Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hit the Yard Again Today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, May 18, 2009.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

More diff. pic's from diff. angles ......................

Attached Files:

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

More ..........

Attached Files:

3. ....so where is this at again? or is it top secret? ha!

4. RichG

RichG

Last time it was the guessing game. Looking at the pics today: Selah or somewhere in that area...:confused:

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

It not secret at all, I can tell you where and who BUT you won't get anywhere and run the risk of him " hibernating", you need years & years of face to face time with the guy and even than it's by his rules. It's kinda like elephants and tigers, some people have never seen them, so I post these pic's not to piss you off but to let others that have not experienced things like this enjoy threw pic's..........................

6. RichG

RichG

I'm not pissed, I was just goofin':D

7. Looks like the area. There's a lot of old trucks around the area in that orchards.

8. Patdoody

Patdoody

I hate old geizers like that... I would kill to find one of those 5 window coupes around my area.

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

10. Da Injun

Da Injun

I like old geezers like that.....at least he did not scrap this stuff out.

11. moses

moses

hey brigrat lets bring him some cookies grumpy ol guys like them might sweeten him up a little ...jefffrey

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The only thing I know that will buckle him is a small minnie excavator with bucket and tracks..........
    That would get his attention..............

13. Babyearl

Babyearl

brigrat your killing me.

14. labguy

labguy

Is the old geezer's first name Bruce?

15. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Looks like a damn nice stash. If only you can get him to part with some of the stuff.

16. all i can say is WOW!
    wish that was my yard!

17. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

I don't know what to think. It breaks my heart to see them sitting there, but so glad that they never got crushed. Just make sure his kids don't crush them when he passes on.

18. Splinter

Splinter

Don't worry, they will. By the time he passes on, this will all be so much rust.....but think af how much fun the old dick had saying no to good money and talking people's ears off, all while this stuff was depreciating and becoming worthless.

19. SOHC427

SOHC427

Nice stuff, wish some of it was at my place,,,

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

That flathead under the barn tin rules!!.......Just think If engines could talk,

21. Sauli

Sauli

Cool stash. Thanks for posting. Were there any more ´50s cars in there?

22. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Just gotta love these places. You see something new everytime you go out there I bet.

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

well when it comes down to it he'll fight you about buying anything out of his yard until the day he dies.....and then it all WILL be scrapped. it's the never ending story with situations like this. They have this massive collection of complete cars that could make awsome projects and you spend your time trying to play cat and mouse with them and they just won't seperate with anything....not even a part. and then they end up dying for whatever reason and it all goes to the scrap yard.

24. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Attached Files:

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i could get him a minnie ex. with bucket and tracks for one of those cars!!! EEEKK!!! too bad i live as far away as you could possibly get. A lot of them look to be in great shape for resto. projects! anything like that in our climate would be rotted away to the point of no use.

26. What a great collection of cars! Bruce seems like the sort of man who would be very interesting to sit down with and talk about all his finds.... bet he has a unique story for each car!

27. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

dude.... i swear to god if i ever found an old race flathead like that hiding under a hood or whatever its under i would just scream and touch myself...... lol

28. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

im seriously just going to throw up right now.

[​IMG]

29. indyjps

indyjps

I know how it goes with old guys like that, they dont want anyone around, they want to be left alone. My dad found a yard a while back, it was a wrecking yard that had closed in 1980, unfortunately it was swampy and the cars were all shot, most of the inventory was 1960-1970, pulled a lot of 60's trim.

Point being it took 8 trips up there to get past the cars sitting at the first turn in the yard, some of those he didnt get in at all, Old Guy didnt want to talk that day. The 11th trip he started showing the contents of the buildings.

The 12th trip the yard was cleared out, Old Guy called a mobile crusher in after getting too much pressure from the EPA.

Brigrat, please see what you can do to assist Bruce on selling some of the cars, if fhis attitude changes/ EPA comes knocking / passes away these cars can all be crushed and gone before anyone realizes. Take a finished car out there and see if it sparks some interest from Bruce to bring these back to life.