Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show, June 20 Just North of Lansing, MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barz51, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Barz51

Barz51

Hey All,
    I PM'd several of you for last few years about the car show in St. Johns, MI. Every year for the last 14 years the high school auto program has hosted a car show to raise money for industrial/career education. Every year we have around 200-250 cars and about 2000 spectators throughout the course of the day. Registration for the show is 10.00 day of show and comes with a goody bag and dash plaque if you are in the first 300 registered. Admission for spectators is FREE!

Awards are given the following categories:
    Stock

1900-1949

1950-1959

1960-1965

1966-1972

1973-1983

1984-1994

1995-Up

Modified

1900-1934
    1935-1949

1950-1959

1960-1965

1966-1972
    1973-1983
    1984-1994

1995-Up

Trucks
    2x4 Stock
    2x4 Modified

4X4 Stock

4X4 Modified

Mini Trucks

Street Rod Truck
    (Pre '48)
    Ugly Truck

Specialty

55-57 Chevy
    53-09 Vette

Camaro

Mustangs

Imports

Tuners

Special Interest

Rat Rod

Some events throughout the day include:

[FONT=&quot]Muffler Rap
    Parade
    Piston Toss
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Pit Stop Contest
    Airbag Deminstration
    50-50 Drawings
    Flamethrowers
    Engine Blow Up Contest
    Door Prizes
    Goody Bags
    Model Car Show
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    LAWNMOWER RACING DEMO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ***FREE NSRA SAFETY INSPECTIONS***[/FONT]

The show is a fun, laid back day that ends with a short cruise/parade through town. We have had several HAMB'rs there over the past couple of years and they can attest it's a good time. If you do plan on coming or want more info just drop me a PM.

2. 4-pot

4-pot

Swap meet this year ?

3. Scott F.

Scott F.

I have a car...and it runs...so I think I'll be there. Fishslayer and I are planning on making it over. Should be a fun time. Hopefully I'll have the car lowered more by then.
    Scott

4. dart165

dart165

Thanks for the PM, i'll def try and make it out!

5. Barz51

Barz51

Sorry 4-Pot, no swap this year. I was in charge of the swap for the last few years and we had a good turnout of for a small show but I hated talking to them at the end of the day. It seems people were not really interested in buying much at the show. I hated talking to the vendors to find out they drove two hours and the only thing they sold was a T-shirt (to me).

Anyhow, it sounds like there are going to be quite a few HAMB'ers there. I'll figure out a good place for the HAMB cars to park and let you guys know.

Hey Scott, looking forward to seeing the car a little closer to the pavement!

6. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Bump...Cory, you know I'll be there. Everyone that makes it out there must give Cory a big congrats on his new son Max.

7. First I've heard about it, I'm gonna try & make it. No car yet but it sounds like fun.

8. Barz51

Barz51

It is a fun day.

Has anyone told you that you look like Walter Matthau?

9. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Sounds like a good time... I'd try to make it, but I'm already TRIPLE booked for that date!

10. Barz51

Barz51

Must be a popular date!

Hey Steve, I've still got that 360, still have yet to fire it up!

11. Reds 29

Reds 29

I'm planning on it as of right now. Are there any pinstripers going to be there? I need a stripe redone where I had to do some repair work.
    Red

12. Nobody ever told me that except Jack Lemmon. . .:rolleyes:

I might've missed it but where in St Johns? - the high school? I'm not familiar with the area except what's along 127.

13. What color and where is the stripe located? I plan to go an can bring my brushes. Will be working as a Safety inspector but can always find time to pull a line.

Tim

14. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I didn't realize that you were a safety inspector Tim... I should have you go over Plan B sometime to see if she can take the title of the most unsafe vehicle you've ever inspected!

15. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

You guys have fun! And if St. Johns resident - and certified geezer - Bud Barnes shows-up (he of the restored "Michigander" front-engined Top Fueler) tap him on the shoulder and tell him, "Jon Lundberg says hello". Then have the good sense not to believe anything he says about me!

Hope you have good weather, great cars and the biggest crowd ever!

16. Barz51

Barz51

Hey Jon, Bud comes to the show every year and puts on a mini-cackle fest for the fans!

Tim, I did not know you were coming as an inspector! Bring your paint stuff for sure, I might need some lines pulled and Scott need to dress up that plane white Dodge!

17. Steve
    Any time !

Tim

18. I will bring my paints. How is your wifes purse holding up???

Tim

19. Barz51

Barz51

It still looks great Tim, She still loves it too! Some of the best money I've ever spent.

20. Glad to hear it!

Tim

21. 416Ford

416Ford

Thanks for the PM Barz51 If the weather is nice we will drive our convertible over for the show. PM me direction from M21 when you get a chance. I'll bring at least one other car also.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  22. Barz51

Barz51

Cool! If you are coming across M21 just before you enter St. Johns you will pass the Liquid Fertilizer Plant. The road just past that is DeWitt Rd. take a right (south) on DeWitt. A mile or so down DeWitt you will come to Townsend Rd. take a left (east). Less than a mile down the road you will find the entrance for the exhibitors entrance.

Thanks!

23. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

I dont care about trophys my shelf has enough of them but was just wondering for your classes is it top 3 for each year group in that class or is it a trophy for the best in that class?

theres another show I promised I'd be at in Detroit this same day but luckily its 3pm-8pm so I should be able to make both

24. 416Ford

416Ford

CCI brings up a good point. For those of us who do not live in or around St. Johns, what are the hours?

25. studeboy

studeboy

Barz, Is there a planned meet n greet time. It would be nice to put a face with some of the names we all talk to here. Thanks for the invite.

26. Barz51

Barz51

Answers!
    CCI: We do plaques for the top three in each category.

416Ford: Entry and registration starts at 8:00, Awards are at 3:00, Parade through town at 4:00.

studeboy: We will do a HAMB meet and greet at 11:00 at the HAMB'er parking. I'll have some name tags and a cooler with pop (sorry guys no beer on school grounds).

I will have some sort of a sign denoting Hamb parking. I'll let you know what to look for soon.

27. studeboy

studeboy

Cool, I'll have to get the kids up and around so we'll be there before 11. What time does the show open for spectators.

28. Barz51

Barz51

Hey Guys,
    If you are going to make it tomorrow we will try and group the HAMB'ers cars together. I'll have my "new" '51 Ford out a ways from the school with a red HAMB sign either in the grill or on either side of it. Park next to it and we will have a meet and greet right there at 11:00.

Hope to see you there!

29. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

good show, defiantly will be back next year but with a car this time if I didnt blow an airline on the caddy it would have been there, anyways I took some picts I'll post later for people

and I passed out some flyers for my show but if I missed you heres the info, hope to see you guys out to my show August 1st in Chesaning

[​IMG]

30. Anybody got pics of the show? I was up north and couldn't make it this time. But next year. . . .