Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Honeymoon Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Gorgeous!!!!!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's exactly how a '34 Roadster is supposed to look!!! It looks like a Roy Brizio roadster with out the creature comforts and fluff. It's perfect!!!

I love the idea of building a car under the honeymoon pretense. How could she say no!!!

Can't wait to see the car today. I know that color has to be a thing of beauty.

5. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Beautiful car and that pic of the lady is to die for.

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Man what a gorgeous car. I want to see current pics!

7. McFly

McFly

I've never really been into 34 roadsters...but this one has changed my mind. Love it.

8. rodncustom

rodncustom

It is a nice car but the story and the fact that it's been found in, what sounds like, as built and excellent condition is even better.

9. Pscott

Pscott

Beautiful car...is that the same Jerry Eisert that was the designer/builder of the Harrison Spl. Indy cars in the sixties? Seems like a few of those ran small block Chevy engines.

10. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Very cool indeed! I love your stories that you find Ryan.

11. "near unmolested and mint condition" ... you mean someone hasn't painted it satin black and put skulls & spiderwebs all over it to make it look "traditional"? :rolleyes: ... all sarcasm aside, it's really great to see a painted, full-fendered roadster that was built in the early '50s ... IMHO, a very cool (& traditional) Hot Rod!

Yep ... same Jerry.

Before his fame as an Indy car designer/builder, he was a Dry Lakes racer ... in '56 he bought the famous SoCal '34 Coupe ... and drove it @ Bonneville for 4 years ('56-'60) ... he sold it to Jim Travis in '69.

EDIT: Just discovered that Jerry passed away in 2006 :( ... click HERE for his Obit.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  12. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

13. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I see the 40 Ford steering wheel, but whats that dash with the big gauge in the middle? 49 Ford?

NEAT Stuff!!

14. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Didn't Jerry Eisert also make the monocoque dune buggy called the Bugetta?

15. seatex

seatex

See the link above from HEMI 32.
    What an amazing lifetime.......... God Speed, Jerry.
    Someone has snagged a true treasure, can't wait for more info...........

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I can't either... I've yet to see pictures. All I've gotten is a promising email. More just as soon as I get it.

17. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

We got to work on a Bugetta maybe 35 years ago, was quite a piece of work, probably the best made buggies ever.

18. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I purchased the chassis from Jerry's car about 3 years ago. Harvey in Whittier, CA had the remains and he knew all about the roadster and Jerry. The chassis even included the registration and Non Op from 1954. Harvey has a mint 34 roadster sitting behind his house but would not sell the car. I am not sure how he acquired the chassis but I was happy to purchase it and build my roadster. I should have copied Jerry's but built a 60's style instead. Anxiously awaiting the pictures.

The blue one is my friend Bob's who just acquired this beauty.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Sweet lookin 34. Just how a full fendered 34 roadster should look. Something about 50 Merc caps...just does it for me.

Reminds me of a 34 roadster survivor I saw abot 15 years ago at the LA Roadster show; full fendered, chopped, oxblood maroon paint (and leather interior,big S/W's IIRC), 50 Merc caps. It was the shit.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Really? I'm super curious now!

21. skidsteer

skidsteer

When people ask what a "Traditional Rod" is, I tell them to go back and look at pics from the 50's. This is a really sweet ride, with great proportions, and not overdone.

22. That has always been one of my favorite cars and that was one of the first Hot Rod issues I bought when I was younger so I looked at it constantly! I cannot wait to see it.

23. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

This is going to be interesting!! :)

24. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Not that I'm an expert, but just want to be certain: the grille and one-latch hood say '33 to me. Is it a '33 or '34?

Paul/CA

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Good catch. Looks to be 34 grille, 33 hood sides.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'd take a '34 like this with fenders over any '32 any day. That looks near about perfect.

27. humpie

humpie

we worked 13 days to get a 31'ford roadster ready(steering,brakes wiring,engine,seat,trans and carb linkage etc.)the couple got married and drove away from the reception in it pulling about 15 cans behind it.it looked great.it was our gift to them and they really liked it:)

28. FLAT BLACK 42

FLAT BLACK 42
    from West coast

29. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

In regards to the hood. The 33 and 34 hoods are a different length to compensate for the narrow grille on the 33. Harvey told me that Jerry made the hood fit using the 33 panels. I tried to copy the hood on my car and ended up buying 2 hoods and two grilles. I ended up using the complete 33 set up as it was easier. Today, Rootlieb will make you a 33 hood that fits the 34 but does not have the bead around the radiator. I am anxious to see the car as it is today.

Pictures please.

Attached Files:

30. swimeasy

swimeasy

I think that the 34 with fenders intact bring out lines that are hard to beat....Great story also!