Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Great Disneyland Cover Up of 1959...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. the-rodster

the-rodster

Ha!

Norm would never do anything like that :)

Rich

3. xbtnikx

xbtnikx

no info on disneyland, but that T has been a long time fav... more pictures?

4. jangleguy

jangleguy

I think it's really odd that you would ask ME if I was there because I absolutely was not there and there's no way you can prove that I was because I wasn't there so why would you ask ME if I was there? I just think it's odd, that's all. I'm just saying...

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'm going to see Sir Norm tomorrow. I'll ask.

6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Maybe Rat Fink screwed Minnie Mouse,and when word got around it came to blows and Mickey got his lights punched out !:D

Rowdy gearheads trash Disneyland,that's so kool I hope it's true
    Paul

7. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The HCCA used to do a tour through Disneyland regularly. Somtime in the 60's a steamcar blew up (a passerby threw a cigarette in the car, and it ignited some fume. Steam cars have boilers and gas and fires) and cooked some of its occupants alive. Disneyland promptly ceased having tours through its park. Last year, the HCCA did a tour through there for the first time since that incident.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  8. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Quick internet research shows that 1959 was the opening year for Disneyland??? It seems like disney fans also link the Hot Rod hobby to Disneyland by saying that in 1959 Disneyland opened, Ed Roth, living nearby, disliked all the cutsie Mickey Mouse advertising... and so created Rat Fink as a foil to Mickey... seems interesting, but not sure how accurate it is...

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow, that's amazing....if it's true.

10. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Disneyland opened in 1955

11. There was magazine coverage of the show in at least one issue of one of the small East Coast magazines from the late '50s or very early '60s, I believe it was Rodding & Restyling. The show was called "Car Club Day." The article shows the displays and quite a few magazine feature customs and rods in attendance. I'm on the road headed to Lead East and will be gone about a month, but if no one has found the article by the time I get back, I'll scan it in and post it here.

12. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

This might be urban legend. That Roth said Rat Fink was mickey on ACID. One more thing Mickey Mouse is a rat. A very rich Rat!!!! There was anther cartoon show Mickey look like doing drugs and fornicating.

13. Nope, Disneyland opened in 1955. How do i know? I'm looking at a picture of Walt with my dad who was one of the musicians playing at the grand opening and it is dated 1955!

14. retro54

retro54
    from PA

haha... must have misread the pages then...

15. SteadyT

SteadyT

16. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

I know that Dick Kraft and Marvin Webb (who together built 'the bug') both worked at Disneyland. I believe they were both heads of Maintence departments, but not positive about that. They may have had some influence in getting a show started.

17. Daddiojoe

Daddiojoe
    from Austin, TX

Re: Ratfink origins.

According to the Kustom Kulture show at Laguna Beach years back, Ratfink was first incarnated on a refrigerator door in magic markers on Xmas Day, 1961. This makes me one day older than Ratfink.
    Another version has him showing up for the first time on a napkin in 1959 ( I think).

Either was too early for acid (lsd). He probably took that later.

FWIW,

Joe

18. weez

weez

Might have had something to do with Bob Gurr, I keep finding out cool design things that guy was involved with. He was a top designer there, did the firetrucks, the Autopia cars, etc.

19. The Fink wasn't around yet. But I did hear about a thing involving "sin"derela and some dwarfs. Nuthin' to do with cars but it was interesting.

20. I don't know shit about Mickey Mouse but a good friend owns the original Anderegg T.

Wish he would restore it.

JH

21. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Mickey has been with Minnie for over 50 year and has not knock her up. Everytime you see Mickey he is hanging out with Goofie. I am saying Mickey is a very Gay mouse/rat. Ratfine would had Minnie knuck up and have about 3 baby rats. Minnie would be smoking Lucky strikes and work in strip bar.

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Maybe thats where the term “rat-rod” comes from, just saying...

23. 31whitey

31whitey

I heard that there was a gang running a counterfit money operation out of disney....

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a couple of the designers there were big car nuts.

25. there's a disney convention next week in anaheim with all kinds of memorabilia that i was trying to avoid taking my wife to, but now i might be able to turn it into a fact finding mission.

perhaps the picture of the plaque will trigger a memory or two....

doubt anyone that might know would be in the house that day, but you never know...

26. Jay (Jive-Bomber) ...

So when will pixarLogo.jpg be hosting their "FIRST ANNUAL CAR CLUB DAY AND AUTOCADE"? :) ... I'd be more than happy to do some burn-outs in the Emeryville Campus parking lot ... and you wouldn't even have to get me drunk! :rolleyes: :D

27. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  28. I have a friend that works in Security at the Mouse House and my sister in law has worked there for 35+ years. I have asked both to ask around with some of the old timers and also do some archives snooping. Who knows ........

29. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

30. solid

solid

I love this kinda stuff...