Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Michigan nostalgia drags Milan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ftroop, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Milan Dragway has asked me to help them out with there Nostalgia event Sept 26 2009. There are going to be Gassers, funny cars ect. What would you guys think about a HAMB grudge class. This could be set times during the event the HAMB members could race one another, and not have to get paired up with a "64 Mustang". The group could have a designated parking area as well. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
    Steve Timoszyk

2. Sounds like a great idea. I would love to see a bunch of HAMBERs out there mixing it up. I also would appreciate not having to run against a '68 Camaro with all the modern go-fast crap.

Just old rods kickin' it old school - what could be better?

Please keep us posted!!!

3. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

That sound very cool!!
    -Gary

4. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

I can provide massive photo coverage. Bring them Hamb rides and I'll shoot them up big time. You never know what will show up in Hot Rod Deluxe.
    Mike TPG

5. greenracing

greenracing
    from NE Ohio

Steve -
    Is there any more information on this event other than "Nostalgia Race" in the schedule? Do they have classes, indexes, event format, etc. figured out yet?

Perry

6. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

7. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I like to see someone in Michigan jump on board with a nostalgia type event. I agree with a with daddy o's diner that racing against a tubbed Camaro is no fun. I hope they can make this work and turn it into a weekend event down the road. I remember back in the earlly 90's the had a nice nostalgia meet.

Jon

8. 65Riviera

65Riviera

i don't have a car ready, but i'd definitely go... i know there are plenty of traditional midwest rods out there...

9. isn't there something going on at the Gilmore that same day..
    as in a HAMB get together?

rick

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The day after, the 27th of Sept, there is a traditional hot rod and custom event at the Gilmore Museum with a special HAMB member parking.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355171&highlight=gilmore

Also that weekend is both the James Dean Run and Ducktail Run in Gas City/Fairmount, IN.

Not sure if any of these will have any efffect on the others.

I have made the decision to attend the RM Auction at the Petersen Museum that weekend so I won't even be here in Michigan to do anything BUT will still help organize the HAMB area parking at Gilmore and keep everyone up to date on that.

11. Hemiwillys

Hemiwillys

Steve,
    Looking foreword to it. Hope to bring 5 or 6 Canadian Gassers with me .

Nelson

12. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

That would be Awesome Steve. I'll be there with Chett and the Psyco Stripper. PM me I'll give you hand since I won't be racin'

13. So many things going on, but I am going to look at the calander and see if it is open...funny how the Hot Rod Runion and other large events cant figure out that nostalgia cars shouldn't be racing mustangs and camaros......

14. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Here's the flyer...swap meet too...

Attached Files:

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sounds like a blast, but....crap all kinds of things going on this weekend! Looking forward to the coverage.

16. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

SUNDAY is the rain date. 30% chance of precip.

17. cooljunk

cooljunk

Will be there with the Great Lakes Gassers.

18. cooljunk

cooljunk

Here are some shots from the event. We made it to the third round with some luck but the Falcon was slowing badly, from 11.60 to 11.99 at the end. Not shure what is going on, no strange noises. Will have to look into it this week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our delux accommodations
    [​IMG]

19. cooljunk

cooljunk

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thank you for posting your great photos

21. cooljunk

cooljunk

22. Hemiwillys

Hemiwillys

Great pics.

Thanks

23. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Thanks to the CanAm Gassers for puttin on a great show. I took my grandson, 4yrs old to the race and he lasted 7 1/2 hrs. which I thought was pretty good for his age. He knows 33 Willys and 40 Willys along with motors, blowers, wheelie's, burnouts, Funney cars and Dragsters. So it was great for him to actually see it live.
    Special thank to Chilly Willy driver for havin him sit it the car and the calender ya gave us, its going up in his room.
    We left the track and he lasted bout 3miles and he was out till we got home 2hrs later.
    I call him Hot Rod and at one point as we were sittin in the stands,over the PA they called hot rod to the lanes, he told me " Pa Pa there callin me" that made my day:D:D:D
    Doug

24. Hemiwillys

Hemiwillys

DOugG,

Passed this message to Chilly Willy... Made his day.

Glad you enjoyed the show. See you next year.

Nelson
    www.goneberserkracing.com

25. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Nelson, I'm the guy ya talked to bout a dare I say steel 33
    Doug

26. prtcleman

prtcleman
    from ontario

DOugG----I had to register to reply, and yes that Gone Biserk guy did tell me about your day and Im still laughing. Way to go in taking your son to a car show. Some things they`ll remember for the rest of their life. By the way you should check out my blog on my website. The pic is up with your son in the car. Click the link.. http://chillywillygasser.com/blog/ and read the story atached.. Thanks chilly willys.

27. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Chilly Willy:
    Holy Smokes I didn't know I look that young!!! Thanks. I'm just an old guy, the little one is my grand-son
    Doug

28. prtcleman

prtcleman
    from ontario

Forever Young.....................................