously I enjoy the fact that he is out there enjoying his car !! Looks like you guys got in quite a few passes. ROY.
Eddie was so close to that 10 sec. slip.He needs some new tires,Somebody has been doing some street racing and has them all worn out.Its nice to see him back on the track,its been a year since he raced last.All I know that after filming the last minute of his video he wasnt worth a damn after that.

I finally got the Hammer to do a fair burnout half way through the video.I told him if he didnt step it up I would put him in a Home.I think he just likes those Sunday drives.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #295
dragsta
BANNED

this thread reminded me of a white, 65 Falcon Ranchro that was sitting for a long time and i finally got a chance to inquire about it. the homeowner did not own the car though and directed me to an insurance salesman who wanted $6K for it. well.... that was too much but the car was nice. it had a 289 with cobra valve covers, air cleaner, 4bbl and headers. i loved the car but had to pass. but i always wondered if any ford dealers actually built "cobra rancheros" or if this was just put together by a schmo.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #296
1BADFE
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryjunky View Post
I need to stop putting myself on the trailer first.Cant wait to see your fairlane running.

Going to the super cruise in the wagon tommorrow night
Pick up my car from paint prison tomorrow, hope it's right! My brother is starting his engine build for his 66 next week - 775HP on pump gas!

We'll be at the super cruise as well.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #297
Beebeebobby
Grenade Inspector

Bringing this one back...
Old 11-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #298
hillbilly jim
FNG

Hows this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	model 2 013.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1149273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Models 023.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	495.9 KB
ID:	1149274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Models 034.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	511.2 KB
ID:	1149275  

Old 12-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #299
AHotRod
Alliance Member

What a awesome group of pictures and information...
Old 12-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #300
SOHC427

Good to see this thread is still living.
That will keep Fast Eddie happy, and I love to see the nice cars!
Eric