Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage OakieBowl Hardtops racing in HANFORD,CA 11-7-2009.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weeks46, Nov 4, 2009.

1. So we are running one last time this year in Hanford, California at Kings Speedway Nov.7th, 2009. I will post more info as I recieve it but as of right now we have the Hardtops lined up and some 1960-70's sportsmans to race saturday night. Racers hail from Chowchilla, San Banardino, Bakersfield, Fresno, and Tulare at the moment. The race track is located at the Kings County Fairgrounds and it should be a pretty good show. We don't hold back with these vintage cars one bit, we race them hard. I am enclosing a link to the last thread I had on here for ya'll it has a video of our main event plus some photos of us. Hope to see some HAMBers make it out to see us run.-Weeks

Thread
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401847

Video of our last race.
    http://golivestream.com/Player.aspx?VID=696

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. BTTT, I am racing the number 88 tonight in Hanford,CA at Kings speedway. Not many people have seen this thread unfortunately. Hope some of you Central Vally fellas and gals see it and make it out to watch us run. 6 cars from Bako are on their way up. Racing starts at 3 PM today. Hobby Stocks, Street Stocks, and IMCA Modifieds are running besides us Hardtops and the Sportsmans. Thanks for looking and feel free to bump this thread so more can see throughout the day today. I am off to work on the cars and get them loaded up.-Weeks

3. LongnLow

LongnLow

that was way cool!

4. Ok so we had 10 Hardtops run and there were 8 sport modifieds that ran. I placed 2nd in my heat race and then blew a right rear on lap 10 of 15 in the main event. Matt McCaslan won the hardtops in car #29 and Jeff Gibbons placed 2nd in car #3. It was alot of fun and we plan on running more next year, so I will keep ya'll updated. I think next year I will run just one thread so the people who care to see the hardtops can bookmark the thread and see when it pops up onto the board or gets new posts as I update. Here is some pictures I took. I neglected to really photograph our Hardtops from bako because you can see them in earlier thread I posted. Enjoy.-Weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then there was us from Bako. We brought up 7 cars to run of the 10 Hardtops.

[​IMG]

Well thats it for this time fellas and gals. We had a good showing and no cars got torn up but we ran the hell out of them. Hanford is a fast ass track and the car I was running kept shifting into high gear coming outta the corners lol. We were hauling ass. Enjoy.-Weeks

6. boldventure

boldventure

Thanks for posting!

7. Cool stuff! I know a guy in La Grange that has a car with a Y that would fit right in.

8. Great to see somethin cool going on in Hanford. Thanks for the post. A bit late for me seeing as i moved to Long Beach but good to see.

9. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Is that #3 supermodified Al Pombo's old car or a clone? Either way it's killer. Lots of cool cars, looked like california sportsman, okie hardtops and vintage supermods?

10. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Oh and tell Clayton Roger from UTI said Hi, is he still running the #76 truck?