Register now to get rid of these ads!

'57 Chevy accident Friday 6/17

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57olds, Jun 27, 2009.

1. 57olds

57olds
    from ohio

A friend sent me this.
    That's the end of that nice '57. Accident friday 6/17 at 301 & Acton Ln/ the 57 had a green light!

<!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]-->

Accident in Waldorf last week

Attached Files:

2. chevyshack

chevyshack

Poor belair. Hopefully who ever was driving the camaro had insurance. Id buy a fatman frame and redue the 57 better than new.

3. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

Wow that 57 is buckled every where.

4. SOHC427

SOHC427

How sad, makes you want to keep the cars off the road. I hope he is able to repair the old girl.

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hope the people are O.K..........that looks pretty serious.

6. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I hope the dent on the roof is where he bounced the Camaro guys head.

At least it doesn't look like the windshield is shattered from where I sit. That makes me hope he didn't impale on the steering wheel. Rough way to end.

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

man thats rough. likewise i hope everyone is ok.

8. sure hate seeing that stuff. even though a classic was totaled i sure hope everyone is ok.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

takes a lot of force to smash up real metal like that. that sucks. hope the peeps are alright.

10. Wicked50

Wicked50

How FAST were they driving to push the front end that far back?

11. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

12. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Ouch, thats too bad, cars are NEVER the same after the get wrecked!

13. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Hope 2 C it back on the road.

On the "Camaro " S Dime:D.

Just as long as noBODY got hurt. I bet someone will be pay n closer attention when they Drive.

What U think New trick out Frame. All new frt clip stamped out of TIWAN:mad::(:mad::( METAL.
    Bet it wont B Cheap put n it back 2gether.

14. Skrayp

Skrayp

Bring it to me, I can fix it.

15. Number one is the people, hope they all are ok.
    I think about stuff like this when ever I look at my all steel dash and non
    collapsing steering wheel, Glad I put in seat belts but I still drive more cautious then I would have in the same car 40 years ago. padded dashes and air bags make you feel
    dangerously safe, cars today are just as deadly but in a more sutle way.
    again hope all the people are ok. Car looks bad but repairable.

16. That accident was in Waldorf, Md. for those who may have not known where Waldorf is located. Newspaper indicated that both parties survived but were transported with some serious injuries. That particular area is extremely congested and very dangerous. Coincidently, just a few days later, about 30 miles away, in Crofton, Md., a 73 yr. old gentleman was killed in a '36 Ford (no indication in the paper as to whether it was a hot rod or not) when a 19 yr. old driver in an import crossed the center line and struck him head-on. Be careful out there. There's an awful lot of "distracted" drivers on the roads.....Don.

17. Wow! For not having a crumple zone, that 57 really crumpled.

18. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Actually probably only 30 or so would probably do it
    I had heard that back in the 60's 567's were a joke if anyone ran them in a demo derby, because they folded up so fast.

regardless of that too bad for all involved, and us to have to see another one destroyed.:(

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Good point. I wonder where the drivetrain ended up? Those things hurt when they enter a passenger compartment.

20. Sad, but fixable.

I hope the folks involved get over their injuries quickly.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Wow Chevyshack...I figured YOU would know that wasn't a Bel Air...it's simply a two-ten with Bel Air trim, look at the short trim just below the windows...NOTE: there is no complete trim around the side windows...and all '57 Bel Air two doors had trim all around the side windows.

I'd bet the car is fixable...hope the people in the car are as well...

R-

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man thats an ugly scene .I have been in some fender benders with my old cars (theres lots of idiots on the streets nowdays) ,but nothing that serious ...

23. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

LSD for breakfast this morning?
    There's no way in hell the front bumper on a '57 Chevy will look like that after hitting a plastic Camaro at 30mph.

Brad

24. Just what I was thinking...
    Stuffed the whole front rearward 3-4 feet? They were moving all right...no incinuating that they were speeding, but that isn't a 30 mph impact. Physics is still physics.

Just because a car has plastic for its outer sking doesn't mean there isn't a tough HSS space frame immediately underneath...

25. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hope everyone was ok, the fiddie seven was done up right...kind of hoping someone on this site will know the owner

26. Yeah...the '57 was moving alright. The speed limit there on 301 is 50mph, and I bet they were going close to that. I have seen some bad accidents in Waldorf, MD before. It's a bedroom community (or has become one) for the ever-growing Washington, DC. Hwy 301 is packed full of stoplights, strip malls, and the pre-requisite idiots. A few years back, I saw a terrible accident where you turn to go to Budd's Creek Raceway (down by La Plata) - same thing as the pictures... beautiful Impala heading N. on 301, and some doofus turned right in front of him. They had to life-flight the people in to DC.

27. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Sad deal. Hope they had seat belts on...

28. Anybody on here know the owner of the '57 and can update us on his condition?

29. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

hope the guy in the 57 survived, fuck the fag in the trans-maro-irocua-z-bird turd. (camaro)

30. oldsman71

oldsman71

hope they are ok!!