Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thank You (Hambandys Dad)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dunnie, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Dunnie

Dunnie

As I write this to all Hamb members worldwide I cannot help to think how much all of you meant to Andy.You all were his inpiration to fight this dreadful disease for as long as he did. His younger friends (locally) faded away as he got sicker and he couldnt go out to hang with them anymore.He couldnt go in his garage and work on things that meant alot to him because of his eye and alot of times he would cry because people couldnt understand what he was saying so he didnt talk much last goin off.When I had to work he stayed in his room alot with his computer and watched you guys all day long talking about your love for traditional rods and customs. You all became his teachers and friends everyday and nite.I will never forget the last movie he wanted to watch.(American Graffiti) He use to say that one day he wanted to be just like Milner.The nite before he died he wanted a wash from head to toe and asked me for baby powder.Then he told me to comb his hair back like Milners.After I did this he looked in the mirror and said "Im good now Dad".We walked from the bathroom past the window upstairs ,he stopped and looked out the window at the garage where his car was ,turned to me and put his thumb up and whispered "Good Times Dad". I said Yes and when you get better we will be out there again. He knew alot more than me about what was coming down. I carried him back to his bedroom sat him in his chair and gave him his pills as he took his last look at all his hamb buddies.He signed off and said im ready now.I put him in the bed and tucked him in. He pated me on back as I hugged him and he said dont worry Dad everthing is going to be o.k. He smiled and closed his eyes. The next morning when I went in his room he looked at me kinda different.As I knelt by his bed to see how he was and said ("im dying dad)and I knew then that the nite before all made sense in what he was doin and sayin to me. I told him it was o.k and that I understood and I told him that I was proud of him and that he never let me down. He looked at me and smiled.His mother told him the same thing.I called his brother at work. He waited for his older brother to come home. When Matt came he knelt by his brothers bed and said "Andy, I dont want to see you suffer anymore its o.k, Matt understands",Andy looked at us and closed he eyes.I had to let you know this as you all are his family too.Rosanne ,Matt and Myself Thank each and everyone one of you for all youve done for Andy and us as a family.The parts,labour,gifts and money you gave helped fulfill his dream of owning a Hotrod and the money will completly pay for his headstone and footing.We are forever grateful to you all.You Gave him more with your Love and Support than you will ever know.I Know because I was with him. Thank You all and God Bless you all. Dunnie

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow I myself am very moved right now.

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Man, I'm totally speechless.

4. Tony

Tony

Dunnie...Thank you for sharing that with us. I can say i'm a bit choked up after reading that as i'm sure most will be, and truly at a loss for words.
    Andy live's on in all of us..He was/is a special kid.

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Oh my.......what a guy Hamb Andy. I'm bawling like a baby. Thank you Chris for letting us share him with your family. Some people wouldn't understand.

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I never knew him or atlked to him but read alot that was posted on him and his life and as i sat here and read this i am crying like a baby!!!! From what i have seen on here and read i can't help but think that everyone on this board thought as much of him as he did of everyone here!!! I am sorry if i am stepping on anyones toes but i would not know what to do without my son. You are truely stronger than I as i don't know if i could go on without my son!

7. Huntfamily53

Huntfamily53
    from AZ

wow...great kid...sorry for your loss. It moved me big time to read this. I couldn't imagine losing a child and I echo the comments above. God bless your family!

8. rick finch

rick finch

Wow, thanks for sharing that with us...I'm glad I was able to contribute to a good cause.

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Its so sad he was way to young. I say this with tears and a big lump in my throat.

10. 6inarow

6inarow

I wish I could say something to lift your spirits. Godspeed, sir

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

It is the deeds, and the strength. That andy showed all of us. That will make us all better people, and a tighter family. And I feel he knew that...John

12. Crestliner

Crestliner

Andy made the HAMB a better place. I for one,checked for threads from or about him every day. We as you miss him very much. God had a reason for taking him, and i'm sure it was a special one. Your family should be proud of the tough young man you had in your life.

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I couldn't read it all .....................made it half way threw..........that was it.....

14. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

15. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow, I'm a bit choked up too. Andy was an inspiration, what a courageous little guy. Kinda puts things in perspective, there are more important things in life than the nonsense we get worked up over everyday. Thanks so much for sharing that with us

16. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you for posting that, Dunnie. I'd say more but for some reason I can't see the screen very well right now.

17. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Thank you for sharing. . .God bless you and your family

18. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Man I just cried a little bit... Rad kid and awesome family!

19. OSchlab

OSchlab
    from Omaha

Kind of puts life in perspective, dont it?

Omar

20. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Thanks for sharing!

very humbling! your son's strength and downright pure goodness is something all of us should strive to acheive. very inspirational. He will be missed.....

21. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

sad to lose him, I am glad that he was able to fulfill some of his dreams before he had to go.

22. brainfrz

brainfrz

Thank you for sharing his last hours with us.

23. butch27

butch27

God be with your family.

24. ratster

ratster

i don't kno what to say, i've been in your shoe's. i'm gonna go cry for a while. Andy will be missed by us, thats for sure. REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.

25. 53chevy

53chevy

As much as the HMAB meant to Andy, he has personally meant allot to me. I feel fortunate to know a very courageous and inspirational young man. Thank You, a Hero in my Heart..........

Ken

26. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Andy made the HAMB a special place. Thank you for sharing his story with us. It brought a tear to my eye.

27. sololobo

sololobo

Dunnie, Thanks for letting us be part of your family. Andys sweet smile was very inspiring and we were blessed to able to bring that smile out! His memorial sticker is proudly displayed on my ride. I am sure you find strength in knowing others cared so much. Love from the Midwest. ~Sololobo~

28. me too and I dont really know what to say or even how to respond.
    I'm sorry I didnt get to meet him.
    Rest in Peace Andy

29. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Speechless.... thank you and God Bless you and your family God Speed Andy

30. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Words cannot ever express the sorrow that you must feel. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Thank you for sharing this will all of us.