Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which Holley 94

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chappys4life, Oct 20, 2009.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I have a stock v8 239 flathead in my 53 f100. Which model holley 94 do I need to use with the stock distributor? I know there are different ones and I thought I would need a 8ba but not sure if I need a EAB or a different model.

2. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

I just went through this with a carb I had Holley carb guru Jere Jobe do up for my buddy's 8BA in a '50 Meteor. To quote Jere's reply to my email enquiry, "the bowl casting MUST be either a Model 8BA or EAB if you are going to use the stock "Loadmatic" type of distributor. Also, the base casting must be of the type that provides vacuum to the distributor port that is located on the back of the correct bowl castings". Hope this helps! Regards, Dave.

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

There are several others...7 and 8RC, some 1951 variants, etc.. Any that have the bowl casting with the vac port on back AND a matching base with the passage that connects to it (that is, not an early casting) will do the job. There is a post-1953 base with an extra blivet that takes a device that looks like a power valve. That device manipulates the two vac circuits somehow...I never bothered to research just how, because I use the earlier carbs and would not use loadamatic even on a stocker. It is generally inadequate in advance except at part throttle even in a good stock setup.

For stock...I think '53 pickup still got the 8RT. Passenger that year got EAB's, with another variant for autotrans.
    '49-53 carbs don't differ much in metering...different models mostly differ in throttle arms, inlet fitting, aircleaner provisions and other externals, which have often been swapped anyhow.

4. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Right you are Bruce! There were also the Holley R-713's which (to quote Jere again) "were made by Holley Corp. and sold as "after-market replacement parts only" during the 1950s and sixties. Those carburetors were never used by Ford Motor Co. on a production vehicle." These ones have the standard model "I.D circle" on the left side of the bowl casting with no number in it. Regards, Dave.

5. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I think I have a 8rt on my truck I will look at it today. So I should be able to use a 8rt, 8ba, or eab with no issues? Looking for the easiest replacement.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Any 94 type carb with vac fitting as noted above. You need to consider the throttle connectons, choke type, etc.