Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Ultimate Road Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. ryno

ryno

diffently a top story for me also.

3. Well said Ryan,I enjoyed reading there story all last week here at work,I also am jealous as hell.

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Hell Yes! And they are a couple of the Nicest people you could meet!

5. I agree.. trip of a lifetime. I also liked that they camped, and ate ham and cheese... I would have to do that too to keep the cost down...

6. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Yeah...I agreee Ryan...I'm friggin jealous...thats the way to do it...awesome trip!

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those two definitely are what it's about. Across country in a roadster and enjoying every minute of it. Like she said, it's the trip of a lifetime but for those two is more like one of many to come. Rad.

8. Theirs was a most cool and well documented road trip. As I followed along with the dialog and pics I found myself thinking of being in several of the same spots. They missed a few forays into some pretty incredible areas along the way, but the days could have stretched into weeks if they would have tried to see everything. I guess you have to save something for the next time.

Being youngsters helped, with the stamina and high level of excitement, I'm sure.

Megan and Matt are two of our favorite folks and Vicki and I are pleased to count them as friends.

9. Their story was exceptionally good. Well done, and thanks, Ryan, for highlighting it. It makes me wonder what my excuse is. Go hit the road and do it.

Pete

10. :eek:Count me in there for jealous....Every time we get to run into Megan, she in off on a new adventure....:rolleyes:Since we did the cross country thing in a newer vehicle....at least we could relate to that part of their experience.....would have loved to be doing it in our 31'........ugh.....nevermind....:eek:

11. cruzr

cruzr

Ryan, There trip is what Hot rodding is really all about. I have had the pleasure of meeting them both{Megan several times}. When i saw Megans thread it really all came into place,even though they had verbally told me parts of it. Jealous.........Hell ya, who wouldnt be. 32gal and I have talked about such a venture,will we ever??? But dam i would sure like to!!!

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Glad you posted this, Ryan. One hell of a road trip, indeed!

Megan did a great job documenting it and certainly gives the rest of us ideas of places to stop on future travels.

I happened to be going the opposite way through Colorado when they were going out to the Roadster Show, and got a quick photo of them on I70-- :)
    [​IMG]

Malcolm

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

makes me anxious for the trip becky and i are planning for next summer.

speedweek, nosurf's, and the hamb drags in a '55 t-bird.

i have never wanted a year to go by so quickly so bad...

14. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

My sentiments exactly!

15. These road trip posts are possibly the best read Ive had in ages. Lost a whole evening last week reading all 3.
    Fantastic

16. It is so cool to see people getting out and enjoying life, this is such a great country with so much to see. This is the kind of good times good people have. We are surrounded by so much negativity, it is refreshing to read a story like this. Hot Rod heroes for sure! 2 friends and a roadster and wide open hiway, it's gotta be fun!

17. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yep

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Franco likes that thread so much because he drives the shit outta everything he's ever owned !

19. Great story and great people who made the trip. :)

20. havi

havi

Wow! For awhile I was living vicariously through Matt and Megan. Beats my ho-hum daily grind by far!
    Phartman had it right, and I have no excuse neither.

21. Great story. It'd doesn't get any better or more American than hitting the road. That's gotta be the ultimate trip. Seeing the USA in a Hot Rod with a hot blond. :D
    Lucky kids.
    I did it on motorcycles for years and once for 6 weeks/6000 miles in my old Boss 302 when I was 19. Easy Rider and Born to be wild. My mantra.;)

22. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

This is what we all talk about doing but never do. It is nice to live it through stories like Megans & Denise here on the HAMB! They both do an awesome job.

23. Met Megan with Denise and Oldbobsign a couple summers back as they passed through here. She is a true hot rod girl that knows how to live the life!

24. woodbox

woodbox

H.A.M.B. LEGENDS!
    I always look forward to your 'drivng season' and stories from Chevygirlrox and Hotrodladycruizer like this one and the 'Salt cured HAMB tour etc etc. Maybe Ryan could start a Road trip area or thread clasification to make them easier to find in the future.
    Keep em coming ladies, always a good read!

25. Great read...great pix...great people having a great time...I'm jealous and happy for them at the same time...way to go guys

26. Kettleman

Kettleman

Great Story and great pics!

27. Yes - its a great thread, and terrific photos - but I think you are burying the real story here...

You and Franco and Silva and Joyo were drinking Mango/Banana Margaritas??!!

say it ain't so!

28. autobilly

autobilly

Chevy Girl rocks!

29. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

How in the heck did you miss it? It was so awesome, even a blind man could have seen it. You must have been hitting those margaritas pretty hard. :D

30. Loved all three threads. Awesome.