Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for pix...Poly Spitfires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RileyRacing, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Anybody got a good pic of a poly valvecover that says "Chrysler Spitfire"?

Or have one around Detroit, that they'd like to "donate" for "research"? [​IMG]

Mel? four-thirteen? Bueller?

Thanks!

Jay

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Is this what you are talking about, it don't say Chrysler but it is from a Spitfire.

[​IMG]

B [​IMG] B

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's beautiful. Are those original colors? Are the letters stamped in the metal or just painted on?

4. Looks right, but I thought there was one with the same "script" as the Firepower HEMI's.

Regardless, that is really, really cool. Is that painted in a factory scheme, or is that how it came?

Jay

5. Mel

Mel

Unfortuantely I don't have any pics of valve covers, but I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Here's some info that might help your search...
    Chrysler Spitfire Poly Motors were introduced in '55 with the Saratoga and Windsor models and continued until '58. They were the 301 poly and low deck versions of the 331 and 354 hemi motors. The valve covers are distint from other poly covers because they have 3 bolts instead of 2 and of course, the Spitfire script.

6. eberhama

eberhama

You can have this valve cover for $950 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course it also comes with the '57 windsor 2drht. its attached too. Just think of the research you could do with that!!!

7. Wow. I posted a response here this morning... guess it didn't take.

BC327, yes, it's stamped that way. Don't think those are factory colors though.

Mel, thanks for the info. Apparently, I wanna seek the earlier style... off to search. [​IMG]

Jay

8. Wish I had the cash. Wanna trade for a crusty Biscayne? [​IMG]

Jay

9. I don't have any, but I have a buddy with a pair, unless to donated them to the garbage alter. how badly do you need one/pair? David

10. I have an idea I'd like to pull off... if ya got em cool, if not, I'll keep looking.

Thanks man!

Jay

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Nope those ain't the factory colors. That is part of my collection and we paint them with whatever colors we have around at the time. Don't even remember what the colors are. Got the covers off of egay a while back, think I paid about 25.00 for the pair.

B [​IMG] B