Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ooh, The Horror... My '36 Coupe...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Enbloc, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Well you've all seen the car before but the difference is its now in a different country and mine!

I bought Mike's (Myke) unfinished 3W.

I'd like to thank Mike for all his hard work after selling me the car. From paperwork to packing to dealing with the shippers, he never complained once!

It finally arrived after every hold up possible.
    From paperwork to haulage to the boat not being able to dock.

I nearly fell over when sorting out the paperwork I was asked if mine was the blue one or the grey?
    "huh?"
    "Is there another one?"
    "Two '36 coupes have arrived in the same container"

More on that one later..

Luckily there was no damage from the shipping but the bastards stole my steering wheel!! :eek:

Pictures loading it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its all a little daunting as I've never had a project this big before and is a real change of pace from Banger powered Model A's.

If you compare the pictures of it now to before you can see how the sea air has done the bare metal areas no favours at all.

Pictures in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the other '36.

The eagle eyed ones among you with good memories will remember this car from the HAMB classifieds.

Its now here in England as well, but a mystery to who owns it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    reagen likes this.
  2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I'm glad you got it Clark!
    ...now get to work!! :)

3. Already started...:D

4. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

in that next to the last picture , that car was setting in some deep water somewhere.

5. Wow, I wanted that car soooo bad...even though I have no money :D Good buy man!

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

congratulations on a cool car with lots of potential,,,LOVE 36 3 windows,,i WILL have a 36 one day.........

7. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Looks like they were both in the same depth water too. Look at the same mark on the sidewall of the rear tire in the third picture.

Fricken great potential. Congrats!

8. PoPo

PoPo

I wanted that chopped 5 window also, well and that 3 window too. but I'm with Chris on the no money thing! lol

Glad to see that guy finally sold it, been for sale for a long time.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Send them back!!!!! Preacher's '36 five window was a hell of a deal and I can't believe that someone did not step up and get it sooner.

As far as your 3 window (Myke's old car), don't even get me started. That car has so much going for it already. Like I said, send them back please.

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffrey, We're coming to TAKE ALL your old Fords and anything else thats fuckin' COOL! Clark damn FINE '36, I look forward to the build on here and on else where!;)'36s have to be one of the BEST lookin' fat fender Fords there is.

Nick.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What's mine is staying mine. You'll have to pry them from my dead arms!!!!:D:D:D This fucking exchange rate is killing the U.S.'s collection for real. I am glad to see cars going over to the UK so that you guys can have some of your own but not the really cool ones....I thought the plan was to sell you guys all the four doors and rat rods.:D:D

You guys for the most part are doing them justice. Every time I see a European thread I get excited because you fellers know how to treat and old car. That '36 will probably be nothing short of astonishing.

12. Nice one Clark!!

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Bloody R#t R#ds you can fucking well keep 'em!:DI'm on me way with my pry-bar as we speak to pry that 5 window from y'!;) Jeffery at the end of the day, we have you guys to THANK for starting this thing we love so much!:)I think too that this '36 we be amazing!

Nick.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Looks like Jesse chopped that blue one. :)

The grey car is bitchin... Really nice proportions and I love the hood sides.

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I love Myke's old car....great chop.........

The blue one..........errr.......not so much, but still wouldn't give it back...haha!

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You would have to know where it is first......oh wait. I would have to know where it is too!! Havn't seen it yet. I hear it somewhere on the East Coast or will be there soon.:eek::eek::eek:

The blue one was pretty cool even though I would have not chopped a 5 window. It was a really good price especially after PREACHER but the car together again pretty much. Either or I still would give my pinky toe for a '36 whether it's a 3 or 5 window.

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffrey, I really do like '36's, but if I'm giving body parts away to get one then it has to be a '40 deluxe Coupe, They make me do a funny wee in me pants!!!:D:eek:

Nick.

18. poorboy

poorboy

awesome! i love 36 Fords!

19. bonesy

bonesy

I always thought your new 3w had great lines. Post progress shots/ info - I can't wait to see it come along.

20. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

21. hvychvy

hvychvy

Killer 3-winder,I also Likes Preachers,and couldn't believe it was for sale so long.Congrats on the new purchase,and keep us updated:)

22. As Clark has the 3 window you know it's gona end up right.......his A was just so perfect.and the exchange rate has dropped big time..this time last year I wus gettin $1.96 to £1 now it's down to $1.50.....which just means I won't buy any less just I'm gona spend more when I have my holidays in California this year!!!!and as far as us stealing away all your cool cars.....you have far too many cool cars to start with and there has been pleanty of Pops (Angilas) going your way too. If the exchange rate keeps going your way there'll be a bunch of our cool cars coming back to you as well I should think!!

23. the 5 window has gone to one of the Originals oop in Yorkshire apparently!

24. verr1908

verr1908
    from england

Yes the car is in Yorkshire ,but all you guy,s talking about how great the body is should see the body after 6000 miles on the ocean when the body was not braced very well , just look at the photos ,all patch panals held on with rivets (great body ) but as the old saying goes buyer beware ,He paid is money so he will have to sort it out

25. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Nice chop on the 3 window.

26. Nice 3W, going to be a great motor

27. Any of you brits want a '66 caddy? I want to start an older project

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks really good, it has the look of greatness about it. Awesome stance.

29. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

so they jacked your steering wheel? what did they say? um, sorry? congrats on the car. what are your plans?

30. Beautiful 3W reminds me of the Pierson Bros car