Register now to get rid of these ads!

hemi is it worth it san jose help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slag Kustom, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I had bid on a 392 hemi on ebay did not win but the reserve was not met and the guy had sent me a second chance offer to get the engine for my max bid of $4500. seems worth it but the shipping is going to be expensive and he does not really want to ship it

What do you guys think ??????
    i would really like to get this motor but im not sure if i can get the guy to drop it off at a shipping place

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7946354601 [​IMG]

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

you can stash it at my house if you do buy it...

3. FEDER

FEDER

I say YES! With the complete 4 spd setup I wouldnt think you could build it for that. Look around shipping might not be that much. Feder

4. FuelFC

FuelFC

Isn't Ben D out that way right now?

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I dont think you could build it like that for 4,500.I had a hemi engine, and when I got to pricing all the pieces to do a quality rebuild I sold it.

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

not sure where he is. any one near san jose coming to nj ?????

7. TxRat

TxRat

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't Ben D out that way right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is. just talked with him a day or two ago...

8. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

if any one talks to ben d ask about bringing a motor for coast to coast

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

For BenD....check the HAMB 'O' Dex for his contact info. He should call you back or email you. You may even try to call him tonight since he is on the left coast and it is still early in the night.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i struck out with ben d san jose is way north from where he is now and he wont be coming out this far east until spring or unless he gets some thing good lined up

any one got any other ideas ??????

11. long island vic

long island vic

i have a line on a 392 wt clutch flite on the island for about 2000.00 6 strom intake no carbs

12. Slag, Be careful! Make sure the person contacting you is the one selling it. I have heard of scammers getting ahold of bidders and taking their money. See if you can get someone to check it out for you. Just a heads up. Move with caution.

13. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

thats what im hoping on if some one could check out the motor and get it to a shipper. from the cars the guy has sold on ebay he looks like he could be a member here

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Slag, Be careful! Make sure the person contacting you is the one selling it. I have heard of scammers getting ahold of bidders and taking their money. See if you can get someone to check it out for you. Just a heads up. Move with caution.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE.....TRUE.......TRUE.......

<font color="red">Be very, very careful of second chance offers. I have had two and BOTH were scams.... </font>

The I do not want to ship it scares me......

Email the original seller and get his phone number....talk to him and see if everything is on the up and up. Or better yet ...get someone you trust in Cali to pick it up and PAY for it then (with your money)...

Be very careful........BOTH my scammers would not let me pick the item up. Scammers see that you are are different sides of the country.

Randy

15. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

i saw that motor on ebay also. i live in san jose and could check it out, store it , help ship it possibly. let me know if you need help.

16. Ya, We got your back! I'm sure you already thought about my warning. Good luck. Looks like a great motor. I have a soft spot for hemi's. ( Who wouldn't?)

17. [ QUOTE ]
    i saw that motor on ebay also. i live in san jose and could check it out, store it , help ship it possibly. let me know if you need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let Tim have it...or it may never get to you...he'll put it in something....Maybe a Valiant wagon.... [​IMG]

I can also 'go look' if you want it checked out.

If its any help, the machine shop &amp; the guys who biult the engine are both here in Campbell &amp; do have a good reputation &amp; have been around many years.

Dave

18. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Slag, Be careful! Make sure the person contacting you is the one selling it. I have heard of scammers getting ahold of bidders and taking their money. See if you can get someone to check it out for you. Just a heads up. Move with caution.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE.....TRUE.......TRUE.......

<font color="red">Be very, very careful of second chance offers. I have had two and BOTH were scams.... </font>

The I do not want to ship it scares me......

Email the original seller and get his phone number....talk to him and see if everything is on the up and up. Or better yet ...get someone you trust in Cali to pick it up and PAY for it then (with your money)...

Be very careful........BOTH my scammers would not let me pick the item up. Scammers see that you are are different sides of the country.

Randy

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just the "not wanting to ship it thing that is bad... It's also the fact that he wants you to buy it OUTSIDE of Ebay so he's not responsible.

plus, if this price is so low like you guys are saying, then normally a person would just relist it, we're talking about another 1 or 2 thousand dollars? Even a really rich guy would want the extra thousand or two that it's worth..

I'm just saying don't get burned, good luck man.