Register now to get rid of these ads!

Of Course You Like Old Cars....What About Old Toys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64Cyclone, Aug 30, 2009.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

From what I've seen, most car guys like old toys. My weakness is Smith Miller toy trucks. Maybe a Tonka, Structo or Hubley here and there. Post what you've got. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  3. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Wow...cool stuff Mazooma1. I love those 60s drag tropheys!

4. F&J

F&J

[​IMG]

Ok, I am jealous...... a BIG pair of magnifying eyeglasses and a flashlight that works... :)

5. snelson57

snelson57

WOW 64 - that is a pile of Smith Millers...

I have a small collection, but no Smiths in mine. I will get some pics up. Some tonka, structo, MarX, Wyandotte, Ideal....the usual suspects.

My dad searched for that Smith Miller Mobiloil tanker for about 15 yrs to add to his collection. He had one like it when he was a kid.

I found it (a really nice one, too) and a Smith Miller Allied (?) Van together at a consignment shop about 2 years ago and we bought them for my dad for Christmas. He was probably 68 at the time, but you would have though he was 8....

He said if he ever found that truck, it would be the last one that he would buy...yeah right. I think that he is up to about 250 trucks in his collection.

6. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Super collection! Some rare and expensive stuff there...

7. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

very nice toys.... I've still got my metal trucks mostly buddl's from the late 50's early 60's...cool thing , my oldest boy is a fireman and I gave him my ladder truck I got when I was 5 yrs old....passing along the memories!!!:D

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey

I see some old friends on those shelves!

I got into early pressed steel trucks about 12-15 years ago. When I'd tell people what I'd given for a piece I bought at a show, swap or off Ebay they'd jus' look at me and say "for a toy truck?"

I've quit collecting as I'm out of room to store them.

I hope to one day restore all of them, and break even, at best!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "All great truths begin as blasphemies''

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Hang on to them till the economy gets turned around. Old toys drop in value when the economy tanks....much like collector cars.

An example is a Smith Miller GMC Kraft truck I had around 10 years ago. It was probably one of the nicest unrestored examples in existance. I sold it on EBay for $1700.00. That very truck is on EBay right now for $650.00 or best offer. :(

10. LowFat48

LowFat48

I picked this up at a garage sale , never seen one with a flatty and 2 carbs....

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      48 KB
      Views:
  11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

12. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

No pics but an eclectic gathering of cars aan an odd wind up bulldozer and a windup tip boat. I take all the old tin cars and trucks that are junky and put them in my toy junkyard outside.

13. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

Is it limited to just toys?? I collect American Flyer Toy Trains (post war Gilbert), Jukeboxes (all pre 1960), Vintage HiFi, Electric Neon Clocks, Pinballs, Original Pinup art, Toys.. and 16mm films of Monster/SciFi/Horror/Hot Rod/JD..

SO what the OP should really say is, I know car collectors are all nuts that collect things!! I sure am. It's in our nature to collect, look at and play with these things from a great era gone by.
    When things were still "Made in America"..

;)

Attached Files:

dana barlow likes this.
  14. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

Here's a coupla more odd shots..

Attached Files:

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I did my part as a child to make these toys worth more money. I smashed all mine with a brick.... wish I hadn't now.

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I used to have the mobil gas tanker when I was little,it was a hand me down from my cousins. I also had a mid 50s tonka cattle and moving truck from them too,when they started having kids my mom made me give them back and they got destroyed. I do have a early 60s tonka car hauler and nylint dump truck that I got for christmas in 62 and other I got off ebay.

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

I'll have to get some pics. The old Structo, Wyandotte, Hubley, Marx, etc, toys are kind of what I specialize in my antique business.

18. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I made the gun, whittled and cut it all by hand when I was about 10. Santa brought the bank.

Attached Files:

19. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I used to be heavy into collecting 50's vintage Tonkas. I had over 100 when I sold my collection a couple of years ago. I was just at my cousins Saturday evening. I looked over in the neighbors yard. In the sandbox was a NICE 55 Tonka dumptruck. It was all I could do to keep from asking about it (or jumping the fence and "rescuing" it):)

20. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Cool picture's ,I like them all . I got one of them shown here down at my pig stand.

If you put a coin in the frying pan before you turn it on , it will flip the coin over.
    This is the only time I have saw another one.

Attached Files:

21. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Scott has some real nice toys at the Pig Stand. Come by and see.

22. BenW455

BenW455

Nice collections guys.

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Before I could even think...."don't get Mazooma1 started!":eek:.......he was already here........Old stuff is so amazingly cool....AHHHHHH!...... when toys were toys.........;)

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have about 60 pieces of Wyandotte and Marx pressed steel toys. I also have a few cast iron cars and motorcycles

25. I love old toys, especially hot rod & racing toys. Here are some of mine, mostly early japanese tin, but some plastic racers as well.

Mick

Attached Files:

26. Here's some more.

Mick

Attached Files:

27. papastoyss

papastoyss

If they still have 50/60 % original paint you're better off to leave them as is value wise unless you just want to restore them for your own enjoyment.

28. papastoyss

papastoyss

That Marx 777 Super Hot Rod is so neat. I have one w/original box that was in the Buddy L "Toy Morgue" that was auctioned off in 2001. I paid waay to much but I really like it. My son will sell it when I'm dead & gone.

29. papastoyss

papastoyss

I'm a dummy & can't post pics . Denise , if you see this & can find them post the pics you made of my small toy collection.

30. lone wolf

lone wolf

here some i have.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]