Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody have some pics of this incredible 49 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

don't have a way to post a pic on here, but i'm hoping someone can help me out with the little bit of info i do have on this beautiful 49 chevy,,,,,,it's in the magazine "customs illustrated",,vol 1, no 2, top left corner of p.22, viva las vegas coverage,,,,,anyone have more pics and/or info on this car,,,,,the proportions are perfect,,,,,,,it's gotta be my favorite chevy ever...the caption says the car was built at the drag n shop in whittier, ca by david garcia. it's owned by jesus valencia of pomona, ca.....i think this car was in a light purple primer before it's current paint job, if it's the same car i think it is,,,,any additional pictures and info will be greatly appreciated,,,,

2. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

3. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Hey Kustombuilder,
    this is one of my favorite Chevy's too.The car simply looks unbelievable good.I also tried to get more info regarding this
    car but all I've got are these pics.The Draggin Shop also is responsible for a very good looking '51 Ford,'41 Buick and a very smooth looking Kaiser.Maybe even some more.I already tried to locate the owner/builder just to let him know how MUCH I like his work but without any success.The lines and flow of his cars are perfect,so is the stance and fit of tires in the wheelwells.I really like tall WWW's.I spent hours watching his cars in magazines and I didn't know at that time,but I already thought that these cars may be build by the same guy.All have the same vibe.Less is more.Beautifil sleds !
    [​IMG]

4. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

The sectioned trunk lid,the extended quarter panels,tail lights in bumber guards.All this really makes it flow.WOW !!!
    [​IMG]

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

BEAUTIFUL !!!
    [​IMG]

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Taildragger !
    [​IMG]

7. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

The interior is as cool as the exterior.
    [​IMG]

8. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

9. 133

here's another....

Attached Files:

10. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Beautiful pic !
    [​IMG]

11. 133

and another. i really like this car too. looks awesome.

Attached Files:

12. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Maybe it's even interesting to see his other creations.I got many pics of these cars but I only post one of each because you asked for pics of the '49 Chevy.
    First the hardtopped '51 Ford.So cool...
    [​IMG]

13. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Okay,another detail shot of th Shoebox Ford.I really dig the rear end treatment and especially the "one-piece-fender-skirts" cleverly joined to the body and hidden by the side moldings.Wow,wow,wow...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

The Kaiser and the Buick.Okay,no more other cars.I really like
    the look of your chopjob too and like other people already mentioned,the small back window is very good looking,it simply belongs there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. I also search for more info about a hardtopped Shoebox Ford on these pages and I wish somebody would post some pics like I did now but for some reason nobody seems to know this sled...

15. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Here's a sweet slammed Cheby that I saw at Pomona in January...

16. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

From the front....

17. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Oh...I just saw the original poster of this topic is kustom7777.I was referring to the chopjob on Kustombuilder's Chevy who also posted some info.Sorry guys for mixing up.

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

WOWWWWW!! thanks for posting all those pictures...that chevy is just beautiful, no matter what angle you view it from,,,,,,,the kaiser and the buick are amazing too,,,,,man,did the same guy build them all??,,,looks like he definitely has a style all his own,,,,,,those pictures are great,,,,i hope all the kustom guys on the board get to see these cars,,,,,,,,,anybody know how to contact the builder?...i'd love to find out more.....

19. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man,,,i cant get enough of that car...The quality of work is amazing!..I kept going back and looking at the pics of it in the mags too..The Fleetline is off the hook as well!

The builder is def. in a class of his own!!

Dirty

20. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Not to Hijack but lets see the buick too. I like this guys work.

21. 1EVIL51

1EVIL51
    BANNED

That Chevy is from the DragN shop. They are all members of the Zombies car club. That whole family is talented! Joseph and David SR did the body work on that car, and David who goes under DA does alot of art related stuff(unbelievable pinstriper). If you want I can forward you a bunch of photo's of that car and their info [​IMG]

22. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]
    WOWWWWW!! thanks for posting all those pictures...that chevy is just beautiful, no matter what angle you view it from,,,,,,,the kaiser and the buick are amazing too,,,,,man,did the same guy build them all??,,,looks like he definitely has a style all his own,,,,,,those pictures are great,,,,i hope all the kustom guys on the board get to see these cars,,,,,,,,,anybody know how to contact the builder?...i'd love to find out more.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you like the pics.Yes,I also would like to know more about the builder.Maybe we should found a fan club. [​IMG]
    I'll be the president of the german chapter. [​IMG]

23. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]
    Not to Hijack but lets see the buick too. I like this guys work.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here are some pics of the Buick.
    [​IMG]

24. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

25. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]
    That Chevy is from the DragN shop. They are all members of the Zombies car club. That whole family is talented! Joseph and David SR did the body work on that car, and David who goes under DA does alot of art related stuff(unbelievable pinstriper). If you want I can forward you a bunch of photo's of that car and their info [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE go ahead and post as many pics and info as you can !!!
    It's GREATLY appreciated !!!
    THANK YOU !!!

26. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

27. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Another pic of the Ford.I heard the car now is painted blue.
    [​IMG]

28. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Another very cool looking dashboard out of the DragN Shop.
    [​IMG]

29. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Also a So-Cal sled.I think not from the DragN Shop but similar vibe.Body mods to die for...
    [​IMG]

30. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

And just to keep Kustom7777 happy,another one of the Chevy. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As mentioned earlier,I love these sleds and hopefully we'll see some more pics and even more important,get more info regarding the builders.