Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1st ever Alberta H.A.M.B get together...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I decided to put my photos into another thread, that way more members will see them before they get lost to the inky black depths that are the 'back pages' of the H.A.M.B.

This past Saturday was the first ever Alberta</ST1:p (maybe Canadian?) H.A.M.B Members get together in Red Deer</ST1:p. Held at the Queen Diner, we had a better turnout then expected. The venue was perfect, the food great, and some awesome rods and customs showed up for a great Saturday afternoon. <O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

I went up the night before to Edmonton</ST1:p (hour and a half north) to pick up my new beater truck. I drove down in the morning with the Edm guys and the truck ran great. We left <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:p</st1:City>late but made good time, ariving @ the diner around <st1:time Minute="15" Hour="12">12:15</st1:time>. Just in time for lunch. The<st1:City><ST1:p Calgary</ST1:p</st1:City> crew beat us there, and many guys from <st1:City><ST1:place Red Deer</ST1:p</st1:City> and area showed up.

<O:p
    Here are my photos, if I missed someones car I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

We gathered @ LG Kustoms and Hotods in the morning, Lee left early to meet everyone @ the Nisku overpass while Cassie, Matt and I took off a little later to meet everyone:
    [​IMG]

We got to the gas station, and everyone was there waiting for us :eek::
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About halfway down the road we stopped so Matt could top off his radiator:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We made good time, and arrived to find a lot full of cool rides.

0rg0's Edsel:
    [​IMG]

Ted the Rock and Roll Mechanic's '64:
    [​IMG]

James1savage and plodge55aqua's rides:
    [​IMG]

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

NORTH30FORD's clean Chevy (probably my favorite car there):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cool little speedster that showed up:
    [​IMG]

merc56's truck:
    [​IMG]

Cassie's (rocketlady88) Olds:
    [​IMG]

GearHead614's T :
    [​IMG]

I don't know if Milos (is that how your name is spelled? Sorry if I butchered it) is a HAMB member but this is his ride:
    [​IMG]

Jesse and Simon brought their rides:
    [​IMG]

Nice Poncho that showed up:
    [​IMG]

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

My friend Trevor made the looooong trip down the 100 yard road to see what was going on:
    [​IMG]

Butch also showed up with his cool sedan:
    [​IMG]

George and his son brought their roadster down:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to get a good show of the Diner and Scott's (owns the Diner) garage in the back:
    [​IMG]

And here are a couple of vanity shots of our vehicles in front of the garage:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all from me. Thank you to EVERYONE who came and had a good time, we appreciate you guys making the trip down/up and into Red Deer. Everyone appeared to be having a good time. I met some new friends and bullshitted with my old ones, and didn't miss any of the people who gave us shit for putting this on.

See you on the road!

5. So when are we gonna have the next one?
    What are you guys doing tomorrow haha?

6. George G

George G

Good to meet you. Got dust down your neck from combining??

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Nice to Meet you all.. What a Good time with Good People..... and thanks..

8. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Looks like a great time, guys!! Wish I could have made it out.

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Boyd.. We wish you could of been there.. who knows what these guys got planned.. Jalopys hoping to do it again tommorrow..:D

10. CDNflatlander

CDNflatlander

That was great to meet some of the people you talk with, and have helped you out in the past! Also good to see what is running around these parts, Al, I wish I had some pictures to bring out to your place in the near future...but I pulled a dumb-ass, and forgot my camera...
    Hope to catch more of this in the near future!
    Good job, and thanks!
    Greg.

11. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

Graham, thanks for the kind words and posting your pics. It was a pleasure meeting you and some of the other guys. Wish I had more time to check-out everyones rides. Sorry I had to split so early, would have liked to stay and meet/chat with a few others. Next time I'll be sure to make more time.

Had a nice trip up the 2A. Quite a civilized way to travel. Really enjoyed the drive, scenery and company. We're so lucky to live where we do. We're going to have to do it again, soon!

Thanks Scott, for hosting, great burgers!

Peter

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice, looks like tons of fun.
    jalopykid-nice car!

13. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Thanks for the pics. Wish I could been there.
    Maybe next time?

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I ended up driving truck. Usually not a bad time...unless your doing barley...:mad:

Next time you better make it, or your out of the secret society!

Peter, your Chevy is one of my favorite cars here in Alberta. Guys, the Rollers out of Calgary are a class act and Peter represented them well! Next time bring some other Rollers members!!

We'll hold you to that!

15. Nice to see you were able to get together. My family is from Trochu so next time I am in the great white north I will be sure to look you guys up.

16. X2 I love that car!!!

17. Looks like a good time and a decent turnout for the 1st. Wish I had a ride that fit in - have to get the '32 finished (started is more like it) or the Thames I'm starting on.

Steve

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Say what :confused::confused:

I'm from Huxley! I grew up in Trochu!!

19. Given the size of those towns, we're probably related. :cool:

20. Looks like a good time. I've done the drive from Spokane to Edmonton many-o-times. Nice scenery up there!

21. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

D'oh!! I'm not willing to bring the Essex unless I can drive it out.
    I'm working on it, seriously!! It's heading for winter storage shortly and while the garage is empty I plan to start work on a completely new chassis. One that will more traditional as well as driver-friendly. :)

22. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Haha I don't doubt it. Do you stil lhave family up here? I may know some of them.

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Well with all those damn lights you just installed you can't use the '24 hours of darkness' excuse! (Thats Manitoba, right? You guys might as well be a part of the NWT it gets so damn cold over there...)

24. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Say what?? Can't hear you, my teeth are chattering too much! :p

25. Yeah a bunch. We were just up there in 2004 for a big reunion. Do you know any Mayotte's or Clermont's? I don't know the rest of the last names off the top of my head and my folks are out of the country for a few weeks but when they get back I will find out and PM you.

26. Nice scenery? What? were you sleeping from Calgary to Edmonton? Theres nothing to look at out here! except fence posts and power polls....

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Clermonts sounds familiar. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you find out!

Take 2A and there's lots to see. Alberta is a really cool place if you go off the beaten path.

28. You are right, pretty scab land up that far...but from Bonners Ferry, ID up over Crows nest pass and such is pretty rad. Edmonton reminds me of central Washington. It's bare and tan :D I worked for a tranny place that does big CAT Allison trannys and such. One would go down on a mine sight and the mine would need one ASAP. So load a rebuilt one up, jump in the truck and drive 12 hours strait. Wake up the next moring way too early, unload it and drive back. Man, I DO NOT miss that shit!!

29. hotflint

hotflint

Man I wish I could have gone to this meet, unfortunately I had to work so I couldnt make it. I am bustin' ass on my fleetline so hopefully I can actually go on the cruise I heard so many good things about as well!

30. Bonners ferry to crows nest it real nice. I think I might have unloaded you once. I used to be a shipper receiver at a crating company for a short while and I remember unloading a big ass transmission once that two guys drove up from Spokane with. Black dodge pickup with a trailer.