Register now to get rid of these ads!

How a differential works

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by h2omonkey, Aug 22, 2009.

1. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Found this on utube, very informative

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4JhruinbWc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4JhruinbWc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Cool! I love old stuff like this.

3. Did you use 10 fingers to type that? :rolleyes: I hear you, they can be a pain at times..

Now, back to the movie; I've seen that before but was happy to see it again. I could watch industrial tutorials like that all day long. Thanks for posting.

4. DrJ

DrJ

Where did they get those big tinker toys? ;)

I guess the O-SHit-A comment was about the runners risking getting run over if they fell off the front of the log roll?

I could have done with a bit less of the formation stunt bike riding, but the rest was good high school shop stuff.

Where's one on real limited slip Diffs?

5. squirrel

squirrel

I like the torque-tube-thru-the-body picture. I guess they didn't realize how big the driveshaft hump would be in the future...even WITH hypoid gears....

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Proof that Chevy invented the 'Rat Rod', I knew there was a reason I was a Ford man!!:D

Great video though, too bad these days kids still wouldn't understand it. They would be wondering why Brad Pit didn't narrate it and why they didn't mention Paris Hilton!:rolleyes:

Doc.

7. trad27

trad27

very cool, thanks for posting. I want to see one on the Sturmey & Archer 3 speed bicycle hubs from the 50's, I have a couple laying around and I cant figure them out.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  8. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla