Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 All Deuces Photos ... or I drove 500 + plus in a 32 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

The wife and I left the homestead @ 7 AM Saturday morning to meet up 25 miles above Charlotte Nc ... for the All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock NC. Everything went as planned ... and we fueled up, ate some breakfast and was at the meeting place by 9:30 AM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The red Hiboy roadster ion the left came from OHIO. He is Butch Henderson.

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

It was a GREAT day for a cruise to the mountains and we had a good turnout.

[​IMG]

HAMBERS there with their Deuces were Deuce Roadster ( myself ) ... 3 Deuces in his blue 3W and Hotrodprimer in his pickup. Slick 50 and Vicki also were there. They and their Cadillac was our CABBOOSE ... and bought up the rear. Ken was going to help anyone who had trouble. THANKFULLY ... no one had any issues during the run.

Other folks there with their Deuces ( non HAMB folks ) they you make know thru Hot Rodding were Allen Mason ( Mason's Hot Rods ), Johnny Bright ( formerly Johnny' Rod Shop, Allen Thornton ( Flatlanders ) and Henry Dana ... of Dana RED ... and hot rods fame :)

This was Allen Mason's 32

[​IMG]

The green 5W ... was a ex drag car ... owned by the driver's Dad ... way back and still in the family.

[​IMG]

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

One of the guys there was MAX ... he is older than the 1932's :)
    He has a nice red roadster and a Cabriolet. He and his lady friend ( much younger ;) ) came in the cabriolet ... because it has A/C. These were taken at one of our combination fuel stops/pit stops/shoot the breeze stops.

[​IMG]

That is Max ... closest to his cabriolet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is difficult to get over 25 Deuces in one photo ... so bear with me :D

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Our route takes us thru rural rolling hills of NC and small towns. We had a new route this year, because the Blue Ridge Parkway has had some mudslides and rock slides and parts of our old route was closed for repairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 5W was the Deuce that Henry Dana was driving

[​IMG]

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Almost half of the Deuces were roadsters :) but it was a ROADSTER type of day. There were sedans, 3W coupes, 5w coupes, cabriolets and HRP had the only pickup there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped at " Thunder Hill overlook " which is a few miles from Blowing Rock NC.

[​IMG]

There was almost not enough room for all the Deuces ... it is a very scenic overlook and other Blue Ridge Parkway " patrons were enjoying the scenic views and the car show. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we all ate at the Canyons ... ( where we have ate for the last 6 or 7 runs ) ... the wife and I drove about 150 miles to Anderson SC for a cruise night. It is the local cruise in for HRP and his wife ... so the wife and I went there ... to see all the different cars there.

[​IMG]

We had a great time Saturday on the All Deuces Run and plans are already being made for 2010. I need to thank fellow HAMBer ... Bill Rhodes ... who was the route leader and my fellow ALL DEUCES run organizer.

The wife and I travelled 550 miles ... in a old 1932 Ford roadster Saturday ... got home after Midnight ... and loved every mile of it.

Randy

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Looks like you had great weather for the run, lots of neat deuces. Thanks for the photos.

7. The Deuce Run 2009 had more cars than any of the previous runs Brenda and I have had the pleasure of attending.

The people were cool and the cars were great,we met new folks and the drive was beautiful through the North Carolina mountians

Our drive was close to 400 miles,,but every one of them were fun.

We are already looking forward to next year! HRP

8. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Thank you for allowing us to be your caboose in our "32 Caddy", we had a great day as well,,,enjoyed the company, met new friends.

9. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

WOW....that looks way cool ......love the mix of cars.....I get off on shots of lines of Deuces on the road.......too bad it's thousands of miles away!....... Thanks for the pix

10. Thank you and Ken for bringing up the rear and throwing out the anchor and blocking traffic where everybody could exit the mall parking lot,,,good to see you guys! HRP

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  11. Hey Randy,

Thanks for posting the pics.

Nothing better than 32's and the mountains.:cool:

Unfortunately I'm not any closer to having either of them than I was last year.

(31+33) / 2 = 32 :D

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

It was nice to see you and Ken again.
    We had a great time Saturday. Everyone I spoke with said the same thing. I think that two minor revisions for 2010 will be ... one more fuelstop/pit stop/shoot the breeze stop ... about 30 to 35 miles outside of Blowing Rock and we will reroute the last leg of the stop, after the overlook to go thru down town Blowing Rock like we have in the past. 6 or 8 of the Deuce owners requested that ... :)

Attached Files:

13. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

wow!! doesn't get better than that...
    Very cool! thanks

14. Randy, I HAVE to come down your way and do this run with you one of these days. The two lane roads and beautiful scenery (and 30+ Deuces are great scenery too!) are a "must see and drive" for me. I want to spend some time doing the whole Blue Ridge Parkway too and see the area with the "ALL Deuces Run" being the centerpoint of my visit. One of these days.....................:D

Thanks for posting all the pics. I know how long it takes to put good a thread like this together.

15. Butch M

Butch M

great pic's thanks.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cool!! I wanted to see you guys off but totally forgot as I was heading to our shop to work on my '54. Seen a couple pass by and then remembered. That looks awesome!!!

I was hoping to put together a father's day run officially next year and if it ever turns out half as good as this one I'll be happy!!!

17. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Looks like a good turn out. Thanks for the pics. Butch sure gets around in his roadster. Pretty good haul from Ohio.

18. brady1929

brady1929

19. menomoneevalley

menomoneevalley

My tail is waggin after lookin at these pics

20. ... maybe next year.

JH

21. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Cool, I'd like to do that.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Jim ... I know you would have a GREAT time and be a WELCOME addition to the bunch :)

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Then get in your 1932 Ford and meet up with us next year in 2010. Plans are already being made for next years run. :D :D

24. I hope you can Jim,,,I wanna drive my 5-window next year. HRP

25. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sweet rod run! Hope to make the trip one day when the kids are all grown up:D. I hope we're stil all drive cars by then?
    Any more pictures of the Cabriolet?

26. andyg

andyg

looks like you all had a blast! love to see 'em on the road!

27. Yes sir,,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Looks like a great run, thanks for sharin'.

29. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

After talking with my dad and looking at the pics, I wish I had drove down also. Nice pics,Thanks Brock

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

YES ... your Dad ( Butch Henderson ) is a good fellow and said he and your MOM had a great time. He told 3 Deuces he was planning on coming back in 2010 ...

You should come along with them in your own Deuce Sedan :)