Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage DFW and area members --SWAP MEET 6-27/28TH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=maintext><TABLE id=table1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="92%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">18th ANNIVERSARY MEET

At La Grave Field

June 27th & 28th

• One of the largest old car events in the southwest!
    • Over 2000 spaces filled with 100's of cars & 1,000's of parts.
    • Free Public admission
    • Food & drink rights reserved (food for personal use only!)
    • PARKING- The Fort Worth Cats charge for V.I.P. parking, at the stadium parking lot on Saturday.

D/FW Swap Meet is not affiliated with this or receive any compensation for it. Free parking
      is available on the streets around the swap meet.
    Upcoming Meets:

• "Summer Meet" June 27th & 28th
    • "Fall Meet" October 24th &25th
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=footerleft><!--webbot bot="Include" u-include="include_copyright.htm" tag="BODY" startspan -->Earhart Productions © 2009 <!--webbot bot="Include" i-checksum="31366" endspan --></TD><TD class=footerright><!--webbot bot="Include" u-include="include_footer.htm" tag="BODY" startspan -->Home • About Us • Location • Accommodations • Registration • Contact<!--webbot bot="Include" i-checksum="41980" endspan --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WWW.DEANEARHART.COM

I do know one thing.. forecast is HOT !
    Do not have a heat stroke :eek:

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

Bass will be there scoring all the deals again ;)

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I will be out in the heat Saturday selling my stuff.

4. mow too much

mow too much

A couple of buddies and myself are coming down Saturday mourning, its a good meet.

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Ha! I see my reputation has proceeded me!

I'll be out there early as usual, but unfortunately I left most of my money in LA at the Roadster Show last weekend. :eek:

6. 214satindoll

214satindoll

What time does it open?

7. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I will be out there with my girlfriend selling Saturday and Sunday. I will have a cooler full of cold water for any HAMBrs that want to stop by. Look for the big overgrown hillbilly with the big mustache wearing a sleeveless fire department shirt selling out of the back of a white Toyota pickup.

8. Big Dad

Big Dad

It is open and going ..And, as I said --It is one HOT MO-FO there
    took a hour stroll and had to leave

Be careful in this heat everyone, it can get you fast :(

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I went this morning and didn't find anything but some cut-off wheel discs from the tool guy. Kinda disappointing.

It was probably the hottest weather of any swap meet I've ever been to...at least in recent memory. No breeze and a lot of humidity plus 100 degree temperatures and pavement equals HOT.

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

It will be open as soon as the sun comes up. I got out there this AM at 6:30 to get set up. Called it quits about 4:30. Gonna get there at sunup tomorrow again and see how long I can last.

11. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

It is hot.

That is about all I can say....also I do know it is completly sold out. Not everyone is there today (Fri.) but should be filled up quite nice on Sat.

12. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

I will be on row 18 with a bunch of old bicycles and a white canopy top, come by and get some shade and some water cause it was HOT HOT HOT today.

I sat under the canopy all day and walked about 20 minutes and still got BURNED

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Left at 11:50 my trucks outside temp gauge showed it was 103 sold almost everything before 11:00 not bad for half a day.

14. mow too much

mow too much

We got down there about 9 walked through twice and left at 1:30, pretty hot on the OL parking lot. Thanks LOBUCROD for the bottle of water. :D

15. mow too much

mow too much

I forgot to say , did anyone notice the old 50s speed boat with the V-8 60 in it on the far south row, it was to neat for words, but lived a hard life.

16. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i saw that boat listed on c-list. looked like a real neat project, but not for 5k. the trailer was cool too.

17. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I meant to go but had enough of the heat, played softball Tuesday and Thursday during the day and had enough...

at 68 yrs, the heat seems to be giving me more of a problem then in the past.. I usually enjoy being out side but..

I am even thinking about having someone install me an automatic in my ride and replace the muncie four speed... I must be losing my mind....lol

glad you all enjoyed the meet and sold a few parts, ever one comes out in the end on that deal.

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I saw it come by on its way out. Cool old boat. I forgot my camera so hopefully somebody else took a pic of it to share.

19. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I bought a ton of good stuff, and sold very little stuff. We packed it up at 10 this morning. No one was shopping today.

20. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

heres the pics he had on craigslist...i want it, but not that much..

Attached Files: