Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Chauvin Emmons gone....RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Just got off the phone with Doug Jerger (Squeeg's Kustoms).

Longtime friend to the Jergers, Chauvin Emmons has passed away. Chauvin was prepping his car for Bonneville when he apparently fell off the trailer and broke his leg, the break caused another complication (infection) which ended his life.

His son will drive the car out of respect to his dad.

A real innovator and hot rod pioneer.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355090&highlight=chauvin

2. Always like his forward thinking.
    Sad to hear.
    God bless him and his family

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

HUGE loss... Man...

4. Jeez, sorry I jinxed him in that other thread. I was just looking at his 89 AMBR winner a few minutes ago! :(

5. Huge loss for the LSR community and hot rodding in general.

6. Church

Church
    from South Bay

RIP. Hope the kids kick ass on the salt.

7. Very sad news.....

8. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

Sad news. He was one of the best. R.I.P.

9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Man, that is bad newa. Chauvin was certainly one of the great builders of our, or any, time. He thought about things that he wanted to build and went ahead and built them. The fit and finish were the best. The engineering was the best. Simply put, he was the best. I'm very sorry he is gone...

10. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Sad news indeed. RIP.

11. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Condolences to his family.
    Hope they go fast and stay safe.

12. rick finch

rick finch

RIP Chauvin...innovator and free thinker...sad, so close to Bonneville Speedweek.:(

13. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

A true genius of the hot rod world - though somewhat unknown.
    I just loved his Indy influenced 60's rods and was only just recently made aware of his more current projects. Bummer!

Best wishes to his family and God's speed.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a loss, his efforts were some of the first I really followed when I was a lot younger.
    One of the real original thinkers in the rodding world. For me just seeing his name on the cover of a new magazine or in the index meant stop everything and see what he had done this time.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

15. jpm49c

jpm49c

Sorry to hear this! RIP. The first time i saw him was at the 1964 Winternationals at Beeline Dragway in Scottsdale.
    Here's a picture of him with the "Dead End Kid" AA/FD from Brooklyn NY at that meet.
    Left-right: Joe Anahory, Rocky Gambino, Dale Gratham, driver Red Lang, Chauvin Emmons, and Murray Razon. Bill Turney & Bloom photo.
    He will be missed!

Attached Files:

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

jpm49c, that's a great promo piece from KRIZ....awesome, thanks.

Chauvin's mission this year was to UP his own LONG standing speed record - badass.

17. Thats sad news, I have admired Chauvin,s radical stuff for a very long time.

18. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Only met him a few times but lord what a bigger than life character !! Full bore ,pedal to the metal !! RIP

19. [​IMG]
    C. Emmons ... current record holder in A/FMR (302.892 mph) & C/BFMR (269.865 mph).

RIP Chauvin ...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That sucks. We seem to be loosing our hot rod heros here in phoenix at rather fast pace lately. He was one hell of a guy.

21. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

RIP .. CE ..you will be missed by all of drag racing.

22. Anybody know if he was related to Don Emmons who used to be on Rod & Custom staff?

23. redo32

redo32

I got some of my '60's Hot Rod mags out of the attic this morning, searching for any GNRS coverage that might show my 3 window. I came across the feature of Chauvin's injected, Indy nosed T. spent some time admiring the engineering and craftmanship. On my one trip to El Mirage there was an accident, a blue roadster got off course & plowed through a portable toilet. No one was hurt & somebody mentioned that Chauvin was the driver. If that was true .. imagine the stores the old timers tell about that. RIP

24. Executionersrt4

Executionersrt4

His team will still be going and his son will be driving. Anyone who wants to stop by th pits and pay their respects is more that welcome to do so. We will be in #428 on track side by Freddie Danzenfeller. RIP

25. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Our prayers are with you..

26. Don was a great person I only met him at his shop here in Phoenix 10 years ago or so and he talked to me like he knew me forever. I had him do some machining on my V12 Lincoln block. A few days later Don called me to tell me he was done with the work. I stopped by the shop to pick up the block and as I was loading it in the back of my truck he handed over a picture of his Bonneville car he had build. I was at the shop and gave me a tour of the machine shop which included a few more of his Hot Rods .Don also autograph this picture for me way cool REST IN PEACE DON YOU ARE THE GREATEST.

Thanks
    Frenchy

27. One of the good 'uns. RIP

28. Mike

Mike

Rats.

R.I.P., Chauvin.

29. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Just heard about Chauvin. Another 'one of a kind' and nice guy is gone from the ranks of the Greats of the Sixties. I first met Chauvin at Beeline and then when he stopped by Valley Speed Center to order parts and play a game of horses with Becker, China, Dave Beck and others who have also passed from our midst. Rest in Peace, Chauvin.

Great JR Bloom photo.

Ernest McIntyre