Register now to get rid of these ads!

'49 Ford COE Panel Delivery?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Abomination

Abomination

I saw this posted at FTE... and here's the link:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1227252169.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"...Really it's a one of a kind custom, the front half of the truck is a commercial '49 F-5 COE and the back half is a '49 F-1 Panel Delivery. The two halves were grafted together at the front pillars, even when you know where you can't tell. The body is mounted to an '85 Chevy 1/2 ton short bed regular cab chassis that was shortened 10". It has a SBC (mileage unknown) and turbo350 tranny, power brakes and power steering. The interior is 90's grey tweed, the upholstery is clean, presentable, and comfortable. The dash is '49 Ford with SW "Wings" gauges. The paint is a little faded but looks great from 8' away, the wheels are 15" steelie's, it has a 2" receiver tow hitch and wiring to the back bumper. The headlights are custom oversized and the grill is stainless (kinda' rare). She's not a "show truck", but it gets more attention than most of the trailer queens at the shows. It's also not my daily driver but I do drive it almost every day and it has the nicks and scratches to prove it. It's titles as a 1949 Ford Panel Delivery and has current Ca registration (title in hand). I bought it from a guy in Kansas City and drove it non stop to Livermore with no problems at all. Signage is vinyl so it won't be a problem removing it. Would be a great shop truck, or as advertising to support a unique business, or bag it and add some black 20" DIVCO or Military wheels?... or just leave it alone and enjoy."

2. Abomination

Abomination

3. Abomination

Abomination

THIS IS INFORMATIONAL, NOT SPAM! ;)

Keep in mind that I've removed most of the SPAMyness...

~Jason

4. HEY, I like it!!!

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its kind of toady ugly but its different i like it cool ride

6. Gambrinus

Gambrinus
    from Vette City

I think it's pretty cool. I LOVE the panel van out of a COE thing, but I wish they had put it on a heavier chassis. Like a 1 ton or something.

7. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto... I mean, at LEAST a 3/4 ton, you know? Something with 8-lug wheels and bad-ass OEM hubcaps. Maybe a couple of Dana 60s... LOL!

~Jason

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

OK, Photoshopper wanted, can some one swap out that cab for a 1940 cab?

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Always laughed at the ad for it in the goodguys gazette. It read "voted best car at back to the 50's"....which is a no-trophy show!

10. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

with all that work you would think they would have grafted in the smaller front wheel wells.

11. Looks Nice! I like it!

12. Weasel

Weasel

Here's the '38 Model spotted at the L.A. Roadster Show...;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Both are very cool.

14. Gambrinus

Gambrinus
    from Vette City

Now the second one is very cool. Two thumbs up!